Author Topic: sympathy for the Clinton  (Read 7194 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: sympathy for the Clinton
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
If you were pointing out their racism , can you not point out a group that demonstrates racism in precicely the same way , but three times as strongly?

But if circumstances are different then yes, I can.

What is the diffrence in circumstance makes you like blatant racism?

There was a time when a white canadate running against a black one could probly depend on 97% or better of the white voteing block, in the time since why have white persons improved 60% more than black ones ?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
So, since you're comparing Stephen Hawking to George W Bush then are we to assume that W has some kind of physical defect that keeps him from speaking correctly or well?

Quite possibly.

But Stephen Hawking had difficulty with public speaking before he was diagnosed with ALS.

So, by your definition, Stephen Hawking is a moron.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 07:48:32 PM »
So, since you're comparing Stephen Hawking to George W Bush then are we to assume that W has some kind of physical defect that keeps him from speaking correctly or well?

Quite possibly.

But Stephen Hawking had difficulty with public speaking before he was diagnosed with ALS.

Bush is clearly just a moron.  I can by the way he talks. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 07:52:51 PM »
 ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 07:56:48 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »
Interesting.......I guess according to Brass' defintions, that makes Brass ....... a moron?    :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »
npr had someone yesterday talked about the fact that some of the critique against her are sexist but notice no racial remarks are done toward obama.
her reaction would be considered a sign of weakness.
but if obama were to react to a racist remark he wouldn`t  be thought to be weak.
I think it`s possible the lack of racial tension may backfire on him
remember he`s trying to get votes from a race of people not allowed to a say a certain word which he can say in any context.
this can effect one subconscious

Cynthia

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 09:15:09 PM »
A moron? Ok, here's your MOrOn!  A woman running for president....or a man, for that matter, comparing any possibility of "hope" to win a Presidential election----- pinning such hope on said election to the untimely demise of Bobby Kennedy. Timing is everything, so is nailing the coffin shut, I suppose.

TOxic indeed.  ::)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 11:22:39 PM »

ROFL

"I can by the way he talks."

Is that anything like the way YOU talk?

Can I TELL by the way you talk?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 01:10:24 AM »

Quite possibly.

A great Orator , a great communicator Bush is not , but Reagan was in spades.

Because Reagan was glib, could you tell his geinus by that?

(I am planning to apply your answer to Senator Obama so be carefull.)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
Can I TELL by the way you talk?

You've never heard me talk.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 02:53:30 PM »
A moron? Ok, here's your MOrOn!  A woman running for president....or a man, for that matter, comparing any possibility of "hope" to win a Presidential election----- pinning such hope on said election to the untimely demise of Bobby Kennedy. Timing is everything, so is nailing the coffin shut, I suppose.

Please quote me where Hillary pinned her hopes on RFK's assassination.  She simply pointed out that Kennedy died in June - late in the campaign season - and had not yet pinned down the nomination.  The fortieth anniversary of the event is coming up this year and Teddy just got diagnosed with another sort of bullet to the head.  So Hillary's statement that she had Kennedy on the brain (no pun intended) is credible.   In the end, Hillary was just saying "It's really not that late."   The only thing "moronic" about that is the denial.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
You've never heard me talk.

I thought we did when you came up to DC.

I guess I should have said "by the way you type."

If you're going to make proclamations about someone's grammar, then make sure your own is up to snuff first. Same thing I tell XO when he makes fun of other's spelling errors.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Please quote me where Hillary pinned her hopes on RFK's assassination.  She simply pointed out that Kennedy died in June - late in the campaign season - and had not yet pinned down the nomination.  The fortieth anniversary of the event is coming up this year and Teddy just got diagnosed with another sort of bullet to the head.  So Hillary's statement that she had Kennedy on the brain (no pun intended) is credible.   In the end, Hillary was just saying "It's really not that late."   The only thing "moronic" about that is the denial.

Sirs,

You may have hit in on the head (no pun intended) with your own statements.  She pointed out that Kennedy died in June and that implies that "something" could happen in the next little while to swing the race her way.  A choice could be made to give her the benefit of the doubt and decide that she didn't mean that the something could be that Obama is killed in a hotel hallway but Hillary Clinton is Hillary Clinton and when she says something like that, lightbulbs (true and false) go off in peoples' heads.

The other thing is that it actually is really that late.  When was the last time you remember anyone campaigning really HARD in Puerta Rico?  When was the last time a party was really concerned with how Montana goes?  Montana?  When was the last really brokered convention?  For the Dems, it has been 56 years, for the Reps, 60 years.

Acoording to Wikipedia...

Before the era of presidential primaries, conventions were routinely brokered. Adlai Stevenson in 1952 for the Democratic Party and Thomas Dewey in 1948 for the Republican Party were the last two candidates selected through a brokered convention, although the Democratic Party's 1968 convention might have been brokered had it not been for the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy. The last brokered convention to yield a nominee that went on to win the general election was the Democratic convention in 1932 that nominated Franklin Roosevelt.

Since then, there have been many years when brokered conventions were projected but did not come to pass. In 1988, a brokered convention was predicted for the Democrats since several candidates won the Super Tuesday primaries that year.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokered_convention

Cynthia

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2008, 05:51:20 PM »

The fact that she brought up the fact that other campaigns of the past resemble her own at this time......is moronic...Oh and funny how far back she had to go to drive home that"point" in order to excuse her own dying campaign. Not smart.   To imply that there's still time for her to become the  jewel in the sand "come back kid" and do so by referencing *a Kennedy* ?  .;....at THIS TIME? is not just bad timing it's an insult the memory of Robert Kennedy, himself, imo.

Timing mistakes;

#1 Obama has been compared to a Kennedy = Could Americans be thinking that he just might become the next prince? Royalty? THey say he has the intelligence and altruistic spirit of a Kennedy. (that has been reported & not necessarily my opinion.)
 #2 Ted Kennedy has cancer! Not the time to bring up any Kennedy
 #3  You said it right..It's the 40th anniv. of the death of RFK only.

Wow, can't get much closer to being a moron than that.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 05:54:27 PM by Cynthia »