Author Topic: Obama's Speech  (Read 11064 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Obama's Speech
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »
So does driving drunk. Didn't hurt Bush all that much

Rich

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 04:19:41 PM »
>>So does driving drunk. Didn't hurt Bush all that much<<

Actually it did have more than just a little effect if I recall correcly.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »
So does driving drunk. Didn't hurt Bush all that much

Is Bush still drinking?  Last time I checked he had the judgement to stop.  Last time I checked, Obama was still going to said racist pastor's church
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Rich

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »
Good point sirs. Looks like BT is engaging in "gotcha" politics.

;)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 04:52:15 PM »

While Wright is a racist, and have found nothing he says as humerous

You keep saying Wright is a "racist" but you really don't offer any quotes to support that.  "God DAMN America" is not a racist comment.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
Rezko leaves Obama open to ethics charges.

Wright leaves Obama open to severe judgement issues

Did you vote for George Bush once or twice?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »
While Wright is a racist, and have found nothing he says as humerous

You keep saying Wright is a "racist" but you really don't offer any quotes to support that.  "God DAMN America" is not a racist comment.

Skipping for the moment the plethora of folks, including Democrats, who have been conceding the "racially insensitve commentary", by Pastor Wright, advocating a Black Values system is racist, (see what happens if McCain were to propose a Whites Value system), advocating a segregated society is racist, advocating that the white man is the source of all the evil to happen to black people is racist, advocating that america invented AIDS to kill the black man is racist.  I could go on, but the evidence is incontributable, and is not simply somone would simply disagree with. 

Now, Xo tries to rationalize why it's ok for black people to say what gets white people labeled a racist for nearly identical rhetoric, but the only people buying that would be the ignorant and victocrats of the country
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
Skipping for the moment the plethora of folks, including Democrats, who have been conceding the "racially insensitve commentary", by Pastor Wright, advocating a Black Values system is racist, (see what happens if McCain were to propose a Whites Value system), advocating a segregated society is racist
\\============================================

McCain might get in trouble for saying he is for a White values system, but the fact is, that is what he is for, and he does not need to even mention this. The prevailing values system in the USA IS a White, Euro-centric values system.

With regard to Obama, I remember a line from the film Little Big Man, where Chief Old Lodge Skins, portrayed by Dan George, tells Little Big Man (Dustin Hoffman) "Once there was a White Man who lived among the human beings and was only almost as crazy as the other White Men, but his skin was dark."
"Ah, yes, says another character, The BLACK White man.  That is what Obama is, a Black man who has lived among the White men long enough to speak like them and understand most of their ways.

He seems far less crazy than McCain. At least he does not walk about joking about "Bomb, bomb Iran".

I am opposed to a values system that requires a war every three or four years. Sweden and Switzerland have not fought anyone since the 1600's.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »
Skipping for the moment the plethora of folks, including Democrats, who have been conceding the "racially insensitve commentary", by Pastor Wright, advocating a Black Values system is racist, (see what happens if McCain were to propose a Whites Value system), advocating a segregated society is racist
\\============================================

McCain might get in trouble for saying he is for a White values system, but the fact is, that is what he is for, and he does not need to even mention this.

Ahh, so Xo is now able to read minds, that McCain believes in segregation and a racial value system.  Good thing we have Xo to clear this up     ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 07:42:24 PM »
Actually it did have more than just a little effect if I recall correcly.

Closed the gap a bit., is all

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
Did you vote for George Bush once or twice?

Not that it means anything, but given the alternatives, I judged Bush the better of each opposing candidate, during the 2000 & 2004 election cycles.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 08:36:42 PM »
"You keep saying Wright is a "racist" but you really don't offer any quotes to support that"

This question was not directed at me, but I have a bigger problem with
Wright's anti-Americanism and his racial rants that will further divide the races.
Obama is supposed to be a racial healer. Are the statements and actions below
going to bring the races together? Are they healing statements or more fingerpointing?

Wright presents honors and awards to a racist. Wright's organization gave the
Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to a man it said "truly epitomized greatness."
That man was Louis Farrakhan. For most Americans, Farrakhan epitomizes racism, particularly
in the form of anti-Semitism. Wright also traveled with Louis Farrakhan to visit with
(PanAm 103) Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi.

Wright: "We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it
more than we believe in God
.? (sermon)

If that is true then why do we currently have an African American Secretary of State,
the second African American Secretary of State in the past 8 years? Again if that is
true why is an African American winning all these primaries? And the only way to win
all those primaries is with white votes. The quote is a bunch of racist non-sense.
Demonizing an entire race is racism.

People that continuously use race as an excuse to blame all their problems only fuel racism,
not bring the races together.

Is calling the United States the "US KKK of A" a statement that helps bring the country
together or divide it and tear apart the races?

You can put whatever label on it you want, the guy is a bigot and hate filled. And that does
not bring the races together as Obama has pledged he will do. And if Obama is sincere about
bringing the races together, healing the rifts, believes in a change in attitudes, what is he doing
hanging out with a guy making these kinds of divisive statements for the last 20 years?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:40:52 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »
So you have a problem with Reverend Wright?  And that applies to Obama HOW?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »

I guess I can repeat what I already typed:

You can put whatever label on it you want, the guy is a bigot and hate filled. And that does
not bring the races together as Obama has pledged he will do. And if Obama is sincere about
bringing the races together, healing the rifts, believes in a change in attitudes, what is he doing
hanging out with a guy making these kinds of divisive statements for the last 20 years?

It all comes down to sincerity and judgement.

Honestly Brass I had no problem with Obama on anything except his far left voting record.

I thought, well he seems like a nice enough guy, him and I just disagree on issues.

But now besides his voting record, there is some serious doubt about his sincerity and
judgement because he was so close with this racial divider Wright and stayed put with
Wright for 20 years.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 08:49:31 PM »

The same way Bob Jones apparently applied to Bush.  The same way Strom Thurmond apparently applied to Trent Lott.  We could go on