Author Topic: Wow, Clinton tells Brass "How dare you"  (Read 2762 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wow, Clinton tells Brass "How dare you"
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »
Come on Xo, don't hold back.  Tell us what you really think      ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 01:00:24 AM »
We do not have free speech in this country unless we permit all voices to be heard via the media.

Clinton's "how dare you" is great for YouTube entertainment purposes, but Clinton did not permit this guy to say anything. He was thrown out.

Clinton earned that microphone , the croud and the media were gathered to hear Clinton , the heckler was being a paracite on Clintons right of free speech.

That Heckler had the rigt to speak to all the people who would listem to him , if that is a small number then e isin the boat most of us are in, but if his wisdom was so profound , or he was so funny , or dramatic  that crouds would gather to hear him then he would have earned a microphone of hs own, a listening croud of his own , and if someone came to steal the time from him that he was supposed tobe talking wouldn't they be cheating him?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 04:30:19 AM »
Earned?

You actually don't understand what "free speech is" do you?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 07:55:59 AM »
Earned?

You actually don't understand what "free speech is" do you?

I do.

I am free to speak , I am not free to steal your speech.

How would you feel if I were to replace anything you posted with mocking words of my own right here?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »
No.

Th analogy would be to have goons drag you out of here so that my speech would be the only speech that could be heard.

That is what happened to the guy who interrupted Clinton.

Clinton did not address the issue at all.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
<<I am free to speak , I am not free to steal your speech.>>

That's absolutely outrageous.  I SAW the clip on CNN.  How in hell was this guy "stealing" Clinton's speech?  Have you never heard of hecklers?  They've always come with the territory in a free and democratic society.  Clinton could have and should have answered him.  Instead he was bum's-rushed out of the room.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »
We do not have free speech in this country unless we permit all voices to be heard via the media.

Clinton's "how dare you" is great for YouTube entertainment purposes, but Clinton did not permit this guy to say anything. He was thrown out.

The inside job would have involved Juniorbush and Cheney either engineering the 9-11 attack or simply permitting it to happen, so as to get the country to get behind his aggression against Iraq, not Clinton, so it hardly makes sense for Clinton to say this.

I would not put anything past Cheney, and Juniorbush is a mere flunky, a Mortimer Snerd who sitsw on Cheney's lap, wired for sound and stuffed into the presidency with a Supreme Court coup.

We have more free speech all the time , this podium you and I share here is availible to the worlds perusal , but only the interested will come to read what we have written.

There is no right to make anyone listen to your free speech , you may speak to woo a listener or a million and by doing so you earn your soapbox a following.

But if someone sees the throng gathered about your soapbox and knocks you off the box to mount it himself he is a theif of your right.

He ought to set up his own soap box and start saying something interesting , earning his own stage.

That croud that gathered to hear Clinton would have been cheated to hear nothing but heckling.

The guy had no right to interrupt the meeting and foul the former presidents right to speak.

He did and does have the right to speak , but no right to shut up a speaker or interfere with a listener.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »
We have more free speech all the time , this podium you and I share here is availible to the worlds perusal , but only the interested will come to read what we have written.  There is no right to make anyone listen to your free speech , you may speak to woo a listener or a million and by doing so you earn your soapbox a following.

And here, Plane again exposes the twisted definition the left has about free speech, that everyone is obligated to listen to the idiot.  I saw the same clip as well.  No one prevented this clown from asking his "question".  He was allowed his free speech to make an ass of himself.  That does not equate to everyone else there mandated to continue to listen to his garbage.  Now, you can say "What about Clinton?  People had to listen to him."   No they didn't.  They could leave any time they wanted, but has Plane already explained, he had earned the podium he was using.  There is an absolute right to free speech.  There is NO right to mandatory listening, nor by disrupting the event so much to prevent the free speech of the speaker at the podium

Good catch, Plane

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:53:54 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »
There are several takes on this situation.  Clinton should be confronted on and given opportunity to respond to accusations about 9.11 and the like.

The 9.11 Truther guy deserves answers for all the lies and obfuscation that are around about 9.11 even from someone like Bill Clinton who, though he wasn't president on 9.11, is involved in modern American history as a former president who may or may not have pursued bin Laden (the alleged perpetrator) and the husband of one of the current frontrunners for the nomination for the Dem party's bid for the presidency.

The issue is not free-speech.  The nebulous issue is the conspiracy of 9.11 Whether you or I think there was one is moot.  In reality, everyone thinks there was a conspiracy that led to 9.11, we simply disagree to what degree there was a conspiracy and who was involved centrally or passively.

