Author Topic: Islamic websites question Petraeus' mental and physical health  (Read 1361 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/foreign-policy/3873-the-islamic-view-of-mcchrystals-firing

One of the websites claims that Petraeus fainted before Congress due to the hopelessness of the American situation, and that he's a "weak sister" who won't be any more able than McChrystal to pull the chestnuts out of the fire.  They seem to feel the war is already won, only the Americans don't want to admit it.  Figures.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Islamic websites question Petraeus' mental and physical health
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
LOL......Islamic websites question the U.S. military commander's mental and physical health??  Naaaaaaaaa.  That'd be like White Supremicist web sites questioning the mental & physical well being of Blacks, and we all know that'd never happen

oy
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/foreign-policy/3873-the-islamic-view-of-mcchrystals-firing

One of the websites claims that Petraeus fainted before Congress due to the hopelessness of the American situation, and that he's a "weak sister" who won't be any more able than McChrystal to pull the chestnuts out of the fire.  They seem to feel the war is already won, only the Americans don't want to admit it.  Figures.

when all else fails nuke em.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »
Thanks Kramer....now Tee can come out of his hole to respond
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:32:10 PM »
Interesting that Mikey is reading Bircher sites.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »
<<Interesting that Mikey is reading Bircher sites.>>

Mikey actually had no idea.  Completely missed the sidebar with the Robert Welch ad.  Who woulda thunk?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »
One thing that Americans excel at is propaganda. We pretty much invented modern advertising, and therefore propaganda.

The Soviets were not so good at it.

The Zionists are slightly better. They seem capable of deluding the less mentally agile, at least.

But no one is worse than the Islamicists. Their propaganda is not even very good at keeping other Islamicists in line.

Petraeus' fainting spell was a minor occurrence at most. And it has nothing to do with his ability when conscious.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »
<<Petraeus' fainting spell was a minor occurrence at most. And it has nothing to do with his ability when conscious. >>

It's a morale-builder for the recruits.  People love to hear stories showing that their enemies are doomed, on the verge of collapse, etc.  Makes 'em feel good.  Primes 'em for the jihad.

I won't comment generally on the effectiveness of Islamic propaganda, but in this particular case, they had something handed to them on a platter, and I thought they made pretty good use of it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »
Did the Natzis ever make use of FDR's health problems?

I know that FDR was carefull to controll his image and photos of him sitting in a wheelchair are scarce , this might be why.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »
<<Did the Natzis ever make use of FDR's health problems?>>

Did they know?  They would have had a credibility problem anyway because before the U.S. got into the war, the Nazis bent over backwards to avoid offending them.  If they suddenly "discovered" after hostilities broke out with America that FDR was mostly wheelchair-bound, it would be hard to explain how or why this fact had never been previously disclosed.  Might also revive the rumors that, as the song says, "Hitler . . . has only got one ball."  Or that Goebbels was hobbling around on a club-foot.  Not what you'd come to expect from Aryan Supermen.

<<I know that FDR was carefull to controll his image and photos of him sitting in a wheelchair are scarce , this might be why. >>

FDR was anxious to portray an image of strength and vigor to the domestic audience.  And I understand that the press was fully cooperative and knew not to publish wheelchair photos of the Prez.  It was not entirely an issue of FDR "controlling" them.  They did not WANT to embarrass him, at least not in that way.  I think there was a stronger code of ethics then for journalism, at least with regard to protecting the personal lives of public figures regardless of politics.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 11:06:56 AM »
I agree with that.

I agree that the Islamicists mentioning Petraeus fainting was perhaps a boon to them, but it really is meaningless.
I don't think that FDR's being a cripple made much difference with regard to what he accomplished, in any event. It is pretty certain that no candidate could pull this off today. JFK also had serious health problems and they were unmentioned until after his death.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 12:03:05 PM »
<<I agree that the Islamicists mentioning Petraeus fainting was perhaps a boon to them, but it really is meaningless.>>

I think the Muslims generally seem to be very preoccupied with machismo, even more than North Americans, and the idea of a soldier who has fainting spells must seem ludicrous to them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
Muslims don't really make really good soldiers, except perhaps the Turks.
The same seems true of Hispanics. Costa Ricans and Uruguayans are most realistic about this.

Machismo and militarism are not things that actually go together all that well.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 08:28:31 PM »
They would have had a credibility problem anyway because before the U.S. got into the war, the Nazis bent over backwards to avoid offending them.

Sinking ships don't count?