Author Topic: The Beat Goes On  (Read 8201 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Beat Goes On
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 12:08:53 AM »
<<Sad & Pathetic, isn't it. (the transparant double standard adopted by so many on the left, epitomized by the likes of Tee)>>

Not unless you're a right-wing ideologue with zero connection to the real world.

Nice, completely lame irrelevent ranting response

Fallen hypoocrites sure seem to get a double dose of jubilation that fallen ordinary folks just don't get.  Why not organize a protest movement?  UNFAIR TO HYPOCRITES.  HYPOCRITES HAVE FEELINGS TOO. 

Your continued fatal flaw Tee, is that to be a hypocrite, one must support or condone acts in one, while condemning another of a similar act.  Republicans who have advocated high moral standards, and have then demonstrated themselves to have not adhered to such are indeed hypocrites.  That doesn't make the GOP hypocrits, nor does it make those who support GOP ideals hypocrites either.  The only one pulling that garbage at the present time would be yourself, taking great glee if a Republican is found falling from grace, while not raising a hair of concern, much less glee, when far more Dems are called on for their illegal/unethical acts.  Because, hey, they didn't run on high standards, so it's no biggie when they screw up, right?

Or perhaps you can find a quote, or even an assemblence of an implication that I have been supportive of Republicans found to have committed crimes or found guilty of unethical conduct.  If you don't want to be referred to as either a liar or Xo-like egregiously in error (AGAIN), demonstrate for us this support I have of GOP illegal conduct.  Not YOUR opinion of illegal conduct, as we know how misguided and without merit that is, but actual conduct determined to have been illegal or unethical, by a committee, or panel, or Jury, or Judge. 

Ball in your court, big guy
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 11:53:29 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 12:45:56 AM »
<<Close. They ran on that platform [Republican rot], successfully i might add,  and i am waiting anxiously to see whether their base holds them to it.>>

Well, they ran on Republican corruption AND the war, as I recall.  Most of the analyses I read said the election was a repudiation of Bush's conduct of the war on Iraq.

<<Think they will?>>

Hey, I wasn't born yesterday, BT.  There are bigger issues than corruption.  Nobody expects either party to be squeaky clean, and if either party delivers some real goodies, nobody will give a shit whose hand got caught in the cookie jar.  The people are smart enough to realize that there will always be another cookie jar and another hand.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »
<<Close. They ran on that platform [Republican rot], successfully i might add,  and i am waiting anxiously to see whether their base holds them to it.>>

Well, they ran on Republican corruption AND the war, as I recall.  Most of the analyses I read said the election was a repudiation of Bush's conduct of the war on Iraq.

<<Think they will?>>

Hey, I wasn't born yesterday, BT.  There are bigger issues than corruption.  Nobody expects either party to be squeaky clean, and if either party delivers some real goodies, nobody will give a shit whose hand got caught in the cookie jar.  The people are smart enough to realize that there will always be another cookie jar and another hand.

I'm not sure what the basis of your side of the discussion on this is MT, but if you are saying that Murtha shouldn't be part of the "throw the bums out" action in DC then you're just wrong.  Believe me, I've hated these lying sacks of crap on the right who have been steadily stealing and cutting deals and making money hand over fist by abusing the power the voters supposedly gave them but I hate with equal fervor and fire those on my side of the aisle who have done the same and if the Dems don't turn their white hot lasers on those within their own party who have doing the same as those they heehawed about before the elections, then they are only going to suffer the same fate as those who lost.

In Memphis, we've been assaulted repeatedly by those in our local government being caught by the Feds taking money for votes.  I won't stand for it.  I won't take it locally, and I won't take it nationally.  If Murtha's dirty, and it appears he is, then he is dogshit to be scraped from the collective shoes of voters.  Hell, make an example of him.  Scare the crap out of everybody up there.  My new congressman is on the same page as me about this kind of stuff and I hope he will be able to cut some of these lying, cheating bastards' throats.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 05:10:55 PM »
Your entire post was right off the mark, completely irrelevant to the thread, and addresses issues that I never raised.

<<Your continued fatal flaw Tee, is that to be a hypocrite, one must support or condone acts in one, while condemning another of a similar act.  Republicans who have advocated high moral standards, and have then demonstrated themselves to have not adhered to such are indeed hypocrites.  That doesn't make the GOP hypocrits, nor does it make those who support GOP ideals hypocrites either.  >>

No, it doesn't, does it?  Too bad that I never said that it did.  In case you missed my point, it was that whenever a Republican falls from grace, it's particularly delightful because he, as a member of the GOP, was necessarily in and of the party that wants to teach sexual morality to the rest of us.  He's in a party that built its base on an appeal to Puritan values and it's just a joy to watch those sanctimonious bastards fall back down into the mud.  How would I know which of the un-fallen Republicans are the real thing and which are the hypocrites?  I'd have to be nuts to say they're ALL hypocrites - - some of them are probably dumb enough to believe that bullshit.

Let me put it in another way, maybe you'll understand this:  If they're all preaching morality, you don't know and I don't know which one is the hypocrite and which one is the true believer.  When one of them gets caught, you know one of the hypocrites.  Since the Democrats don't stand for sanctity and Godliness, when one of them gets caught, it's just another crook.  Unless it's that sanctimonious little prick Lieberman.  When he finally gets nailed, I'll be just as happy as if it were a member of God's Own Party.

