Author Topic: sympathy for the Clinton  (Read 7126 times)

modestyblase

Re: sympathy for the Clinton
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2008, 08:13:01 PM »
Please quote me where Hillary pinned her hopes on RFK's assassination.  She simply pointed out that Kennedy died in June - late in the campaign season - and had not yet pinned down the nomination.  The fortieth anniversary of the event is coming up this year and Teddy just got diagnosed with another sort of bullet to the head.  So Hillary's statement that she had Kennedy on the brain (no pun intended) is credible.   In the end, Hillary was just saying "It's really not that late."   The only thing "moronic" about that is the denial.

Exactly. I turned on, then turned off, the news last night because this is the most ridiculous mix of out of context, hypersensitive nonsense I have seen since the whole Obama-middle finger thing(which, I said was absurd as well).

Cynthia

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 09:38:09 PM »
[quote aulthor=Stray Pooch link=topic=6248.msg62359#msg62359 date=1211651610]
Please quote me where Hillary pinned her hopes on RFK's assassination.  She simply pointed out that Kennedy died in June - late in the campaign season - and had not yet pinned down the nomination.  The fortieth anniversary of the event is coming up this year and Teddy just got diagnosed with another sort of bullet to the head.  So Hillary's statement that she had Kennedy on the brain (no pun intended) is credible.   In the end, Hillary was just saying "It's really not that late."   The only thing "moronic" about that is the denial.

Exactly. I turned on, then turned off, the news last night because this is the most ridiculous mix of out of context, hypersensitive nonsense I have seen since the whole Obama-middle finger thing(which, I said was absurd as well).
[/quote]

It was still in bad taste. Not for a woman who is supposed to be so PC.

modestyblase

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 07:01:18 PM »
It wasn't in bad taste.

People tell on themselves in funny ways. I can assure you my critical thoughts in this regard are not directed at Clinton, but one has to wonder about all of those who saw something so awful in absolutely nothing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »
It wasn't in bad taste.

People tell on themselves in funny ways. I can assure you my critical thoughts in this regard are not directed at Clinton, but one has to wonder about all of those who saw something so awful in absolutely nothing.

Don Imus says "Welcome to my world"

Cynthia

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 12:00:27 AM »
It wasn't in bad taste.

No, it wasn't in bad taste. I was an ignorant, self serving bite!  Clinton's mouth was too swift to halt the insertion of her proverbial foot.

modestyblase

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 07:44:53 PM »
It wasn't in bad taste.

No, it wasn't in bad taste. I was an ignorant, self serving bite!  Clinton's mouth was too swift to halt the insertion of her proverbial foot.

It appears that brains, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.