Author Topic: How racism works  (Read 7814 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How racism works
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »
Obama has been in a financial scandal every bit as serious as Whitewater or Keating five and it isn't exciteing the racism that would be expected .

I do not see this as being as serious as the Keating five thing. There was actually something there to pursue.

Whitewater cost the taxpayers millions and all it revealed was that government thugs could lie to a young woman about how she would go to prison for a loooong time if she did not admit to a blow job. Followed by a useless impeachment trial and a ton of meaningless crap for Rush to rail on about.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »
If one of Obama's daughters was PG, this would lead to mu8ltiple hoots and hollers about ghetto trash and the like, and everyone knows it.

I will not vote for Palin, but not based on her mothering skills, which I think are pretty much irrelevant. I dislike her ideology first and foremost, and I question her competency based on her ditziness.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »
Her mothering skills are not her only disqualifying factor, but I would not discount them either.

She has fucked up on one of the most basic and important tasks that a woman has been given, and one that literally billions of other women are capable of carrying out reasonably well.  Let's face it, as important as mothering is, it is not rocket science.  If she fucks up on THAT, who knows what else she can fuck up on?

<<Children of alcoholics are susceptible to addiction. Children of abusive parents are often abusive themselves. >>

Nice try, BT.  Unfortunately for your argument, however, there is no evidence that Obama's mother was either abusive or an alcoholic.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »
Obama has been in a financial scandal every bit as serious as Whitewater or Keating five and it isn't exciteing the racism that would be expected .

I do not see this as being as serious as the Keating five thing. There was actually something there to pursue.

Whitewater cost the taxpayers millions and all it revealed was that government thugs could lie to a young woman about how she would go to prison for a loooong time if she did not admit to a blow job. Followed by a useless impeachment trial and a ton of meaningless crap for Rush to rail on about.

If you were to reverse each of these facts , they would be correct.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 11:07:39 AM »
In your limbaughed mind, yeah!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »
If one of Obama's daughters was PG, this would lead to mu8ltiple hoots and hollers about ghetto trash and the like, and everyone knows it.

I will not vote for Palin, but not based on her mothering skills, which I think are pretty much irrelevant. I dislike her ideology first and foremost, and I question her competency based on her ditziness.

Nope , you are speculateing this with no reason , and the lack of hooting about his mother indicates exactly otherwise.

You are not discussing how reasonable people might react , you are supposeing something about unreasonable people that in your opinion exist and are eager to hoot.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
She is a demonstrable right winger. I despise right wingers.
She is a demonsrtrable ditz. The Couric interview is ample proof of that.

She supported GEORGE FUCKING JUNIORBUSH.

Three strkes, she's out.

Sen her back to the tundra, where a man is a man and the moose know it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2008, 11:20:06 AM »

Admitted prejudice , I think that is at the root of the matter , and is a major component of how racism works.

Your Prejudice isn't race based , what woud be a term for a creed based prejudice?

There are already so many Isms I don't want to create one if there already is one.

Knutey

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »

Admitted prejudice , I think that is at the root of the matter , and is a major component of how racism works.

Your Prejudice isn't race based , what woud be a term for a creed based prejudice?

There are already so many Isms I don't want to create one if there already is one.

Wonderful that you think Rwerism is a creed. It is most of y'alls God. Along with taxcuts which is really all your creed id about.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »

Wonderful that you think Rwerism is a creed. It is most of y'alls God. Along with taxcuts which is really all your creed id about.

I could be wrong about that , what do you think?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »
I have elaborated what right wing looniness is to me, and why I see it as logical gto despise it and reject any clown that advocates it from leadership of my country.

See the separate post.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2008, 06:29:11 PM »

Well, there were the people who went to jail over it - but I guess they don't count, because they weren't Republicans.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »
Well, there were the people who went to jail over it - but I guess they don't count, because they weren't Republicans.

The purpose of Whitewater was to catch the Clintons, and there was insufficient evidence to do this. It was money wasted.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »
The purpose of Whitewater was to catch the Clintons, and there was insufficient evidence to do this. It was money wasted.

The purpose of the Whitewater investigation was to identify and prosecute criminals. Since it did so, it was successful.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2008, 08:59:09 PM »
Bullshit.