Author Topic: The myth of the "pro-life" Democrat  (Read 65363 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The myth of the "pro-life" Democrat
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:35:41 PM »
Surprise: "Pro-Life" Democrats Vote to Maintain Planned Parenthood Funding
Guy Benson

Can we finally dispense with the myth of the pro-life Democrat?  In the Senate last night, three "pro-life" Democrats voted in lockstep with America's Official Abortion Party to maintain federal funding for Planned Parenthood in a stand alone vote.  There was nothing to camouflage or obfuscate the issue.  In case you've forgotten, Planned Parenthood is the nation's number one provider of abortions.  Ninety-seven percent of pregnant women who enter its doors are no longer pregnant when they exit, and almost 40 percent of the group's revenues stem from abortions.  It was founded in racism (remnants of which remain alive and well today), it is systemically corrupt, and its moral degradation reaches far beyond its abortion-related services. 

Planned Parenthood receives nine figures in government funding each year, and when presented with the chance to shut off the spigot, "pro-lifers" Sen. Joe Manchin, Sen. Ben Nelson, and Sen. Bob Casey all declined to do so.  If one cannot bring oneself to strip government funding from the nation's largest abortion mill, one should abandon the pretense of calling oneself "pro-life."  It's an insult to the movement, and an affront to the intelligence of pro-life voters.

The Democratic Party is a pro-abortion party.  Last night's vote confirms that sad truth.

UPDATE: Five Republican Senators joined every single Democrat in this disgraceful vote: The Maine Twins, Lisa Murkowski, Scott Brown, and Mark Kirk.  Some liberals will inevitably protest that Planned Parenthood is already banned from using federal dollars to directly fund abortions.  Look up this word.  And don't even start with the phony 'mammograms' talking point.

UPDATE II: To be fair, by my count, there is at least one black swan in all of Congress on this front: Rep. Dan Lipinski of Chicago.  He speaks softly and genuinely walks the pro-life walk.  Credit where it's due. 

UPDATE III:  The Senate also defeated an Obamacare de-funding measure last night, strictly along party lines.  Happy re-election campaign, vulnerable Democrats!  (I must say that Sen. Joe Manchin is really distinguishing himself as a dishonest operator).

Blog
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The myth of the "pro-life" Democrat
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:16:40 PM »
No one is pro-abortion.

People are for the right of a woman to determine what is going on in her own body.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 12:18:10 AM »
Sorry, as that's what its all about, pro-abortion vs anti-abortion 

Anti-abortionists are for the right of a woman to choose anything they wish as well.......except abortion (the killing of an innocent life, with NO CHOICE in the matter), which brings us full circle again to this being pro-abortion vs anti-abortion
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:18:27 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 02:43:39 PM »

Why do you assume that ever fetus is "innocent life"?

According to the Holy Mother Church, every human is guilty of Adam and Eve's accepting unwise culinary advice from a talking reptile. There are no innocent human beings, so there can be no innocent human life, either.

Again, it is NONE OF YOUR DAMN business if a woman decided not to have a child. None at all.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
Why do you ignore that the issue is about abortion??

according to biology, a NEW INNOCENT life begins at conception

according to nearly every U.S. law on the books, the murder of a Pregnant woman brings about 2, count them, 2 counts of murder.  Is that in reference to a woman who was simultaneously murdered in another dimension?  I think not

absolutely right.....none of my damn business what a woman does with her body.  She can choose anything she wants to do.  It does become a damn business when its the intentional killing of another

Which again brings us full circle that this is about abortion, not your PC attempts to minimize that act, by trying to claim its something, that its not

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
I don't see where it is the governments business what elective surgery a person undertakes.

And i certainly don't see where the government should pay for that elective surgery.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »
agreed....except.....that the 1 unanimous reason for the existence of Government is to protect/defend others who, for whatever reason, are unable to

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »
agreed....except.....that the 1 unanimous reason for the existence of Government is to protect/defend others who, for whatever reason, are unable to

Is that in the constitution?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
What is in the constitution?

Is there no provision for equal protection under the law?

Havent we already fought a war over the idea that some human beings should not be second class by category?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 11:07:05 PM »
plane:
What is in the constitution?

sirs:
that the 1 unanimous reason for the existence of Government is to protect/defend others who, for whatever reason, are unable to

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »
The unborn are not entitled to rights as are the born.

And what's with this "innocent" life crap? That is just Church balderdash.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html
Article. IV.

Section. 2.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

AMENDMENT XIV
.....No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Or from the Preamble ,   
establish Justice
It is really better stated in the Declaration of Independance
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--

I note the problamatic "Citizen Born" phrase in admendment 14, it seems to work against my case and perhaps points up the need for another admendment which will prevent the loss of rights as citizen on account of age as other admendments protected rights from infringement by catagoriseing race or sex.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »
The unborn are not entitled to rights as are the born.

And what's with this "innocent" life crap? That is just Church balderdash.

Just be logical about it .

Imagine that your state were to remove the right to vote or to sue or to own firearms from the old and drew the line right across your next birthday.

This is not actually against the constitution , in fact because abortion is leagal it is clear that age is a legitamate means of segregateing full citizens from less so citizens.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 11:45:10 PM »
No one is pro-abortion.

People are for the right of a woman to determine what is going on in her own body.

I am against murder, I am so against it that I am willing to put up with being forbidden to kill even persons who are entirely dependant on me, whether I like them or not.

I think I am so forbidden , why should anyone not be?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 12:30:41 AM »
The easiest way to make abortions go away is to tax the shit of of providers of abortions as well as the recipients of same.