Author Topic: John McCain: Still Lying. Again.  (Read 2425 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: John McCain: Still Lying. Again.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »
<<I would think that going on O'Reilly's show was the blunder.>>

I thought it was a good idea because I was confident that Obama would shred the guy.

<<O'Reilly is a primadonna and a posturing rightwing dolt, not anything that remotely resembles a "newsman" He's Ann Coulter in drag.>>

Exactly.  He shoulda bin BREAKFAST to a guy like Obama, who's been fencing with some of the sharpest brains in the country for twelve years.  Obama really fucked up.  Liberals are always on the DEFENSIVE about "national security," this is their one biggest failing.

<<If we assume that disposing of Al Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan is necessary, then 10,000 more troops there are really needed.>>

The Aghans have been punished enough for 9-11 and it's time to pull out.

<<The problem with any presidential candidate is that the only thing that an honest candidate can say is "I will try", because no candidate has the knowledge of the current situation, let alone future developments to the degree that he can really make absolute statements.

<<In movieland, this honest candidate would be Jimmy Stewart, perhaps played by Denzil Washington, and the people would see his sincerity and elect him over the other blowhard, who says he KNOWS he can do this or that for sure, because they know a blowhard when they see one.>>

This has gone way past the "blowhard" versus the honest man.  That's what it was in the beginning, now it's blowhard versus blowhard wannabe.

<<But we do not live in movieland, we live in a place where people really do think "lite" foods will cause them to be less heavy despite all the evidence they see on their bathroom scales, and there are far too many people who will believe the lying blowhard over the honest man.>>

I respectfully beg to differ.  The problem at this point is that the "honest man" has compromised himself and alienated a lot of his original followers.  You don't kiss your opponent's ass in the middle of a fight.

<<They prefer the preacher who says that he communicates with the Demiurge on a daily basis over the one who merely says he believes.>>

True as far as it goes, but at this point made irrelevant by the progress of the campaign.  The more modest candidate has started to self-destruct for reasons that have nothing to do with the public's credulity.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:35:01 AM by Michael Tee »