Author Topic: Ha ha ha LMFAO  (Read 7082 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ha ha ha LMFAO
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
Hey, lack of racism is proof positive of racism in Tee leaf land

Oh, did anyone else catch the near riotous acts taking place in AZ??  Rock throwing, windows being broken.  I even heard about refried beans being spread over Capital windows in the shape of swastikas.  But hey, why focus on violence occuring at the behest of rhetoric by this administration.  Let's focus on non-violent rhetoric that advocates no violence, with no evidence of any violent offshoots anywhere, as the real threat to this country & its government
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
ANY racist was going to lose votes after the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, because racism was a declining force. 

You are aware , I suppose, that he had the same constituants before and after. This is not an office elected nationally if racism was a declineing force then it was a declineing force in his state.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 05:32:56 PM »
<<You are aware , I suppose, that he had the same constituants before and after. This is not an office elected nationally if racism was a declineing force then it was a declineing force in his state.>>

Not sure that I get your point.  Racism was a declining though still-potent force in South Carolina as in the rest of the nation.  At the same time, as an elder statesman, Strom would normally have been entitled to certain perks and deference in his own party, which, following his humiliating defeat over the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, were not likely to be forthcoming.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »
<<...........if racism was a declineing force then it was a declineing force in his state.>>

..... Racism was a declining though still-potent force in South Carolina.........

If it had declined to the point that it would no longer elect a Senator , how much had it declined at that point?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »
<<If it had declined to the point that it would no longer elect a Senator , how much had it declined at that point?>>

Not a hell of a lot, IMHO.  It was only OVERT racism that wouldn't fly, the covert kind was still potent enough to make scum like Thurmond a force in the state.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »
<<If it had declined to the point that it would no longer elect a Senator , how much had it declined at that point?>>

Not a hell of a lot, IMHO.  It was only OVERT racism that wouldn't fly, the covert kind was still potent enough to make scum like Thurmond a force in the state.

Voteing is done in secret.

Even the covert Racists could no longer produce a majority.

I expect that the transition was a lot earlyer in fact because the purpose and effect of Jim Crow laws was was to produce an advantage to the racist vote , so the real majority may have abandoned the hard core racisim years earlyer.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »
<<Voteing is done in secret.>>

So  what?  The decision to vote is made on the basis of statements made in public and on the observation of public events.

<<Even the covert Racists could no longer produce a majority.>>

What are you talking about?  Of course they could.  From the Wikipedia bio on Strom Thurmond:

<<Thurmond later represented South Carolina in the United States Senate from 1954 to April 1956 and November 1956 to January 2003, at first as a Democrat and after 1964 as a Republican, switching parties as the conservative base shifted.>>

<<I expect that the transition was a lot earlyer in fact because the purpose and effect of Jim Crow laws was was to produce an advantage to the racist vote , so the real majority may have abandoned the hard core racisim years earlyer.>>

The transition?  What transition?  Did the bastids stop votin fer Strom jiss cuz a them race-mixin mongrelizin nigger-lovin' Democrats forcin  Commie racial equality legislation down the throats of good Amerricuns?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
Folks voted for Strom for one simple reason. He delivered the pork.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 05:58:51 PM »
<<Folks voted for Strom for one simple reason. He delivered the pork. >>

Bonus!  He's a racist AND he delivers the pork.  You think they woulda voted for a race-mixer who delivered the pork?

Clearly his racism was no deterrent to the good folks of South Carolina.   They loved their pork and didn't give a shit who delivered it to their tables, even a guy who had defended lynch mobs.  It was obviously no deal-breaker for them.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
You think they woulda voted for a race-mixer who delivered the pork?

You think his love child was a well kept secret?

About as secret as the weight of Lindsey Grahams loafers.

If the South is anything it is a region of contradictions.

That's why country songs sing about showing up in church Sunday morning with Saturday night on your breath.

You think perhaps bootleggers were Catholics?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »
<<You think his love child was a well kept secret?>>

Yes I do.  I was bowled over by the news, which IIRC came out in just the last few years.  All the news stories that I read said that both the mother and daughter kept their mouths shut until after the old man died.

