Author Topic: Clinton supporters still not embracing Obama  (Read 11663 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Clinton supporters still not embracing Obama
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »
Found that .1%.  Way down at the bottom, 1 item where he voted with the GOP, against the Dems.  The other 99% has been with the Dems.

Major Voting Issues

So, does that help sway Cynthia's notion that obama supposedly works better with Republicans than McCain does with Democrats?  Slight change in who's she's gonna vote for now?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 08:57:10 PM »
1 last time, otherwise I'm moving on.....Let's redirect.....If I manage to show a posting of all these votes by Obama that show no effort what-so ever of going against his own party's interests, and you'll be seriously considering changing your vote, correct?

With you arrogance, I can't say that I would really ever listen to you, Sirs. You have an arrogant way about you, dear. With all due respect.

LOL
I will change my vote because I was raised a Rep. but I am also a free thinker, and if I find that there is damn good reason to change my vote, of course I will. Didn't you read my post?

ONE last time, Sirs......move the hell on!

You are frankly not someone I care to read anymore. But, then again, I feel for you...as you are sensitive, as a lot of good folks are.....so...hell, who knows, maybe someday you will share a decent fact or two.
I expected more from you, Sirs. But, we all have our set backs.

Post like you've never posted before without ONE reference TO ME as an individual...See if you can do that~

Cynthia

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »
Found that .1%.  Way down at the bottom, 1 item where he voted with the GOP, against the Dems.  The other 99% has been with the Dems.

Major Voting Issues

So, does that help sway Cynthia's notion that obama supposedly works better with Republicans than McCain does with Democrats?  Slight change in who's she's gonna vote for now?

Not really, no more than the points sent in your direction in the reality of what is happening in the classrooms in the public schools. You probably will never convince me, unless you see that the children in the PS's, who are undergoing a one size fits all curriculum because the GOV. SAID IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, deserve MORE.. When did the government decided EVERYTHING in the arena of education? EVERYTHING. I have a friend who is a professor of the COLLEGE OF SANTA FE...and he is outraged at how the system has been hi-jacked. Why bother educating the young people today if the government is going to mandate everything we do in the average classroom.....and the POWERS THAT BE (GOVERNMENT off eds) aren't even teachers....

BUt, at least Obama hears us, Sirs. My god he hears our life pure and simple.

So, are YOU willing to listen and CHANGE YOUR MIND becuase I*** say it's right?
Geezz...You can quote, provide facts until your cow comes home, but until you have shown me facts that mean something, instead of diving into the bottom of your barrel to find it.....no, it's not going to make a dent in my view.

If, however, we were civil on this board and you were someone I trusted to provide informative information with regard to what the candidates are doing, and what will help the average American....tit for tat....with a sense of true argument...NOT DEBAte NECESSARILY....but a true fact to fact discussion...I might listen to you here...

BT is, actually one who has "tried" to stretch the debate in that direction.....he might be a bit sarcastic, as we all are...I agree, but I want to be able to provide videos, information and such without BEING LAUGHED AT BY YOU!

You are boring me. You have little to provide in a way of rich discussions.

But, I am willing to be open minded if you are willing to stop your arrogant BS.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:08:56 PM by Cynthia »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 09:31:25 PM »

Is that why he sends his kids to private school and has since he was a state senator?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »

Major Voting Issues

Not really, no more than the points sent in your direction in the reality of what is happening in the classrooms in the public schools.

That's kinda what I thought you'd say.     :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »

Is that why he sends his kids to private school and has since he was a state senator?

Once again, BT...Obama not only recognizes what is really happening within the public school arena, from what I've heard  first hand on those videos and in type, he is also willing to help solve those issues.

That's what counts.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:45:23 PM by Cynthia »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2008, 12:21:49 AM »
Once again, BT...Obama not only recognizes what is really happening within the public school arena, from what I've heard  first hand on those videos and in type, he is also willing to help solve those issues.

That's what counts.

What counts is that he must not only talk the talk, he must walk the walk.

He sends his kids to private schools. That isn't walking the walk.

No records of him serving on any education committees at either the state or federal level.

Sounds more like he is preaching to the choir, telling you what you want to hear.

And that's ok if that's what you want.

Cynthia

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 12:23:47 AM »

Major Voting Issues

Not really, no more than the points sent in your direction in the reality of what is happening in the classrooms in the public schools.

That's kinda what I thought you'd say.     :-\

Truth is truth.

Now keep posting those facts, ok?

Money seems to be at the heart of much that is politics, unfortunately. Morals, rights, common sense, respect be darned. :( sadly

Education takes a back stage, as well, unfortunately. Public education is a right and should be respected as such. There are brilliant professionals who have taken on the position to educate ALL. When did the education of all become for the wealthy, only?

