Author Topic: Too Bad Sirs is Suspended, I would like his POV  (Read 2204 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Too Bad Sirs is Suspended, I would like his POV
« on: July 01, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/07/01/official-calls-for-riverside-12-other-counties-to-secede-from-california/

RIVERSIDE (CBS) — Is the state of California about to go “South”?

Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone apparently thinks so, after proposing that the county lead a campaign for as many as 13 Southern California counties to secede from the state.

Stone said in a statement late Thursday that Riverside, Imperial, San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino, Kings, Kern, Fresno, Tulare, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa and Mono counties should form the new state of South California.

The creation of the new state would allow officials to focus on securing borders, balancing budgets, improving schools and creating a vibrant economy, he said.

“Our taxes are too high, our schools don’t educate our children well enough, unions and other special interests have more clout in the Legislature than the general public,” Stone said in his statement.

He unveiled his proposal on the day Gov. Jerry Brown signed budget legislation that will divert about $14 million in 2011-12 vehicle license fee revenue from four new Riverside County cities.

Officials fear the cut will cripple the new cities of Eastvale, Jurupa Valley, Menifee and Wildomar.

Stone said he would present his proposal to the Board of Supervisors July 12.

The new state would have no term limits, only a part-time legislature and limits on property taxes.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Too Bad Sirs is Suspended, I would like his POV
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »
He isn't suspended.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
Riverside County Supervisor proposing that the county lead a campaign for as many as 13 Southern California counties to secede from the state.

KRAMER....
Love it!
An it's a new twist on secession.
I like real secession better, but this might work in the interim.
Don't leave the US...just breakoff from the Leftist controlling state gvts.
Form a bunch of new conservative states.....dilute Left power centers
really when you look at a map most of the leftists are packed in a few small areas.
this country is going to hell in a handbasket....people are tired of the insanity!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:05:52 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 05:42:03 PM »
it been done before and failed.
the most common request is to seperate from L.A.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
Your map is extremely deceptive. In most areas, the majority is not much more than 50% either way. Observe that Kramer, a rightwing something, lives in California, a decidedly blue state. Austin, the Texas State Capitol, is quite liberal.

There ate Conservatives and Liberals scattered all over the place. Only a very few places are decidedly one way or another, like Oregon or Wyoming.

If you want to live in a great country, or even one where people do not point and jeer when people chant "We're Number One! We're Number One!", then secession is hardly the way to go.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:33:14 AM »
The big division is urban /rural.

The further a population is removed from the natural world the more they tend to be liberal.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 10:35:32 AM »
Are modern pig farms closer to nature? How about stripmines and mountain top removal sites?

Not everyone who lives outside the city limits is Ansel Adams working as a park ranger.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
I think it's more a matter of population density. The more dense the population, the greater the opportunities for conflict. The more conflict, the greater the demand for an authority to arbitrate the disputes.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
I think it's more a matter of population density. The more dense the population, the greater the opportunities for conflict. The more conflict, the greater the demand for an authority to arbitrate the disputes.

That seems spot on to me.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »
and people still keep moving in.

I don`t hear too many leaving the city to start fresh in the farm.

I left because of the smells,chickens I have never ever gotten used to the smells. I worked in gas stations and thats like sweet perfume to me.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
If you live by yourself on the farm, you can climb on your roof and crow like a rooster buck naked if you wish, and no one will complain, because there is no one to be offended.

So, of course, population density is related to conflicts and the greater the density the more likely someone will complain about someone getting in someone else's way. Liberals are by an large more tolerant and better at interacting with others.

When I was a lad, my great grandfather lived in a farm in Stillwell, Kansas. The plumbing consisted of a pump handle in the kitchen. The bathroom was an outhouse, with a crescent on the door. In the winter, it was cold. In the summer, it was truly foul-smelling and there were nests of wasps as a permanent feature. The phone was operated by cranking it strenuously and asking "Central" to dial a number. We never stayed there for more than three days, but that was too long.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »
Are modern pig farms closer to nature? How about stripmines and mountain top removal sites?

Not everyone who lives outside the city limits is Ansel Adams working as a park ranger.

Modern pig farms are factorys useing assembly line methods and the cheapest labor availible, Modern pig farms and feedlots and huge agribusinesses serve the need of major population centers for cheap food.

Family farms and organic farming is not as efficient at producing the huge amount of cheap food that population centers need to keep on pointlessly expanding.

That is why death taxes are set up to destroy every medium or small farm by half each generation and why farm subsidies are much more usefull to huge farms and agribusinesses than they are to farming operations too small to employ a full time lawyer and accountant.  This is the capitalistic version of forced collectivisation.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
The reason the populations centers expand is hardly pointless. More people are born or enter the country by one means or another. They have to live somewhere.

My point is that a pig farm is not "close to nature", and probably further away from it than a house in the suburbs or near a park.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 08:11:01 PM »
Inheritance taxes are not a major reason for small farmers leaving the business, either. Any venture can incorporate and sell shares to the heirs in such as way as none receives enough to have to pay any inheritance tax.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 10:34:09 PM »
The reason the populations centers expand is hardly pointless. More people are born or enter the country by one means or another. They have to live somewhere.

My point is that a pig farm is not "close to nature", and probably further away from it than a house in the suburbs or near a park.

My point is that a hog farm is a product of the city and a servant of the city, it is for and about the city ,consequently isn't much to do with rural life. It is a big business and might be the sept of an even larger business with ownership in the citys of the world.

People who love the land aren't liable to aspire to large scale pig farming or feedlots, not as an owner anyway , the owner is probly an insurance company.