Author Topic: A Joke And What It Reveals  (Read 13812 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Joke And What It Reveals
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 07:46:28 PM »
then use it as a tool for extracting money.

Wow , I wish that were true.

Iraq is just about to make a lot of money , but I don't get the feeling that they are going to feel like shareing it with us.

===================
US? they aren't going to share it with YOU or ME. They will be forced to transfer it via bank draft from their account to Mellon Bank, Chase, JP Morgan. Not right away, but once the hooks are set, they will pay forever. It will be money that has been looted from you at the gas pump.

Don't expect to see any evidence of this happening publicly. It's more like when your Visa account sticks you with a $29 fee for paying a $10 payment one day late.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »
LOL....gotta love it.  U.S. will be bilking Iraq for all kinds of $$$, but don't expect to see any evidence or proof of it.  How convenient, for the accuser     :D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
<<You cannot part with a compliment for Reagan or Thatcher even in these circumstances?>>

Sure, Maggie did the right thing and smacked down the fascist junta, causing their ultimate downfall. 

Reagan, as usual, was totally despicable.  He held a lot of financial leverage over the junta but didn't want to alienate anyone who ran such a fine bunch of torture chambers and murder factories and kept their population so admirably terrorized.

You don't like Reagan because he prefereerd Jaw jaw to war war?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
Reagan, Thatcher, Galtieri were all despicable. Galtieri was more so, I will admit, because he did torture his people and start a useless war.

But any life lost taking the Falklands for either side was lost in vain.

I have no more respect for Thatcher than for Reagan or Galtieri. All ordered people to die for no useful purpose.

If the Falklands belonged to the penguins, really, would anyone be much worse off?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 07:51:54 PM »
<<Americans conquer a land , improve the condition of the people , give them gifts of huge size , empower the people and leave. I don't feel like apologiseing for stepping on the necks of tyrants even if we are big enough to make the tyrant seem like David.>>

Please, plane, you GOTTA tell us what you bin smoking.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 07:52:06 PM »
It's more like when your Visa account sticks you with a $29 fee for paying a $10 payment one day late.

So, they're going to use the orbital mind-control lasers to force you to violate your credit card agreements? Pure genius!
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »
<<You don't like Reagan because he prefereerd Jaw jaw to war war?>>

Don't you get it?  He didn't need to jaw-jaw with anyone, all he had to tell the Argentinians was that there would be economic war if they didn't get out of the Falklands.  He held their purse strings.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »
<<Why was the Soviet Union building a lot in the Late Seventys and early eightys?>>

Self-defence?
At sea?

Helping Central American rebels against attack by U.S.-sponsored death squads?  Helping the Sandinistas against the U.S.-sponsored contras?  Supporting People's Revolution in Latin America?

None of that ever happened , although I did follow a three ship flotilla all the way around the Carribbian once , got to examine the Kresta and Krivack class ship .

Their decks were tightly crouded with missle launchers , launchers that mostly could not be reloaded at sea. Their evident strategyu was a high volume of fire to win a short engaguement.

My ship was not carrying missles , our evident strategy was to not seem too threatening as we followed them around.;

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2008, 07:58:50 PM »
What Reagan did during the Falklands was pressure the junta and pretend to support it at the same time he was giving US satellite and other intel to the Brits. I have heard he also gave bad intel to the Argentines, and I am sure that this is in a book somewhere, but I have not researched it. He didn't jaw jaw, and he didn't need to war war. He made nice with the junta and stabbed them in the back. Not that they deserved to be actually treated as humans, by the way.

Galtieri, Thatcher, Reagan. Despicable all, and in that order.

Reagan was less so, because he didn't send anyone to get shot at over penguin habitat.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »

Don't you get it?  He didn't need to jaw-jaw with anyone, all he had to tell the Argentinians was that there would be economic war if they didn't get out of the Falklands.  He held their purse strings.

That doesn't seem to be true does it?

He spent the time that the British fleet took crossing the Atlantic trying to talk the Argentines out of a fight he saw no purpose for , he tried to avoid takeing sides untill the shooting started .

The Argentines had a creditable force , it might possibly have sunk the British fleet , I know Reagan did not want that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »
What Reagan did during the Falklands was pressure the junta and pretend to support it at the same time he was giving US satellite and other intel to the Brits. I have heard he also gave bad intel to the Argentines, and I am sure that this is in a book somewhere, but I have not researched it. He didn't jaw jaw, and he didn't need to war war. He made nice with the junta and stabbed them in the back. Not that they deserved to be actually treated as humans, by the way.

Galtieri, Thatcher, Reagan. Despicable all, and in that order.

Reagan was less so, because he didn't send anyone to get shot at over penguin habitat.

I did not know he did that much to undercut the Junta, do you suppose their loss was really what he wanted?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »

The British depend on us too , could he have used such a threat to turn Thatcher?

I don't think this idea is realistic .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
The British depend on us too , could he have used such a threat to turn Thatcher?

I don't think this idea is realistic .

=======================================
What made the Argentines leave the Falklands was abject, total defeat. Reagan may or may not have pressured them, but the Argentines fought until they had no more to fight with. Their troops were captured, their ships were sunk or disabled. They were routed totally.

They fought hard and as well as they could, but they were crushed.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »
<<LOL....gotta love it.  U.S. will be bilking Iraq for all kinds of $$$, but don't expect to see any evidence or proof of it.  How convenient, for the accuser >>

sirs, when you see ad campaigns claiming that [shoplifting/pirating/insurance fraud/drug abuse/whatever] is costing the American economy x billion dollars a year, do you demand to see evidence or proof of it?

Do you think that fraudsters or con artists obligingly leave detailed paper trails for guys like you to follow so that you may be all the more easily convinced of their skullduggery?  Or do you think it's possible, just barely possible, that a con artist will try his damndest to cover his tracks?

This is kind of like your continued scoffing at claims of the stolen 2000 election, "without a shred of evidence," when the entire case is made in detail in the Vanity Fair article that I referred to and that Lanya found and posted here; when your similar "without a shred of evidence" rebuttals are offered to the "Bush Lied, They Died" claims, notwithstanding the multiple accounts of Bush insiders, published documents, etc. that litter these threads.

Actually a lot of the rip-offs are explained and detailed in the Iraq Oil Report - -
http://www.iraqoilreport.com/ - -
and other sources, but it makes no difference.  Your M.O. remains the same - - claim (with some faked horse-laughs) that there is not even a shred of evidence, and ignore all the evidence that is produced.

What else is new?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »
<<LOL....gotta love it.  U.S. will be bilking Iraq for all kinds of $$$, but don't expect to see any evidence or proof of it.  How convenient, for the accuser >>

sirs, when you see ad campaigns claiming that [shoplifting/pirating/insurance fraud/drug abuse/whatever] is costing the American economy x billion dollars a year, do you demand to see evidence or proof of it?

YES......and there IS evidence.... of all of the above.  The ones that get caught are the ones prosecuted.  The ones who haven't been caught, you KEEP looking for evidence of their illegal act, and then prosecute.  You don't just perseverate that Bush stole the election, Bush lied us into war, we're bilking the Iraqis for billions, as if that's all that's necessary.  Evidence, that you so sorely lack in so many of yours & Xo's accusations, is required  It's not rocket science, but given the source of the accusations, not surprising in the least

This is kind of like your continued scoffing at claims of the stolen 2000 election, "without a shred of evidence," when the entire case is made in detail in the Vanity Fair article that I referred to and that Lanya found and posted here

1 article that's refuted by all the evidence, investigations, and articles, to the contrary, of course.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle