Author Topic: I Made The Papers Again  (Read 1235 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I Made The Papers Again
« on: December 28, 2006, 02:52:03 PM »
http://memphisflyer.com/memphis/Content?oid=oid%3A23072

This is our local indie but the political writer is basically THE political writer in Memphis.  It's not much of a mention but it meant a hell of a lot to me.

Excerpt...

Best New Political Force: The Blogosphere. Although operators of politically oriented Web logs came and went, there was a solid corps who were online all year, virtually 24/7, and managed to make a difference in what happened in politics and to politicians.

It is as difficult to list all the deserving here as it is for an Oscar winner on Academy Award night. But some are more equal than others: Former radio talk-show maverick Thaddeus Matthews became indispensable with his nonstop solid-gold news tips buried in a morass of conjecture, invective, and on-the-lip-of-libel accusations.

I've touted more than once the left-of-center sites that provided a beacon light generally and, in particular, helped Cohen's campaign along with independent opposition research, among other contributions. Their number grows constantly, but some of them are: River City Mud Bugle; LeftWing Cracker; The Flypaper Theory; Confessions of a West Tennessee Liberal; Freedonian; Polar Donkey; Memphis Blue; Daily Docket; Brassmask; Queer Notes, etc.

Conservative cheerleader Mike Hollihan's HalfBakered site flagged somewhat, but Mick Wright's Fishkite still operated; and John Farmer's Blue Dog Republican, and ... Oh heck, folks, it's a continuum.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I Made The Papers Again
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:21:41 PM »
All right!!!
Happy to see you getting mentioned in your hometown.  ;--)
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.