Author Topic: If you think flying the flag upside down and filing for secession are bad...  (Read 1633 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Republicans are disappointed and upset that Obama was re-elected. I get that. But let's not get carried away.

Arizona woman runs down husband with car for not voting: police
Reuters

PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday.

Holly Solomon, 28, was arrested after running over husband Daniel Solomon following a wild chase that left him pinned underneath the vehicle.

Daniel Solomon, 36, was in critical condition at a local hospital, but is expected to survive, Gilbert police spokesman Sergeant Jesse Sanger said.

Police said Daniel Solomon told them his wife became angry over his "lack of voter participation" in last Tuesday's presidential election and believed her family would face hardship as a result of Obama winning another term.

Witnesses reported the argument broke out on Saturday morning in a parking lot and escalated. Mrs Solomon then chased her husband around the lot with the car, yelling at him as he tried to hide behind a light pole, police said. He was struck after attempting to flee to a nearby street.

Obama won the national election with 332 electoral votes compared with 206 for Republican challenger Mitt Romney. Arizona's 11 electoral votes were won by Romney.

(Reporting by David Schwartz.; Editing by Mary Slosson, Cynthia Johnston and Andre Grenon)
http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-woman-runs-down-husband-car-not-voting-045426220.html
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BSB

Well, far be it for me to exacerbate the rancor going on between the left and right in this country but lets just exterminate the far right. We can start with the Texas and Arizona and give them back to Mexico. Neither one of them can protect their borders anyway. 

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
They're not supposed to....that's Constitutionally the Fed's job.  In other words, what you're saying, is the Federal Government can't protect our borders.  And who's in charge, there again?

Notice also how the "far right needs exterminated", but the "far left" apparently gets a pass.  Imagine that
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:19:19 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
lets just exterminate the far right. We can start with the Texas and Arizona and give them back to Mexico.

The US did not take Texas from Mexico,
Texas was an independent nation before being annexed by the US.
But if that is the ticket out....I would support that route.
I mean what the heck...before we are "exterminated"....lol
Fine...."give us back to Mexico"
Texas would have no trouble ridding itself of Mexico again,
the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, & Texas State Guard
would easily defeat any Mexican military....and then Texas would be independent again.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:06:10 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The US did not take Texas from Mexico,
Texas was an independent nation before being annexed by the US.

======================================
Only partially true, at best,
The Republic of Texas did not include all the territory claimed by the Texans.

There was the Republic of the Rio Grande that existed for a short time between the two,and was not recognized by anyone: Texas, Mexico or the US.

The Americans annexed Texas, then invaded the land between the Brazos and the Rio Grande, which was a provocation.

Texas will not secede again, in any case.In 15 to 20 years it will be a blue state. So will Arizona.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

I spent some time in Texas back in the day and liked it. It's different, particularly if you're from the Northeast. Same with New Mexico. The problem with Texas though is the far right religious nut-jobs. As XO has said, their time is just about up but there's still too many of them right now to consider moving there. It's weird how Christian fundamentalism has stuck in places like Texas. I'm not sure I understand the whys of that.

BSB 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
My father was born in Gainesville and grew up in several Panhandle towns. I have lots of relatives in Texas. Some are Democrats, others are Republicans,but not a one is so nutty as to believe that secession is anything but plumb loco.

It is wrong to assume that everyone in a "red state" is a right wing teabagger nut job or that everyone in a "blue state" is not. The whole "winner take all" thing has distorted the statistics about the electorate.

Most Texans are not fundies, but the fact is that the fanatics are louder than everyone else, so naturally they get the headlines.

Politics is really not nearly as important a factor in how pleasant a place is to live in as others, such as the weather, the cost of living, congestion, the pay scale in your field of work and perhaps the schools.

BSB

I enjoy having a little fun with Texans over their far right reputation but I know Texas pretty well and of course they aren't all nut-jobs. You can't broad brush any group.

What I like about that part of the United States, Texas, New Mexico, etc., is its wide open spaces. Big sky country. It has a tendency to put you in your place. I like that feeling.

BSB 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I agree with that. West Texas and NM are quite spectacular.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I hope you never have troubble getting a visa to visit Texas.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Texas will never secede. That is monumentally stupid.

It will, however, clearly be a blue state within 20 years.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
That isn't a reason to secede?

Actually I am not that optomistic.

The country is in no way garrunteed to last twenty years, especially if we keep turning blue.
(Though I shouldn't claim that the red isn't also causing waste.)
Greece might not fall first because there are larger economys interested in rescue, where is a white knight big enough to rescue our economy?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Argentina has had at least four economic meltdowns far worse than anything the US has suffered. The country is not going to cease to exist because of Democrats. Republicans are mostly to blame, because of their stupid plan to "starve the beast", which has only caused huge deficits. But neither party could ever destroy the country. They could make it harder for people to survive, but even Tajikistan has managed to survive as a nation.

The "rebate" at the beginning of the Juniorbush was a singularly stupid idea that started his administration off on a mission to screw up everything. Remember Cheney was the one who said "deficits don't matter".

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Argentina has had at least four economic meltdowns far worse than anything the US has suffered. The country is not going to cease to exist because of Democrats. Republicans are mostly to blame, because of their stupid plan to "starve the beast", which has only caused huge deficits. But neither party could ever destroy the country. They could make it harder for people to survive, but even Tajikistan has managed to survive as a nation.

The "rebate" at the beginning of the Juniorbush was a singularly stupid idea that started his administration off on a mission to screw up everything. Remember Cheney was the one who said "deficits don't matter".

If your head was 25% of your bodyweight you would be immoble.

How much government do we need?

And how much can we support more than we need?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
We need a government big enough and strong enough to defend the consumers from big business. This could be possible with the same number of people we have now, just in different jobs.

What we did NOT need was more military, which was Romney's plan to grow the government. What we do NOT need is cowardly legislators trembling in fear of Grover effing Norquist. ]]]

What Norquist needs is a  nice, new, yet homicidal bathtub.