Author Topic: You want different?  (Read 3368 times)

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
You want different?
« on: June 26, 2010, 03:08:44 AM »
I am the only person that I know of, outside my own family, who combines Ramen Noodles with Chili.

I cook the ramen on the stovetop as you normally would, except for I don't add the packaged seasoning until after I've drained most of the water.  I stir it up, drain the last bit of water and the noodles are good to go. 

But then I add a generous portion of hot chili from a can, usually the whole can.  This works especially good with Beef, Chicken and Oriental flavored ramen. 

Try it once.  It sounds terrible, but it tastes fantastic.
"What's that word for skiving off work and giving it to somebody less important?"
"Delegate."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: You want different?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
I add beanless chili with spaghetti sauce the spices in the chili goes really well with pasta, so ramen should  make sense.

if anyone want to make a quick spaghetti use udon noodles its va very good pasta and since it`s already soft it take no time to cook

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:39:57 PM »
I cook the ramen on the stovetop as you normally would, except for I don't add the packaged seasoning until after I've drained most of the water.  I stir it up, drain the last bit of water and the noodles are good to go. 

If you add the seasoning to the water before boiling and use less water, the seasoning will be absorbed into the noodles better.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:38:20 AM »
don`t if it`s sold in your area,but sapporo ichiban ramen is the tastiest . I find top ramen kinda stale tasting

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 07:50:01 AM »

If you add the seasoning to the water before boiling and use less water, the seasoning will be absorbed into the noodles better.

That's what I keep hearing, but once you've added the chili, having the spice still semi-powdered means it actually gets into the chili too, which tastes really good.
"What's that word for skiving off work and giving it to somebody less important?"
"Delegate."