Author Topic: Are you suffering from Fox-o-phobia?  (Read 13204 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are you suffering from Fox-o-phobia?
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »
What's also pretty transparent is to claim Fox News is comparable to MSNBC.  Where's their version of O'Reilly?  For every Hannity Fox has, MSNBC has 4 hard core liberal shows, such as Ed, Maddow, KO, and Mathews.  Shall we even go so far as to compare the TV Ratings between the 2 networks??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:42 PM »
I must have missed the part where I was claiming that 1 bias is better than the other.

You certainly minimized conservative bias.

Bias in the press would be bad enough, if it were equal in its being perpetuated.  Overtly and egregious wasting of tax payer dollars...ooops, wrong watchdog group again,
1 sided bias is exponentually far worse.

One could almost surmise that you are encouraging news presenters to be more conservatively biased.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »
You could, but you'd be wrong.........again
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »

Is that a subjective or objective reply?

Is it bias free?

Nah

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 04:35:46 PM »

Is that a subjective or objective reply?

Objective, since it's in reference to you assumption I'm advocating an overt conservative bias in the MSM.  It's flat out wrong, and objectively proven so bt my comments preceding your "assumption" that has demonstrated that numerous times:
- "Bias in the press would be bad enough, if it were equal in its being perpetuated"
- "I must have missed the part where I was claiming that 1 bias is better than the other"
- "Media Bias is a bad thing when it leans so far in 1 direction, regardless of if that direction were right or left."
- "For instance, I wouldn't support a predominant RW bias either."

But by all means, continue to falsely assume and misrepresent my position.  You've gotten quite good at it, as of late

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2010, 04:43:33 PM »
"Bias in the press would be bad enough, if it were equal in its being perpetuated"
"Media Bias is a bad thing when it leans so far in 1 direction, regardless of if that direction were right or left."

How should this inequity be resolved? I believe you are on record as saying a legislative approach is not the answer. What else is there?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »
It's not an enequity requiring some means of balance.  It's POV, based on the facts present.  Nice deflection from the misrepresentation tact though

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2010, 05:03:22 PM »
Nice deflection from the misrepresentation tact though

Misrepresentation?

Are you saying you are in favor of a legislative approach?

If not legislative, perhaps educational?

Which begs the question, which members of this forum do you believe incapable of recognizing bias and filtering for it?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »
Nice deflection from the misrepresentation tact though

Misrepresentation?

yea.  The pushing of the false assumption I support a Conservative bias in the MSM

Are you saying you are in favor of a legislative approach?

LOL...see, clear cut demonstration now of yet another deflection tactic at best, misrepresentation tact at worse.  It's starting to get old now, Bt, since my comments on misrepresentation had nothing to do with an enequity issue that supposedly needed to be resolved. 

Then again, you're a smart fella.  You probably knew that, which begs the question, why continue to sink to these levels of misrepresentation?  This is quite a change for your normally standard civil and applicable commentary, that I've come to admire.  Ever since the Mosque debacle, this little monster of yours has been intermittently rearing its ugly rhetorical head.  That topic really must have shaken you, somehow.  You're now apparently jumping to conclusions, based on an apparent predisposition of what you think I'm saying or thinking, and rationalizing my commentary to fit that preconceived "assumption".  And damn any of my comments, clarifications, or facts to the contrary

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
Are you complaining that bias in the press in proportionally greater towards the left than to the right?

And you think the grotesque mutation of the MSM into largely a Democratic talking points machine, is no real biggie?  Pretty sad commentary

This post shows that you do think the bias is disproportionate but the post will also serve as an example of your misrepresentations. Because as you have seen i believe all bias in reporting is a bad thing.

So since as you claim it is one sided your endgame is this:

MY endgame would be education of the electorate...especially on the points that echo O'Reilly's concerns, regarding the MSM and what it has mutated into

Is there another forum you post these tidbits in or do you think there are members of this forum in need of your educational services, and if so who do you believe to be not intelligent enough to recognize and filter for bias?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2010, 08:13:53 PM »
Are you complaining that bias in the press in proportionally greater towards the left than to the right?

And you think the grotesque mutation of the MSM into largely a Democratic talking points machine, is no real biggie?  Pretty sad commentary

This post shows that you do think the bias is disproportionate but....

But nothing, I've been saying that from the beginning.  So, why you're even asking is......a strawman?  Yet ANOTHER misrepresentation effort??

the post will also serve as an example of your misrepresentations. Because as you have seen i believe all bias in reporting is a bad thing.

How the hell is that misrepresentation??  Please, demonstrate exactly how, similar to how I exactly demonstrated how you have been so frequently misrepresenting myposition
a) bias in the MSM IS A BAD THING
b) an overt 1 sided bias in the MSM, IS A WORSE THING

Been saying that SINCE the beginning.  But cudos on yet another deflection effort

So since as you claim it is one sided your endgame is this:

MY endgame would be education of the electorate...especially on the points that echo O'Reilly's concerns, regarding the MSM and what it has mutated into
[/color]

yea.....and?  Nevermind, I should expect yet another deflection or worse, misrepresentation.  We shall move along

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
run along now.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »
Didn't think you could answer how I misrepresented anything.  Good thing you took the out, I gave you

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »
Next is you're going to have to actually DEMONSTRATE how I misrepresented anything....kinda along the lines of claiming someone appears to support X (let's say, a predominant conservative bias), when the rhetoric from that someone has clearly supported Y (like, ummm, no, in no uncrertain terms, does that someone support a predominat bias from either side)

Now, that shouldn't be too hard, should it?  Those specific examples should do the trick vs the standard effort in deflection & additional misrepresentations on your part

Next