Author Topic: Members of & motivated by "The Religion of Peace" try to assassinate the Pope!  (Read 8526 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
There are absolutely legitimate rational reasons, already explained in detail, by not just myself, not just the pundits I've posted, Krauthammer in particular, and most recently by Goldberg, but by Miss Henny as well.  And prescious little have anything to do with some irrational suppression of one's religion or hatred towards Islam

Sorry, you're literally in the minority on this one, Bt
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
There are absolutely legitimate rational reasons, already explained in detail, by not just myself, not just the pundits I've posted, Krauthammer in particular, and most recently by Goldberg, but by Miss Henny as well.  And prescious little have anything to do with some irrational suppression of one's religion or hatred towards Islam

Sorry, you're literally in the minority on this one, Bt

My mistake. I thought you had your own reasons for being against the mosque. I didn't realize you were simply echoing others heavy lifting.

Being in the minority is no big deal. i don't govern my life by polls.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
My mistake, I thought you were going to actually pay attention to what I've written, that clearly provides my own heft on the matter, that merely coincides with the majority.  Didn't realize you were going to play the deflection card.  Just add it to the misrepresentation card, I suppose
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:29:18 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
What deflection?

You mention pundit articles you posted as if it means anything.

That is their opinion and if they were on this board i'm sure they would be willing to defend them.

But let's get to the heart of the issue.

You say the mosque in that location is a bad idea because 3000 people died at the hands of Al Queda.

We have established that Bin Laden is not building the mosque in question.

We have established that the religion and adherents of Islam are not responsible for Bin Ladens actions, no matter the reasons Bin Laden gave.

So why is the location of this mosque a bad idea?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
SIRS...don't bite that BS....don't you even think about being apologetic.
There is nothing wrong with forming opinions after reading material on a topic.
BT acts like it is odd that you have an opinion but you realize others may be more articulate
about laying out the reasons this Ground Zero Mosque should not be built...so God forbid
you post someone like Charles Krauthammer. What the hell difference does it make if you
post Krauthammer's words or say the same thing in your own words.....that's exactly what
BT is doing if he will admit the truth. BT has read and studied the issue and come to a
different conclusion but for him to slight your position by pretending you cant think for
yourself is really a cheap shot....Just be glad you are with most Americans in opposing
this ridiculous Ground Zero Mosque.

The way to beat the enemy is pretty simple....
Its the same way to get around the bs complaints about the Arizona immigration law being racist
You just play their own game better than they do.
In NY you declare Ground Zero a National Park....NO CHURCHES OF ANY KIND
Problem solved the A-Holes dont get their Ground Zero Mosque!
The Arizona Law is racist?
Ummm  ok...
New Arizona Law just require EVERYONE top carry proof of citizenship...EVERYONE
Anyone pulled over must show proof of citizenship....new proof of citizenship card.
Then boom the A-Holes cant weasel out claiming racism.
How can it be racist if everyone is required?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
You don't commit the violent acts.  You walk your walk with your God, but because some infinitesimal small sub group of your fellow coreligionists behave badly your only option is to renounce your faith.  What a crock.

And what a complete pile of AMBE.    :o   You show me ANYWHERE, where I've claimed such.  Not by 6 degrees of seperation, but where sirs directly implies that Muslims need to renounce their faith and take up.........<insert other religion/pastime here>  

Miss Henny is one of the greatest posters on this site, and more knowledgable of Islam that you and I combined.  You ask her, if any of my commentary on this topic rises to this level of you claiming my advocation that Muslims renounce their religion.

It did kind of look that way to me - saying that religion is a choice. But you have explained yourself well since that post.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Your premice requires that believe such close proximity of an Islamic mosque to the location of thousands killed in the name of Islam is wrong.  And Miss Henny, no overt supporter of either Bush or Conservatism or our military interventions into the Middle East, & who knows more about Islam than we can possibly ever learn, must also be wrong

We're not, so the only one wrong here, would be yourself, thus your theory of 2 wrongs is moot

I might be wrong. But it is how I FEEL about the subject; there is no concrete answer here. In fact, it's all about how people FEEL - some people FEEL that it's right, some people FEEL that it's wrong.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Miss Henny can clearly speak for herself, and I recall her use of the word bigot, in that if a certain constituency of folks are going to call a person X, regardless of actual realities, then so be it.  it's kind of when the hard core left call Tea party folk racist, because they just have to be, since they don't agree with them

No really, I might have a bigoted slant now on Islamic issues. I am no longer able to discuss the issue without negative emotional overtones. But I do my best to still discuss Islamic issues from an educated viewpoint - but I end up with a different conclusion than I used to.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
does anyone one else find it ironic that as we sit here in 3DHS and discuss Islam
fundamentalist and the Middle East that I guess some GOOGLE filter picks up our
words and banner ads start appearing like the one below?....LOL.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It's not ironic, it is intentional. It seem the name of any Middle Eastern country or anything relating to the ME and there is a filter that picks it up and hits you with the ad.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
XO I wouldn't complain if I came home and found
an Arab princess taking a bubble bath in my tub!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Your premice requires that believe such close proximity of an Islamic mosque to the location of thousands killed in the name of Islam is wrong.  And Miss Henny, no overt supporter of either Bush or Conservatism or our military interventions into the Middle East, & who knows more about Islam than we can possibly ever learn, must also be wrong

We're not, so the only one wrong here, would be yourself, thus your theory of 2 wrongs is moot

I might be wrong. But it is how I FEEL about the subject; there is no concrete answer here. In fact, it's all about how people FEEL - some people FEEL that it's right, some people FEEL that it's wrong.

That is a good point, rationality is not referenced in how people feel , but the feeling itself is a legitamate thing to discuss isn't it?

That the first admendment protects the practice of religion isn't in question, shouldn't the criticism of this religion protected by that same admendment have the same lattitude that the religion itself enjoys?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Osama Bin Laden has stated that it is a duty of Islam to join his cause and to attack Americans .

How wrong is he?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Osama Bin Laden has stated that it is a duty of Islam to join his cause and to attack Americans .

How wrong is he?

From where does he get his authority to make such a claim?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

How wrong is he?

From where does he get his authority to make such a claim?

His own personal authority and the public respect he enjoys as a scolor and inspired leader. The weight of a Fatwah depends on the person who issues it and how seriously he is accepted as an authority by the Umma.