It started in the early 20th century. The rich were given the best practices then and still do today. Obama is a political figure. He can not send his child to a public school. So is he an elitist? Not really. He is a realist. But that does not take away from the reality that most of the nation of young children are not the sons or daugthers of the very high profile rich.

So, I continue to work with children...front lines... but the public school is still a 'right'.

All  kids deserve more.....they deserve what they used to get before NCLB.

Obama  hears that clearly..., more than any other candidate to date.

If you were capable of witnessing the average PS classroom, you would see that the torture is beyond belief.
The over testing and the mandates that are "somehow" a link to the NCLB act....are obscene.

Cynthia

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 12:29:21 AM »

That's what counts.

What counts is that he must not only talk the talk, he must walk the walk.

He sends his kids to private schools. That isn't walking the walk.

No records of him serving on any education committees at either the state or federal level.

Sounds more like he is preaching to the choir, telling you what you want to hear.

And that's ok if that's what you want.

I wouldn't expect any president to send their child to private school. Your point is skirting the issue, BT. come on.

I just posted to this.
Nite.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 12:43:18 AM »
I wouldn't expect any president to send their child to private school. Your point is skirting the issue, BT. come on.

Obama isn't a President. He was sending his kids to private schools when he was a state senator.

I really don't see how you can expect him to save public schools when he doesn't trust them enough to send his own kids to them.

And that is the issue with Obama and public school quality.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008, 05:40:14 AM »
Found that .1% Way down at the bottom, 1 item where he voted with the GOP, against the Dems. The other 99% has been with the Dems.

Major Voting Issues

Not really.....

That's kinda what I thought you'd say  :-\

Truth is truth.

From your biased perspective perhaps.  Point remains unchecked.  You claimed that if such demonstration of Obama's factual lack of working with Republicans and support of largely anything & everything Democrats wanted was presented, you'd seriously have to reconsider your support for him.  I was skeptical, but presented those facts (not MY facts, but the Senate's facts, and Obama's facts).  And you didn't disappoint unfortunately and validated the skepticism, with the "not really...."

Okie dokie, not that it's make any difference, as you've clearly demonstrated

Cynthia

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 01:10:03 PM »

Obama isn't a President. He was sending his kids to private schools when he was a state senator.

I really don't see how you can expect him to save public schools when he doesn't trust them enough to send his own kids to them.

And that is the issue with Obama and public school quality.

I know he's not president......yet, ..I was wishfully hoping when I typed that statement and I knew you would point that out to me ;)

BT, how do you know for a fact that Obama does not trust the public schools? Show me the clip, statement, please---- that states exactly those words..."I don't trust the public schools".

I can 'expect' Obama to walk his talk ( such as was heard on the youtube videos) if/when he is elected president.

Cynthia

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 01:13:33 PM »
Found that .1% Way down at the bottom, 1 item where he voted with the GOP, against the Dems. The other 99% has been with the Dems.

Major Voting Issues

Not really.....

That's kinda what I thought you'd say  :-\

Truth is truth.

From your biased perspective perhaps.  Point remains unchecked.  You claimed that if such demonstration of Obama's factual lack of working with Republicans and support of largely anything & everything Democrats wanted was presented, you'd seriously have to reconsider your support for him.  I was skeptical, but presented those facts (not MY facts, but the Senate's facts, and Obama's facts).  And you didn't disappoint unfortunately and validated the skepticism, with the "not really...."

No, actually it will make a difference to read that you have more facts behind your claims, Sirs. I expect more from you because I trust you, ironically. You can bring more to the table in terms of a good debate if you google a bit more instead of bringing the discussion into a personal tit for tat.

It only makes me want to tat for tit back at ya.... ;)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 01:23:45 PM »

No, actually it will make a difference to read that you have more facts behind your claims, Sirs.

Which were then provided, which facilitated a response of "not really" to any changing of the mind, when you had earlier postulated such a probability.  Bascially validating what I presumed you'd respond with. 

So, what you're doing now is redirecting your aggravation of me reinforcing Obama's piss poor efforts at working with the GOP, against his party's wishes (analogus to what McCain has accomplished) at me instead of Obama, thus clearing your conscience so you can go back to singing his praises as the next greatest thing since sliced bread

fatman

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 01:31:24 PM »
BT, how do you know for a fact that Obama does not trust the public schools? Show me the clip, statement, please---- that states exactly those words..."I don't trust the public schools".

Why would Obama send his kids to private schools if he felt that public schools were up to the task?  Hell, the governor of my state (a Dem) sends her kids to public schools.

As BT pointed out, a person has a lot more credibility when the walk the walk.