Author Topic: Report Racists  (Read 1503 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Report Racists
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »
http://www.attackwatch.com/

Just in case you feel the need to report racism.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Report Racists
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:38:33 AM »
Because if you disagree with the President, you must be a racist. 

Told you, this was going to get ugly, real fast.  Perhaps faster than even I thought possible
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/attack-watch-new-obama-campaign-site-to-fight-smears-becomes-laughing-stock-of-the-internet/2011/09/14/gIQAspHDSK_blog.html

As the 2012 presidential campaign heats up, President Obama’s campaign team has set up a new Web site, AttackWatch.com, to challenge negative statements about the president made by Republican presidential candidates and conservatives.

Obama for America national field director Jeremy Bird told ABC News that the site’s goal is to offer “resources to fight back” against attacks. Mostly, that means fact checking statements from the likes of GOP presidential contenders Mitt Romney and Rick Perry and conservative commentator Glenn Beck and offering evidence to the contrary. The site is designed in bold red and black colors, and uses statements like “support the truth” and “fight the smears.”

The response to the site has been less than stellar.

On Twitter, where the Web site has an account to help Obama supporters submit evidence of “attacks” on the president using the hashtag #attackwatch, nearly every tweet about the site — mostly from conservatives — has ridiculed it.

“There's a new Twitter account making President Obama look like a creepy, authoritarian nutjob,” an Arizonan tweeted. “In less than 24 hours, Attack Watch has become the biggest campaign joke in modern history,” a contributor to conservative blog The Right Sphere wrote. The contributor linked to the following parody commercial for Attack Watch:

While the initiative is reminiscent of a similar online effort launched during the 2008 campaign, called Fight the Smears, the intimidating design and language of the new site seems to be what’s causing a bigger ruckus.

Fight the Smears looked and felt far less scary, quoting Obama at the top of its page in a classic hope-change statement: “What you won’t hear from this campaign or this party is the kind of politics that uses religion as a wedge, and patriotism as a bludgeon — that sees our opponents not as competitors to challenge but enemies to demonize.”

Attack Watch, on the other hand, uses the shorter tag­line, “Get the Truth. Fight the Smears.”

It’s safe to say that in its 24 hours of existence, Attack Watch has already backfired, becoming a tool for conservatives to use against Obama 2012. A tweet by conservative author Brad Thor summed up the critics’s argument: “Wow, not only are Obama & Co. incredibly thin-skinned, they're paranoid.”

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
It's almost as if The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers is phoning it in as one tweeter put it.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »
It's almost as if The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers is phoning it in as one tweeter put it.

Even I (when I knew that Obama was BAD in every way for our nation) couldn't imagine that he would be so brazen, so obvious, so  transparent with his attack against OUR nation, it's citizens, and our FREEDOM to do the stuff he has done and do it in the clear light of day for all of us to watch. It's like watching a train wreck! Indeed, he has proven to not just know Bill Ayers but be one of his best friends, and obviously they both believe in the same things. We always knew Ayers to be a terrorist and hang out with terrorists!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »
If this site is to report racists, can I report nearly the entire National Black Caucus, and a majority of the NAACP?  How about any school or organization that discriminates against whites, such as those institutions that employ Affirmative Action?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
If this site is to report racists, can I report nearly the entire National Black Caucus, and a majority of the NAACP?  How about any school or organization that discriminates against whites, such as those institutions that employ Affirmative Action?

yes but you are missing the new definition what a racist is. Anyone that disagrees with Obama is a racist.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
Report Racists...

I did.

Several of us did.

They were booted.

Now they are back.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:30 PM »
Report Racists...

I did.

Several of us did.

They were booted.

Now they are back.

at least you gave it your best effort, or did you?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 01:24:57 AM »
Report Racists...

I did.

Several of us did.

They were booted.

Now they are back.

For saloon edification, who are 'they" and how so??  Inquiring minds, in this, a debate forum

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 03:56:39 AM »
Considering there are only a handful of posters posting now, that would mean some of us were racists and were booted and are now back. This is getting wierd.

He's going to have to name names.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 10:32:53 AM »
Considering there are only a handful of posters posting now, that would mean some of us were racists and were booted and are now back. This is getting wierd.

He's going to have to name names.

He was trying to rattle me with his innuendo. I got booted for a couple of weeks once for calling an Illegal Alien a Wetback. I was against Obama before I even knew anything about him so that would make me a racist as well. Oh, plus I regularly refer to the boy-child president as a boy, which is racist, so clearly I am the racist he was referring to.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:39:02 AM by Kramer »

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 10:50:21 AM »
Were you also the one who made the racist comment about Native Americans and tried to beg it off as just a joke to see how members would react?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
Were you also the one who made the racist comment about Native Americans and tried to beg it off as just a joke to see how members would react?

It's an honor to live rent free in your mind all these years!

I can't remember but if your perceptions of that situation are similar to your perceptions with the Tea Party laughers then no doubt it must have happened just the way you perceived it.

Don't forget that one time I referred to a Chinese man as a Chinaman and really pissed of Kimba.

Speaking of Indians. I have always liked this joke:

The young Indian boy had spent most of his life in a quandary... He felt different yet... couldn't figure why... he was just so depressed. He went to the Chief for answers... He asked the chief how his brother Red Deer Running had gotten his name...

The chief answered in his typically poetic way..."When Red Deer Running was born, at the moment of his birth, the first thing his mother saw was a beautiful deer running off into the forest... and so Running Deer was named. It is the custom of our tribe to name the offspring according to the spirits in nature visiting upon the birth."

Then, the boy said to the Chief... And how did my sister "Thundering Bird" get her name? The chief described again, how at the moment of her birth Thundering Bird's mother had heard a roar of thunder and looking up, saw a bird flying in the sky...

The boy asked again, how his cousin "White Crouching Bear" had been given such a name... And the chief, looking down once more at the boy, explaining the traditions of their tribe.... White Bear's mother had seen a rare white bear crouched over a stream at the moment her baby's birth. Then he asked the boy...

"Why do you ask, Two Dogs Fucking?"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:50:43 AM by Kramer »