Author Topic: Whiner  (Read 15913 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Whiner
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »
One piece of bacon and a little balsamic vinegar helps a lot towards making kale edible. Not delicious, but edible.
---------------------------------------------

Try "Glory" canned greens.  Oh my gosh, I've never tasted the like. So good!  It's like...cooked in spicy broth, vinegary and garlicky and delicious. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
Kingston doesn't need to make the argument for it to be valid. And when i have a constituency issue i speak directly to my rep, being an elected official helps. His staff is for followup grunt work.

Well, let's see what else Kingston gets as a benefit for being a Congressman, shall we?

$165,200 salary
Free parking (which is extremely expensive in Washington DC)
Special license plates
Private gymnasiums
Low-cost barbers
Franking
Unlimited use of the Library of Congress

How much of that does an entry level federal employee receive?

I'm still not feeling sorry for this guy. Besides, you know as well as I that with modern communication technology, a Congressman doesn't have to be in his home constituency to respond to issues at all times. Plus, there are large breaks in Congressional sessions.

Imagine Andrew Jackson traveling all the way from the Hermitage to Washington D.C. in the 1830's. Do you think he went home every Thursday? What about Congressmen from Florida or Maine at that time? I'm supposed to feel sorry for this guy?

No offense Bt, but this guy is a crybaby. He ought to be thankful there are airplanes, Internet connections, and six-figure salaries. Maybe some American history wouldn't hurt him either.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »
My email to that tool.

"Keeping us up here eats away at families," said Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), who typically flies home on Thursdays and returns to Washington on Tuesdays. "Marriages suffer. The Democrats could care less about families — that's what this says."

How about the families of American Soldiers abroad in Iraq DYING who don't get to go home OR see their families EVERY WEEK that you told with your vote against a timetable (6/16/06 Vote 288: H RES 861) that you "could  care less" about them?

Get to work.  If there is nothing to vote on at the moment, pick up a broom.  You were elected and get a check from your constituents to be there voting.  Not to be at home with your family.  See them on the weekend like the rest of us who work 40 hours a week or more and don't make a third of what you make, sir.

I signed it with my name and city.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »
No offense Bt, but this guy is a crybaby.

Don't see what his salary or perks has to do with it. Is this a class warfare thing?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 03:59:26 PM »
Anybody defending this guy is merely a contrarian or GOP stooge.

Nonsense. If the best you can do is demagogue your philosophical opponents perhaps your argument just isn't that strong.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 04:13:57 PM »
No offense Bt, but this guy is a crybaby.

Don't see what his salary or perks has to do with it. Is this a class warfare thing?

Yeah, it is a class warfare thing.  So what?

The guy is a Tool.  He is getting paid a pile of money to go to Washington and serve the people of his state.  In that role, this shitheel is keeping military families in a constant state of dread, fear and despair with his votes to return them home in any number of months or years.  Then this shitheel has the absolutely mendacity to whine about spending five days a week working instead of TWO days a week working.

He started the class war.  I'm willing to step up and fight him.

Calling class warfare is like sending up a flare to me to come participate.  We need MORE class warfare because there's more of us than there are of them and they ain't so special and they ain't doing anything particular that I think they deserve so much money for.

If you don't like class warfare, you're going to be really angry in a couple of years when the Dems start balancing the budget on the backs of the Hiltons and Gates.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 04:16:22 PM »

My point is that he has more salary and perks than many of the Federal employees who have to live and work in Washington DC.

He's a crybaby because it used to be a hell of a lot more difficult to be a Congressman than it is now.

Class struggle is an historical constant. I'm willing to discuss it at anytime.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »
It is a class warfare thing in a way.
It's the "Entitled Class" against those who pay their wages and I'm one in the latter group... and I say, get to work, whiner.  Or go home.  Surely there's a Lowe's Garden Section calling Kingston's name somewhere in Georgia. 
 I have no sympathy for any of that crap. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 04:48:32 PM »
I am pretty sure that he could afford to rent a home in DC. I bet he isn't actually sleeping in his office now. As for his district office, he only needs to have a small (as in rented apartment, possibly a mobile home) residence.

Actually, the Federal Government provides barracks-style living quarters to Reps who leave their families at home.

I couldn't his rent, so I moved 35 miles down the road into the top half of a farmhouse on a tobacco farm owned by Pauline Bolin,

I'm not so sure that there tobacco farms within 35 miles of Waldorf anymore. It's built up quite a bit since the 70s.

Heck, my house - which was over 50 miles from the Capital - doubled in value in 12 years, from 1992 to 2004. And it wasn't so cheap to start with, and I didn't have to maintain a second house somewhere else.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »
He started the class war.

How so?

If you don't like class warfare, you're going to be really angry in a couple of years when the Dems start balancing the budget on the backs of the Hiltons and Gates.

so much for libs being for equal protection under the law. Go after Gates. Maybe he'll just pay the minimum taxes allowed by law instead of donating the millions he does through his foundation. Bye Bye Aids initiative, bye bye education initiative. poor people don't need those programs anyway.

right?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »
Imagine Andrew Jackson traveling all the way from the Hermitage to Washington D.C. in the 1830's. Do you think he went home every Thursday? What about Congressmen from Florida or Maine at that time? I'm supposed to feel sorry for this guy?

The 1830 Congressional session lasted a little over 3 months. So, he had 9 months of vacation to spend with his family.

It wasn't until partway through the 20th century that being a rep in the House had become a full time job. Prior to that, people took a few months off work to go to DC, then came back home to their full-time job.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 04:57:09 PM »
My point is that he has more salary and perks than many of the Federal employees who have to live and work in Washington DC.

He's a crybaby because it used to be a hell of a lot more difficult to be a Congressman than it is now.

Class struggle is an historical constant. I'm willing to discuss it at anytime.

Still don't see the relevance. He could just as easily be a wal-mart employee who was hired in at a certain schedule and then have that deal revoked because some new manager wanted to make a splash.

The only time a rep needs to be in town is when they vote. Less voting means less laws, and that certainly works for me.

domer

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 05:10:40 PM »
Leaving aside the issue of availability for a continuing string of bill passages, which as an aside, is one way of keeping pace with a fast-developing nation and world, the presence of Congresspersons in Washington, especially in this age of fast-breakingt events, provides the collabortive style we not only seek but demand of our representatives, like representative bodies were originally conceived: a crucible of ideas and political interests, diluted if not destroyed by dispersion.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 05:13:29 PM »
Still don't see the relevance. He could just as easily be a wal-mart employee who was hired in at a certain schedule and then have that deal revoked because some new manager wanted to make a splash.

Who says I agree with that?

The only time a rep needs to be in town is when they vote. Less voting means less laws, and that certainly works for me.

Is that all they do in Washington?

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »
Who says I agree with that?

No one said you agree with that, certainly i didn't. But would the wal-mart employee be denigrated as a whiner, even though the circumstances would be the same?