The satellite issue is freedom of information and who controls information; meaning, the 9.11 Truther guy wants answers from Those In Charge.  As a citizen of the United States of America, he has a right to redress.  That right has been denied time and time again under the guise of "national security" or it has been ignored by governmental surrogates who, in my opinion, work to either outright perpetrate a cover up or actually believe in their story because they must to maintain their own sanity and beliefs about the nation.

For myself, I can only draw direct correlations between the only other situation of this type that I have spent time studying: The Assassinaton of President John F Kennedy which I believe was, however convoluted and secretive, an American coup d'?tat by believers in America Imperialism or perhaps simply Imperialism by one certain group perhaps as generic as white people or "the rich". 

In the way that JFK's death led to an escalation of the Viet Nam war, 9.11 has led to a similar escalation.  There were whitewash accounts of both produced by the parties involved that laid everything out so nice and neatly for their own benefit and completely ignored some very strong evidence that was contrary to what they wanted the outcomes to be in each.

Back to the nebulous and satellite issues though, the 9.11 Truther has a right to redress and there are proper bureaucratic channels for that redress.  The problem is that redress is often ignored because the 9.11 Truth movement is supposed to be relegated to a fringe status that no one listens to or takes seriously therefore his rights are being trampled and so, the 9.11 Truth movement is forced to either accept the cover story of 9.11 via the bureaucratic replies or rebuffs and the deafening and deadening of the mainstream media's drumbeat support of that cover story OR the 9.11 Truth movement must resort to civil disobedience to drive the bureaucracy  to address our redresses due to a growing number of people who want these nagging questions answered.

Naturally, the questions will never end nor should they.  If a question such as "How do three steel structures collapse on the same day when none have ever fallen due to fire before," and the answer is not satisfactory or creates even more questions, then that will only create MORE suspicion and a greater demand for answers.  And the bureaucracy has no one to blame but themselves.  Up till now, they have been doing what they always do: blame the questioners for stirring up trouble and distrust.  Sliming the questioners.  Branding the questioners as "cranks" or "disrupters".  Or possibly by simply killing them.

If the case is so cut and dried, then present the evidence and show the 9.11 Truthers up.  End their movement by simply explaining what happened with evidence and not conjecture or spin or attacking the questioners.

But that prove difficult for them because they did everything in their power to make sure that could never be done with any certainty by destroying any and all evidence other than the footage captured that day.  So, their tactic is now, as always, attrition.  They have all the information that proves the 9.11 Truthers' stories or reveals the possible truth of the bureaucracy's involvement (direct or passive) and all they have to do to maintain their power is take the heat, wait the Truthers out.

The only tactic the Truthers have, at this point, is to become such an irritant to the power structure and attact so much attention to themselves and their questions, that fear of the public hanging those involved from the nearest light post forces them to either go away or offer up scapegoats.

Either way, democracy has lost some of its validity in the US.  Only a full scale storming of the Bastille, so to speak, by the American Public could cleanse out country.  Unfortunately, that can only be accomplished using blood as a cleaning agent and no one seems to want to do it that way.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »
""How do three steel structures collapse on the same day when none have ever fallen due to fire before," ..."

You could have asked me that one , fire is the number one reason that steel buildings collapse , it has happened before.

Very few skyscrapers contain as much fuel as a jumbo jet but on that day two did.

The third was not only burnt and weakend , it was also damaged by the seismic energy of the neighboring buildings collapse.

I suppose it is just too simple to be beleiveable.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »
If a question such as "How do three steel structures collapse on the same day when none have ever fallen due to fire before," and the answer is not satisfactory or creates even more questions, then that will only create MORE suspicion and a greater demand for answers.  And the bureaucracy has no one to blame but themselves.  Up till now, they have been doing what they always do: blame the questioners for stirring up trouble and distrust.  Sliming the questioners.  Branding the questioners as "cranks" or "disrupters".  Or possibly by simply killing them.

Well, that question was answered pretty conclusively. Steel structures have collapsed due to fire before - this was not a first time event for that situation. Doesn't involve "sliming the questioners" or "branding [them] as cranks or disruptors [sic]" at all, unless you consider pointing out facts as "sliming".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 12:38:58 PM »
If the case is so cut and dried, then present the evidence and show the 9.11 Truthers up.  End their movement by simply explaining what happened with evidence and not conjecture or spin or attacking the questioners.

Been done. Just because some people refuse to listen doesn't mean that the evidence hasn't been presented.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)