<<About as secret as the weight of Lindsey Grahams loafers.>>

Ya got me there.  I don't know jack-shit about the weight of my own loafers, let alone Lindsey Graham's.  Not sure that I need to know either one.

<<If the South is anything it is a region of contradictions.>>

You mean Whitey fucking the help?  I'm not sure how much contradiction there is.   I know that "miscegenation" was a statutory crime, but in the popular racist ideology of the day, there might have been some kind of tolerance for a droit du seigneur, even though none of those racist morons would have been familiar with the actual phrase itself.

<<That's why country songs sing about showing up in church Sunday morning with Saturday night on your breath.>>

That's my kinda music, though I'm not familiar with the particular song.  But I think that Christian hypocrisy, or for that matter, religious hypocrisy in general, is not exactly confined to the Deep South.  Seems to be universal.

<<You think perhaps bootleggers were Catholics?>>

Probably only the better ones.  I bet all the moonshiners were good ole boys, though.  All Prods.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:27:23 PM by Michael Tee »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
Hey, lack of racism is proof positive of racism in Tee leaf land

Oh, did anyone else catch the near riotous acts taking place in AZ??  Rock throwing, windows being broken.  I even heard about refried beans being spread over Capital windows in the shape of swastikas.  But hey, why focus on violence occuring at the behest of rhetoric by this administration.  Let's focus on non-violent rhetoric that advocates no violence, with no evidence of any violent offshoots anywhere, as the real threat to this country & its government

ABC: 'Mostly Peaceful' Immigration Protests vs. 'Very Ugly' Tea Party Rallies
By: Scott Whitlock
April 26, 2010

On Saturday's Good Morning America, reporter Mike Von Fremd downplayed the violence of protesters against Arizona's new immigration law. He spun, "Riot police were called in to try and control demonstrators protesting outside the capital. Most were peaceful. A handful threw bottles at police and were arrested." Yet, ABC derided March's Tea Party rallies as "very ugly," despite the fact that there were no arrests.

In contrast, on March 20, World News host David Muir scolded, "Protesters against the [health care] plan gathered on the streets of the capital where late today we learned words shouted turned very ugly, reports of racial and homophobic slurs, one protester actually spitting on a Congressman." Continuing to fret over those opposed the bill, he complained, "Late word from Washington tonight about just how ugly the crowds gathered outside the Longworth office building have become."

If Tea Party protesters had thrown bottles at members of Congress or police officers -- or anyone else, for that matter -- it seems unlikely that ABC would have described them as "mostly peaceful."

Over on NBC's Today show on Saturday, Telemundo's Jose Diaz Balart reported from the scene: "Tensions were high outside the Capitol. Four protesters were arrested." On CBS's Early Show, co-host Chris Wragge made only a quick reference to the protests: "On Friday, there were protests against the bill outside the state capitol in Phoenix."

Naaaaa, no bias here.  Move along
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 08:40:06 PM »
After Washington-Williams came forward, the Thurmond family publicly acknowledged her parentage. Many close friends and staff members had long suspected this to have been the case, stating that Thurmond had always taken a great amount of interest in Washington-Williams and that she was granted a degree of access to Thurmond more appropriate to a family member than to a member of the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strom_Thurmond#Another_daughter

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
<<You think his love child was a well kept secret?

<<About as secret as the weight of Lindsey Grahams loafers.>>

Not getting the reference to the loafers, but assuming it's a synonym for "common knowledge," I have to say that a secret that is known only to close friends and staff members is hardly common knowledge.  I, for example, being neither a close friend nor a staff member of the late racist, like 99.9% of the population of the State of South Carolina, had absolutely no idea of their beloved Strom's Rassenschade
and I have to assume were as surprised by it as I was.  Whether they were as indulgent of it as I am is not known.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »
"Light in the loafers" is a euphemism for being gay.

And pretty much everyone in the south knew about Strom's love child.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)