Author Topic: CR4ZY over license plates  (Read 3701 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CR4ZY over license plates
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 11:00:24 PM »
I have never had my car vandalized, but I fail to see any reason to provoke some idiot from doing something.

A student once icepicked two of the tires on my car after he failed the course. He attended about half the time and failed every exam. I don;t know why he would have expected to pass with a 27% class average.

I don;pt think most people are so wicked as to vandalize my car over a stupid license plate or bumpersticker, but it only takes one idiot to ruin a day and cost hundreds of dollars.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 11:11:51 PM »
I have never had my car vandalized, but I fail to see any reason to provoke some idiot from doing something.

A student once icepicked two of the tires on my car after he failed the course. He attended about half the time and failed every exam. I don;t know why he would have expected to pass with a 27% class average.

I don;pt think most people are so wicked as to vandalize my car over a stupid license plate or bumpersticker, but it only takes one idiot to ruin a day and cost hundreds of dollars.

That's very strange for an adult....college age? individual to vandalize a car over a grade. The dude obviously had no interest in his own life, as well.

Cindy

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »
I agree it is strange, but this is once in 32 years. The same student failed every course for two semesters and then was dropped.

There are a few students who find it fun to borrow money and spend a year surrounded by attractive members of the opposite sex. Learning is not on their agenda at all.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »
Xo, I have a "Kirk & Spock for a Safer Federation" bumper sticker on my car. Is that objectionable?
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »
Xo, I have a "Kirk & Spock for a Safer Federation" bumper sticker on my car. Is that objectionable?

==========================================
Certainly not to me. I would not commit abuse on anyone's vehicle.

But there are some pro Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt fanatics out there that might like to encase you in carbomite.

I am wondering whether there is supposed to be some planet in which the dominant species are Hutts.
If Jabba is a typical Hutt, I can't see a race of Hutts like that ever evolving into a dominant species.
Apparently we are to believe that he kept Princess Leia chained up at his side in skimpy clothing for some demented purpose, but it seems to me that a Hutt-human sexual encounter would be more problematic and far less fun than one between a Chihuahua and a Neopolitan mastiff.

Once you have to break out the syringe, the amusement value would seem to be lost.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 11:08:54 PM »

Apparently we are to believe that he kept Princess Leia chained up at his side in skimpy clothing for some demented purpose, ....

A snack?

He may not like haveing to spit out a lot of fabric.

Cynthia

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 01:26:50 AM »
I agree it is strange, but this is once in 32 years. The same student failed every course for two semesters and then was dropped.

There are a few students who find it fun to borrow money and spend a year surrounded by attractive members of the opposite sex. Learning is not on their agenda at all.

So, the student really wasn't your typical "student".....the kind who works hard/fails and then slashes tires. hmmmm, this dude is like the type of soldier who goes into the army and kills because in civilian life he would be a criminal...well, maybe not that extreme. ha!

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 02:56:29 PM »

Apparently we are to believe that he kept Princess Leia chained up at his side in skimpy clothing for some demented purpose, ....

A snack?

He may not like haveing to spit out a lot of fabric.

If I remember correctly, and I do remember scenes like this, Leia wasn't wearing a heckuva lot to spit out.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 03:54:52 PM »
I don't think Jabba wanted to snack on Princess Leia, and I think any sort of copulation would be physically impossible.\

I never figured out why encasing Han Solo in Carbomite was a better choice than just killing him, either.

These things seem to be akin to the James Bond's villains being compelled to find slow, elaborate ways to murder Bond as they describe their heinous plans. This always ends quite poorly for said villians. One would think they would learn.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »
These things seem to be akin to the James Bond's villains being compelled to find slow, elaborate ways to murder Bond as they describe their heinous plans. This always ends quite poorly for said villians. One would think they would learn.

# 7 on the "Evil Overlord's Top 100 List":

When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 05:18:48 PM »
That is as excellent an Evil Overloard's list as I have ever seen. All in all, over 300 very useful suggestions for the aspiring E.O.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »
188."I will funnel some of my ill-gotten gains into urban renewal projects. Although slums add a quaint and picturesque quality to any city, they too often contain unexpected allies for heroes."

Observeing the entire list would render the overloard less evil and more like merely socailist.