<<The only one pulling that garbage at the present time would be yourself, taking great glee if a Republican is found falling from grace, while not raising a hair of concern, much less glee, when far more Dems are called on for their illegal/unethical acts. >>

Yeah?  Far more?  I guess you've got statistics to back that up, eh?  Probably from the same Republican "research" firm that weeds out imaginary "felons" from the Florida voter rolls on the scientific basis of their skin colour.

<<Because, hey, they didn't run on high standards, so it's no biggie when they screw up, right?>>

Yeah, well that DOES fit the general definition of hypocrisy, doesn't it?

<<Or perhaps you can find a quote, or even an assemblence of an implication that I have been supportive of Republicans found to have committed crimes or found guilty of unethical conduct.  If you don't want to be referred to as either a liar or Xo-like egregiously in error (AGAIN), demonstrate for us this support I have of GOP illegal conduct. >>

Uh, since I never said that you DID support Republican crooks, I don't feel obliged to respond to the challenge.  Another straw man, another irrelevancy.  It's not ALWAYS about you, sirs.  How the fuck would I know if you were a hypocrite or a true believer, and why would I care?

<<Ball in your court, big guy>>

Uh, usually sirs, the player that gets to say "ball in your court" has himself hit the ball over the net.  Wake me up when you get there.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 05:20:17 PM »
<<I'm not sure what the basis of your side of the discussion on this is MT, but if you are saying that Murtha shouldn't be part of the "throw the bums out" action in DC then you're just wrong>>

Go back further in the thread where I said they all belong in jail.  Whether Murtha's guilty or not, I don't know enough about the particular case to say and I don't care that much.  I'm much more concerned about politicians who cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people than about mere thieves.  I'm into issues like war and peace, freedom of religion, separation of church and state, torture, etc.  Thieving politicians of either party are, unfortunately, pretty much of a given.

AND, if Murtha were guilty, it wouldn't be as elating as if Bush were guilty of the same thing, simply because Murtha didn't boast about his superior moral value system the way Bush and the Republican Party do.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 05:33:38 PM »
yada...rant..<<no examples of any one supporting hypocritical acts by the GOP, no examples of some mass GOP hypocrisy to support the claims of GOP hypocrisy>>..blather....rant 

Your efforts are appreciated Tee
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 06:35:04 PM »
AND, if Murtha were guilty, it wouldn't be as elating as if Bush were guilty of the same thing, simply because Murtha didn't boast about his superior moral value system the way Bush and the Republican Party do.

I see where you're coming from.  I agree with your take on it.  It will be more satisfying when Bush is called on his murderous bullshit than Murtha biting it for being a piece of crap liar.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 06:54:25 PM »
Seems to me either you refuse to condone corruption or you don't.

I don't see where it matters about scale or pervasiveness or party affilliation or the pious presentations of the corrupted.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 12:21:26 AM »
Congressman Cunningham is being jailed.

This breaks my heart because the man was a good servant to the people most of his life .

Something about Washington is dangerous to ethics.

Lets not send a crop of Democrats in there with a smug attitude about their moral superiority , they are not made invunerable by smugness.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 01:01:17 AM »
That's where We, the People come in.
I will be very quick to tell my congressman if he's reminding me of Bob Ney (R-Correctional Facility).
    He gotta dance with them what brung him.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 01:51:14 AM »
<<Your efforts are appreciated Tee>>

Sorry if I can't say the same for yours, sirs.  However, if you'd care to put my quote in context and tell me WTF it's supposed to relate to, I'd be happy to comment on it one way or the other.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 05:40:05 AM »
if you'd care to put my quote in context and tell me WTF it's supposed to relate to, I'd be happy to comment on it one way or the other.

It relates specifically to your delusional implications of some mass Republican Hypocrisy and the notion that Republicans are apparently hypocrites simply for being Republicans.  How else do you deliniate your quote "Fallen hypoocrites sure seem to get a double dose of jubilation that fallen ordinary folks just don't get.  Why not organize a protest movement?  UNFAIR TO HYPOCRITES.  HYPOCRITES HAVE FEELINGS TOO."  Who the hell is being unfair to who??

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 11:30:02 AM »
(R-Correctional Facility)

Freaking hilarious, lanya.  Good one!

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 11:34:30 AM »
It relates specifically to your delusional implications of some mass Republican Hypocrisy and the notion that Republicans are apparently hypocrites simply for being Republicans. 

The kernel of this argument is the failure on BOTH sides to even vaguely acknowledge the failures on each's own side whilst decrying the other's side as the height of hypocrisy.

This is a circular discussion.  The way to end it is to say that both sides are corrupt in some fashion or other.  The Dems' corruption was exceptionally high at some point before but of late, the GOP has cornered the market on corruption.  Anyone who denies this is simply a liar.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »
The way to end it is to say that both sides are corrupt in some fashion or other.

Which I've said for years.

The Dems' corruption was exceptionally high at some point before but of late, the GOP has cornered the market on corruption.  Anyone who denies this is simply a liar.

Your definition of "cornered the market" must be vastly different than mine. Either that, or I will have to call you a liar.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)