Author Topic: Ha ha ha LMFAO  (Read 7070 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ha ha ha LMFAO
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »
Why?  Thinking of all the keyboard pounding I wasted arguing with BT and others over the Southern Strategy of the GOP and its anti-black racism.  What was the reaction I got?  Simple.  Deny, deny, deny.  How could anyone deny the obvious staring them right in the face?  Easy.  They just did.

Well, it doesn't have to be argued any more.  Guess who says exactly what I've been saying about the racist GOP and the Southern Strategy? 

MICHAEL STEELE, that's who!!!  The chairman of the RNC.  Geeze, what a surprise.  Sometimes life is even funnier than comedy.  Who woulda thunk?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/22/michael-steele-for-decade_n_547702.html

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ha ha ha LMFAO
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »

How could anyone deny the obvious staring them right in the face?

I'd ask you that, if you weren't ignoring me so you could deny the obvious without having to say anything.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
Now that was a Ha ha ha    ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
What Steele copped to was the existence of a Southern Strategy. You are the one who characterized it as racist.

During his remarks he also acknowledged that for decades the GOP pursued "'Southern Strategy' that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South."

The question that needs to be asked is why go after the white male vote?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »
I fail to understand how you arrived at your conclusions, based on the link you provided. But if it brought you to laughter then good for you. Laughing is better than to being grumpy and angry all the time. I wish your friends Obama, Reid and Pelosi were less angry, hateful, vengeful, controlling, conspiring, deceitful and more jovial.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 10:41:48 PM »
<<What Steele copped to was the existence of a Southern Strategy. You are the one who characterized it as racist.

<<During his remarks he also acknowledged that for decades the GOP pursued "'Southern Strategy' that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South.">>

It's a strategy designed to go after the white male vote, and you want to know why that's racist? 

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »
It's a strategy designed to go after the white male vote, and you want to know why that's racist? 

Yes.

Would going after the female vote be considered sexist?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 10:55:29 PM »
<<Would going after the female vote be considered sexist?>>

If the female vote you were chasing was anti-male sexist, yes it would.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 11:07:05 PM »
And if there was no proof that the white femal vote was not anti-male then it wouldn't?

Do you consider Jimmy Carter to be racist?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 12:14:20 AM »
<<And if there was no proof that the white femal vote was not anti-male then it wouldn't?>>

It would then depend on what was being offered to the white female voter that would not attract any of the other demographics.  It's very hard, almost impossible, to see how this could NOT be racist.

<<Do you consider Jimmy Carter to be racist?>>

I dunno, he seems like a pretty good guy.  Decent and fair-minded.  Can't see the guy being in a Georgia lynch mob.  I just don't know all that much about Jimmy Carter, so I'd be betting blind, but it's a better blind bet to bet on him not being a racist.   Carter just never seemed all that interesting to read about.  I've read up on LBJ, JFK and FDR.  Those guys were very interesting, FDR in particular.  I even wanted to read up on Nixon but never found the time.  But Jimmy Carter?  I don't know, something there just . . .  I won't say he's boring exactly, because he DID get to be President of the U.S.A., just that there are some characters who sound a lot more interesting that I still need to read about.  I don't think he's a racist, but really WTF do I know?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
How about Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Phil Bredesen all white males in the South. Racist?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 12:32:56 AM »
<<How about Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Phil Bredesen all white males in the South. Racist?>>

I never heard of Phil Bredesen. 

If you'd asked me about Gore and Clinton a year ago, I'd probably have said, no.  But after Clinton's remark that a few years ago, Obama would have been getting coffee for them - - that's out-rucking-fageous.  That really shocked me.  I was very very disappointed in Clinton.  I never liked that bitch Hillary, but one thing I'll bet on and that's that she never would have said anything like that, ever.  Never woulda thought it.  But she's not from the South, she's from Scranton, PA, I believe.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 01:05:58 AM »
I never liked that bitch Hillary, but one thing I'll bet on and that's that she never would have said anything like that, ever.

Hillary has a thing about Jews. Per Dick Morris.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 06:59:19 AM »
<<Hillary has a thing about Jews. Per Dick Morris. >>

Morris is an ass-hole.  Lied to his own wife for years.  Not necessarily a liar, but it's possible he's got his own scores to settle with Hillary and this is all part of it.  I don't give a shit about mildly anti-Semitic attitudes.   Either they can't help absorbing it from the culture and/or some Jews contribute to the "thing" by their own actions.   For a lot of people it's unavoidable - -  it doesn't mean they're bad people, just a little bit limited in their perspectives.  Hillary's a competitor in a very rough field where a lot of the other players are Jewish and it obviously gets abrasive at times.  Maybe a more saintly person than she wouldn't develop a "thing about Jews," but it's certainly understandable to personalize the conflicts and maybe generalize from some bad individual experiences.  I mean holy shit Louis Farrakhan has "a thing about Jews," and so does the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whom I admire anyway.  At least Hillary keeps a lid on hers.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
At least Hillary keeps a lid on hers.

Does that mean anti-Semiticism is OK as long as it is not always acted upon?

Would not the same apply to racism?

or is anti-Semiticism the lesser sin?