Author Topic: Rep. Foley resigns  (Read 2894 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rep. Foley resigns
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:04:21 PM »
 Congressman resigns after former page questions e-mails
POSTED: 4:22 p.m. EDT, September 29, 2006
From CNN's Dana Bash
CNN Washington Bureau
Adjust font size:
Decrease fontDecrease font
Enlarge fontEnlarge font

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Mark Foley, a Republican from Florida, resigned Friday from the House, a day after a former congressional page questioned e-mails Foley had sent to him.

Foley apparently sent the e-mails in August 2005, when the male page was 16 years old.

"Today I have delivered a letter to the speaker of the House informing him of my decision to resign from the U.S. House of Representatives, effective today. I thank the people of Florida's 16th Congressional District for giving me the opportunity to serve them for the last twelve years; it has been an honor," Foley said in a written statement.

"I am deeply sorry and I apologize for letting down my family and the people of Florida I have had the privilege to represent."

According to ABC News, the young man who received the e-mails called them "sick, sick, sick."

A spokesman for Foley told CNN the congressman acknowledged he had an e-mail exchange with the former page but flatly denied that it was anything inappropriate.

According to GOP sources, Foley is concerned there may be other potential politically damaging e-mails or information out there and has concluded it's best not to run again for office.

Foley, who is considered a moderate, has been in office for six-terms.

His Democratic opponent in the race, Tim Mahoney, called for an investigation into the matter Thursday. Mahoney's campaign denied having anything to do with the information getting out.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/29/congressman.e.mails/index.html

Foley was also the co-chairman of the Missing and Exploited Children Caucus.
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/fl16_foley/072106senatesopass.html
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Mucho

Re: Rep. Foley resigns
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 06:12:34 PM »
It is almost always the Repubs that are the real pervs. They are usually Christers as well.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20060928-1655-bn28king.html

It happens time and again. Their quilt is probly what made hem go after Bill's little BJ with such vengeance.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 06:22:18 PM »
<<Their quilt is probly what made hem go after Bill's little BJ with such vengeance.>?>

Yeah?  I thought it was jealousy.

Mucho

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 07:31:03 PM »
<<Their quilt is probly what made hem go after Bill's little BJ with such vengeance.>?>

Yeah?  I thought it was jealousy.

That too. And I didn't mean  quilt like guilty  conscience since they rarely have consciences, but knowing that they are worse in every way and overcompensating trying to make folks believe they are as pious as they pretend. The hypocrits

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 08:54:21 PM »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 09:39:34 PM »
Lets see....

I think this makes three new seats that the Democrats have in the bag.

It is quite possible that Responsibility for Congress will change partys.