Author Topic: Bigoted emails from Army recruiter outrage gay man  (Read 8796 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bigoted emails from Army recruiter outrage gay man
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 07:32:15 PM »
I think it`s neither.
Theirs a tv show called torchwood
the cast is neither gay or straight.
their bi
the only preference is the person has to be good looking.
oddly the actor(who is gay) playing capt.jack hartness auditioned for will and grace and was turned down for being too straight.

larry

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 07:41:26 PM »
Will and Grace is a double edge sward. Exploitation of stereotypes is the foundation of the show.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 07:46:46 PM »
I notice no openly gay masculine men in the show
despite that the military has proven there are a great deal many of them.

larry

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 07:53:35 PM »
I believe those who control the national media are still anti-gay and what they produce is design to portray gay people in a negative way, in general.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 08:14:22 PM »
maybe not anti-gay but definately subject to preconcieved notions.
like the idea of a masculine gay man is just not thinkable.
despite the cowboy,biker,sailor theme that is quite popular in gay culture.

larry

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »
I think you are right about the preconceived notions. That was true for early TV also, male roll models in the early days were laughable, father knows best type. but that format points to the problem of todays tv programming and what is still wrong with it.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 08:31:51 PM »
People already make those choices and they don't care what church or state think about it.

Exactly. They have an orientation.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

larry

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 08:39:51 PM »

I don't believe it is an orientation. I believe it is just part of the natural state of human sexuality. Perhaps if they did not try to fix the so called problem of homosexuality we would not have some of the problems we have today, like over population, pollution, starvation. maybe church and state should have let nature chart the course.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 08:52:13 PM »
I don't believe it is an orientation.

Orientation: A tendency of thought; a general inclination; a predisposition in favor of something (from Houghton Mifflin's American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language)

This does not describe either a hetero-, bi-, or homosexual person's feelings towards certain genders?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:55:37 PM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

yellow_crane

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »
So, in a non-religious, non-political world, we would all be gay?

No, there would just be no institutional anti-gay indoctrination. It would be up to the individual to make their own choice about who they have sex with. People already make those choices and they don't care what church or state think about it.

Gays have been called everything, had their prediliction analyzed and disected in a hundred directions, with each conclusion closely related to judgemental bias, all to paint them as sinners or psychopaths.

God made them, so if they are sinners . . .

As far as labelling them mentally deranged, my own theory is that it is the accusers who are working through their shit on the issue, not the gays.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 06:07:14 PM »
As far as labelling them mentally deranged, my own theory is that it is the accusers who are working through their shit on the issue, not the gays.

I feel the same way about most of the current administration's accusers.

The_Professor

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 10:19:13 AM »
I believe those who control the national media are still anti-gay and what they produce is design to portray gay people in a negative way, in general.

And portraying the homosexual lifesyle in a negative fashion is BAD?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 10:23:57 AM by The_Professor »

The_Professor

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2007, 10:29:54 AM »

I don't believe it is an orientation. I believe it is just part of the natural state of human sexuality. Perhaps if they did not try to fix the so called problem of homosexuality we would not have some of the problems we have today, like over population, pollution, starvation. maybe church and state should have let nature chart the course.

People make choices, sometimes for good or ill. Being flawed at birth, many are not positive or productive ones.

You said: "I believe it is just part of the natural state of human sexuality." This is utter CRUD. Homosexuality is a choice. People choose this lifestyle. And, "charting the course" should mean that the people do not let the homesexual lifestyle "folks" determine the language to be used in this debate such as the word "gay", in order to place a more positive spin on this lifestyle. People who CHOOSE this lifestyle should be given all the help they can in order to be delivered from the effects of this erroneous choice.

Yellow Crane: "God made them, so if they are sinners . . ."  Yes, He did, but they CHOSE a different way than He intended, as we all do too often.

And I disagree. the MSM is putting a more positive spin on this choice for quite some time and the MSM and society as a whole have mostly bought into this "it is just a lifestyle choice, not a good or BAD thing!". I cannot relate to you the number of times lately I have seen a homosexual placed into a movie, many times with no real reason, other than, IMHO, to placate the homosexual community.

Someone who has CHOSEN the homosexual lifestyle should be LOVED as anyone else, but not told their lifestyle is acceptable and "it's okay, it's just differnet" and so on.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:00:39 AM by The_Professor »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 11:54:17 AM »
100% agree Professor.  I love my brother, who is gay.  That doesn't translate into my supporting or even respecting his lifestyle choice.  I tolerate it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

yellow_crane

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »
100% agree Professor.  I love my brother, who is gay.  That doesn't translate into my supporting or even respecting his lifestyle choice.  I tolerate it

How about your brother and CHOICE?

Did he just act out and choose to suck cock, or did he one day look at a dick and swoon to the lymbic, just as you or I do when we see the apricot in the bush?

Is your brother a well-adjusted homosexual, and if he is, notice how his life is singing along while you writhe before the pulpit.

I want to be there when you and your brother are judged.   I will speak to God's translation.   I do this by virtue of the fact that I know God makes homosexuals, because no one chooses to munch on the organs of others unless there is a buzz in the blood, and homosexuals have a buzz in the blood, while nonhomosexuals do not have it for the same sex. 

But if your argument is really that, even though the strong sexual feelings are present, one SHOULD  CHOOSE to not follow their sexual instinct at all, then that is another thing entirely, isn't it?

In that case, we would be doing it for our sakes, not theirs