Author Topic: AZ Congresswomen Shot, betcha a Lib did it!  (Read 26208 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: AZ Congresswomen Shot, betcha a Lib did it!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »
I'm a little slow so please explain what Palin did?

Apparently nothing.

It had been reported she had taken down the map with targeted seats after one of the targets had been shot. That report turns out to be untrue.

I had claimed Palin had blown it by taking down the image, which if she had i would have stood by  my claim, but she didn't, so my claim is moot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
I'm a little slow so please explain what Palin did?

Apparently nothing.  Thank you Bt for the update on what you were talking about
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »
OK Got it.

I hope the Congresswomen makes it. There is some hope today that she may recover but I don't know if that means she will be able to continue to spoil Liberals fun as a Blue-dog Dem Congresswomen.

So it's looking like CongressPeople might end up with security guards as a result of this crazy Liberal madman shooting people he disagrees with.

Gee whiz and we all thought Liberals were against guns. Strange how Liberals are always against things like guns, free speech, etc, unless Conservatives and people they don't agree with want them.

Libs hate MacDonalds unless of course they want a Big Mac, then it's OK. But God forbid I want a Big Mac. XO, don't bother trying to understand my analogy because the required abstract thought process might cause you to blow a gasket in your brain.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:22:37 PM by Kramer »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »
The hypothetical question still remains however.

If Palin had taken down that facebook post, as had been reported, would that have been the right or wrong thing to do.

I would say it would have been the wrong thing to do.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
Agreed.  Those "targets" had nothing to do with the pathology behind this killer or in any way a facilitator for someone to go killing politicians, in order for a conservative to take their place.  Merely a rhetorical tool to focus resources on trying to unseat, via the ballot box, a politician they believe could be unseated

That said, watch the MSM go apesnot on if more gun control legislation and more governmental regulation of the airwaves were in place, this would have never happened.  Then watch the subsequent calls for such.  The sheriff giving the press conference yesterday all but advocated such
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 05:27:22 PM »
That said, watch the MSM go apesnot on if more gun control legislation and more governmental regulation of the airwaves were in place, this would have never happened.  Then watch the subsequent calls for such.  The sheriff giving the press conference yesterday all but advocated such

Which is exactly why the map should not be taken down. To do so, gives credence to those who say graphical expressions such as this are in fact causative of isolated violence.

As a side note, Palins staff did take down the site takebackthe20.com which also had the target map on it.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »
It's interesting, if not bizarre, how suddenly this is the fault of Conservatives.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:39:08 PM by Kramer »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »
I don't think it is the fault of conservatives, nor do i think it is the fault of liberals.

I think it is Loughners fault.

It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 08:29:05 PM »

Which is exactly why the map should not be taken down. To do so, gives credence to those who say graphical expressions such as this are in fact causative of isolated violence.

Which is why I was in agreement

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
I don't think it is the fault of conservatives, nor do i think it is the fault of liberals.

It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

What conservatives on their "side", right out of the gate, were claiming liberals were the cause of this?  Just curious, as I must have missed it

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 08:34:42 PM »

What conservatives on their "side", right out of the gate, were claiming liberals were the cause of this?  Just curious, as I must have missed it

::)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
"Don't retreat, reload!" + The Crosshairs Map = Go kill anyone who is in our way.

That "right wing wacko" who Giffords defeated had a fundraiser where donors were invited to shoot an automatic weapon.

The right's fascination with guns and "might makes right" set the stage for this massacre.

Guns should be banned. 

Palin is done politically unless we want a for real Hitler as an American president.

But you guys keep on thinking that it's all just happenstance.  K?  Thanks,loveyou,meanit,don'teverchange!

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
"Don't retreat, reload!" + The Crosshairs Map = Go kill anyone who is in our way.

That "right wing wacko" who Giffords defeated had a fundraiser where donors were invited to shoot an automatic weapon.

The right's fascination with guns and "might makes right" set the stage for this massacre.

Guns should be banned. 

Palin is done politically unless we want a for real Hitler as an American president.

But you guys keep on thinking that it's all just happenstance.  K?  Thanks,loveyou,meanit,don'teverchange!

I agree that guns should be banned from the hands of wackos. Further, you should not ever be able to own or handle knives, axes, box-cutters or a gun, period, end of story. Nor should any other of your wacko Liberal buddies be able to have any type of adult weapon. The nut job that killed all those people was a pot smoking Liberal, and no doubt he and you have similar if not identical beliefs, hobbies, friends and issues. Oh and one more thing is you and your buddies should not be allowed to have matches or any type of flammable liquids, period.

The signs were clear that the nut job was going to hurt people. Clearly a preemptive strike on this guy would have helped to stop this event from ever happening.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »
The dems also had a map with targets in 2004.

I am surprised that you would be advocating censorship in political discourse when the slippery slope would tend to also mean more intense censorship in films and literature. I was quite surprised to see that "Catcher in the Rye" was not on his book list. Perhaps it was removed from the library after a previous nutcase claimed the book as influential.

Palin had nothing to do with this. And apparently the left still likes to manipulate any crisis to their own ends.  

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
The dems also had a map with targets in 2004.

I am surprised that you would be advocating censorship in political discourse when the slippery slope would tend to also mean more intense censorship in films and literature. I was quite surprised to see that "Catcher in the Rye" was not on his book list. Perhaps it was removed from the library after a previous nutcase claimed the book as influential.

Palin had nothing to do with this. And apparently the left still likes to manipulate any crisis to their own ends.  

That map is interesting.  Was it a map put out by a Democratic presidential nominee who is also fond of gun rhetoric?

I doubt there will be any censorship to come out of this.  In fact, I would wager that there will be more assassinations of left-leaners or Dems.

While it is true that Giffords was something of a Blue Dog Dem, she was definitely liberal for an Arizonan.

Also, Loughner seems just a little too perfectly "wacko".