Author Topic: Toronto  (Read 1167 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Toronto
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:27:13 PM »
By the way , I hear that something has been happening in Toronto.

Anyone elese hear of anything?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Toronto
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 02:07:04 PM »
Two nights of rioting by anti-globalists, 600 arrests, no serious injuries.  Three police cars set on fire.

I think this is the last time that any G-8 or G-20 summit is going to be held in a big city.  Stupid fucking bullshit cost city and feds over a billion dollars and shut down the entire downtown core.  Anybody who worked in the downtown just didn't go in on the Thursday or Friday.  Now we're gonna lose more time off work because a holiday weekend coming up.

One of the papers interviewed a 20-year-old waiter who thought the whole conference could have been held on an aircraft carrier and avoided all of the inconvenience to everyone here.  It's sad when a 20-year-old waiter shows he has more brains than the fucking Prime Minister, Provincial Premier and Mayor combined.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 02:10:53 PM »
Two nights of rioting by anti-globalists, 600 arrests, no serious injuries.  Three police cars set on fire.

I think this is the last time that any G-8 or G-20 summit is going to be held in a big city.  Stupid fucking bullshit cost city and feds over a billion dollars and shut down the entire downtown core.  Anybody who worked in the downtown just didn't go in on the Thursday or Friday.  Now we're gonna lose more time off work because a holiday weekend coming up.

One of the papers interviewed a 20-year-old waiter who thought the whole conference could have been held on an aircraft carrier and avoided all of the inconvenience to everyone here.  It's sad when a 20-year-old waiter shows he has more brains than the fucking Prime Minister, Provincial Premier and Mayor combined.

you can't play 18 holes on a aircraft carrier and last time I checked 5 Star accommodations don't exist either. stupid 20 years olds voted for Obama and look what that got us!

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »
I think that`s the price of our modern times.

big cities can`t have large gatherings anymore.

large gatherings in general may not be workable today.

definately free concerts are out of the question
ex. hanson- 6-15-10

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »
There might finally be something useful that could give meaning to central Nevada.

Or maybe they could hold the G-20 on the Playa in the Blackrock Desert, where they hold Burning Man every year.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »
There might finally be something useful that could give meaning to central Nevada.

Or maybe they could hold the G-20 on the Playa in the Blackrock Desert, where they hold Burning Man every year.

brainless they want first class

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 12:03:22 AM »

I reallly really like this idea , how close on the calender can it be to the Burning Man?

Are these summits actually usefull ?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 02:12:50 AM »
<<Are these summits actually usefull ?>>

My understanding is that most, if not all, of the "decisions" are actually worked out in advance.  In any event, what prevents them from videoconferencing?  Why does an entire city have to be locked down for days at a time to accommodate this ludicrous political theatre?  The anarchists and the "world leaders" both have a blast on our dime.