Author Topic: Jimmy Carter Wants Al Gore To Run  (Read 3497 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jimmy Carter Wants Al Gore To Run
« on: November 29, 2006, 02:35:49 PM »
I know this will go over with most everyone on the right as something like "Crazy Man writes post touting a crazy man wanting a crazy man to run for president" but I spent some time on it and thought i'd spread it around anyway.

Full post at http://www.brassmask.com/news.php

Jimmy Carter Wants Al Gore To Run

on Wednesday 29 November 2006 - 12:27:58 | by Brassmask

It is surely going to get very old for me to continue to beat the drum incessantly for Al Gore in 2008. In the words of one Desi Franklin, "Get over it".

We watched An Inconvenient Truth over the Thanksgiving holiday and it, of course, rocked. It was nothing I had not seen as I saw part of a bootleg taping of Gore making that presentation a couple of years ago. What I had not seen was the padding of the film. The interludes of him musing on such things as the loss in 2000, his sister's death from cancer and his near-loss of his son some years ago.

The last was, of course, especially powerful for me since I often find myself thinking of my own son when I see situations like that. The fear and dread is palpable for me when I hear of something horrible that has happened to someone else's child.

In the film, Gore talks about these subjects and more in between segments of the powerful Powerpoint presentation that he presents on global warming. These musings are, of course, real not constructed and show that Gore is indeed a real person. Thus disproving one of the lies told by the media in the runup to the 2000 election that said that Gore was wooden.

What I really took away from the film, other than the obvious information about global warming, was that Al Gore is running for president. He can deny it all day and all night but that film is about Gore as much as global warming.

And that's a good thing.

Read the real meat of it at Brassmask.com

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Jimmy Carter Wants Al Gore To Run
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »
Works for me     ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:42:53 PM »
Works for me     ;)

I suspect you didn't read the whole post, but if you did, thanks.  (I also suspect that you would like to see Gore run because you think it would be disasterous for the Dems.  But I'm not wanting to pick a fight.   ;)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 03:46:11 PM »
I suspect you didn't read the whole post, but if you did, thanks.  (I also suspect that you would like to see Gore run because you think it would be disasterous for the Dems.  But I'm not wanting to pick a fight.   ;)

Remember when I told you when you were right?  Well, you were half right, as I did read it.   
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 04:23:27 PM »

Remember when I told you when you were right?  Well, you were half right, as I did read it.   

So, you're saying the other half is wrong, then?  YOu don't want to see Gore run because you think it would be disasterous for the Dems but because you think it would be right for the country?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 04:29:51 PM »

So, you're saying the other half is wrong, then?  YOu don't want to see Gore run because you think it would be disasterous for the Dems but because you think it would be right for the country?

No, the half you got wrong was your suspicion that I hadn't read the article.  The other part you got right, minus your late addition, as that wasn't part of the original response

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 04:33:06 PM »

No, the half you got wrong was your suspicion that I hadn't read the article.  The other part you got right, minus your late addition, as that wasn't part of the original response

I'm reminded of a quote from a movie I watched last night.  "Now we're through the lookin' glass here, people.  Black is white...and white is black".  All this double-talk of your'n is makin' my head swim! 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »
I'm reminded of a quote from a movie I watched last night.  "Now we're through the lookin' glass here, people.  Black is white...and white is black".  All this double-talk of your'n is makin' my head swim!  

I can't help it if you're not paying attention.  Pretty much everyone else is.  The 1st part of your "suspicion" was wrong.  The 2nd part was right.  I mentioned I'd tell you when you were found to be right.  Consider yourself informed

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 04:42:55 PM »
As Democratic canadates go, Gore is not particularly objectionable .

I would rather put up with President Gore than have to put up with several other potential Democratic presidents that seem availiblePresident Hillary Clinton .....Burrrrrrrrr.

Since I presume that Zell Miller is not running I have to get accustomed to the idea that the Dem Canadate may not be one of my favoriate people .

So if Gore wants to win this time ,should he use the same or diffrent tactics?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

I can't help it if you're not paying attention.  Pretty much everyone else is.  The 1st part of your "suspicion" was wrong.  The 2nd part was right.  I mentioned I'd tell you when you were found to be right.  Consider yourself informed

I'm just f'ing with you.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 04:50:50 PM »
As Democratic canadates go, Gore is not particularly objectionable .

I would rather put up with President Gore than have to put up with several other potential Democratic presidents that seem availiblePresident Hillary Clinton .....Burrrrrrrrr.

Since I presume that Zell Miller is not running I have to get accustomed to the idea that the Dem Canadate may not be one of my favoriate people .

So if Gore wants to win this time ,should he use the same or diffrent tactics?

If Gore runs again, watch for different tactics.  Much different. I would even hesitate to use the word "tactics".

Regardless of whether he runs, watch for me to oppose even the possibility of a President Hillary Clinton.  She is the past.  I want change in the Democratic Party away from the elitist, top-down types like the DLC people love.

I also think it is not time for Obama to run.  He needs to show me something first.  Accomplish something.  And I still don't like the idea of a Senator as President.  I'd much rather see a governor as President.  That Senator aspect is one thing I wish that Gore didn't have in his history.  I think that led to his "tactics" in 2000 and his eventual "loss".

But he hasn't been a Senator for, what?, 14 years or something?  I can't remember if he was still in office or not when he became VP.  So maybe that has worn off.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »
I'm just f'ing with you.

Well cut it out      :P