Author Topic: Do strait cops shoot strait?  (Read 2507 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Do strait cops shoot strait?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »
Shooting straight is not dependent on the honesty of the shooter.

A Strait shooter might be a sniper in the Singapore Army, but he would be unlikely to use the Straits as a target.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
Shooting straight is not dependent on the honesty of the shooter.

A Strait shooter might be a sniper in the Singapore Army, but he would be unlikely to use the Straits as a target.

those damn spell checkers

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:16:44 AM »
are you using an ipad?

I have the hardest time posting when i use mine the auto correct keeps screwing my post. which is why I post very little lately. I don`t haVE 10 minutes to retype every word six times.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:39 AM »
are you using an ipad?

I use my gTablet quite frequently. The "slide" keyboard I installed uses heuristics to try to guess what you're typing and pick an appropriate word. Also, it learns from your history, so it gets better the more you use it. I don't know if Apple allows you to change your keyboard.

I'm taking a trip in a few weeks, and I've decided to (for the first time in *ages*) not take a laptop. I'm trying to see if I can do everything I would normally do via tablet and phone.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 06:40:16 AM »
I use my gTablet quite frequently. The "slide" keyboard I installed uses heuristics to try to guess what you're typing and pick an appropriate word. Also, it learns from your history, so it gets better the more you use it. I don't know if Apple allows you to change your keyboard.

Here is some info about the keyboard I use: http://www.mobiletextinput.com/Product/What_is_SlideIT/
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »
tablets are great my ipad weighs less than 2lbs. much lighterr then a netbook and much longer battery life. still less function than a laptop. strangely not a very good business device. almost everything required in business has a cost. very few free apps for document use.pretty soon I`m gonna have to break my rule and actually pay for an app to stay current with my job.
or just stick with my netbook and save a few bucks.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
strangely not a very good business device. almost everything required in business has a cost.

I can do my entire job with my tablet. I have used it for "on call" support. Heck, I can do my entire job with my *phone*. ;-)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
are you using an ipad?

I have the hardest time posting when i use mine the auto correct keeps screwing my post. which is why I post very little lately. I don`t haVE 10 minutes to retype every word six times.

I have that problem with my HTC Droid Thunderbolt.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
Apple keyboard on the ipad and phone is not very good
I need an external like ami to function properly

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 11:27:57 PM »
OK I just downloaded the free SlideIt version for my Droid. I just spent about 3 minutes messing with it and already have a good feel for how it works. I like it. Thank you Ami for that tip. I think I will really like this a whole lot after I get fully used to it. Pretty cool!

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 11:42:07 PM »
yeah, for sure it's great.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »
A spell checker will not flag strait or straight as misspelled words, since both are actual words, homonyms that are pronounced alike, but with different meanings.

I have yet to understand why a tablet computer with no keyboard is in any way better than a simple netbook. It seems like it is more like having Tommy Hilfinger's name on your clothes.

I see why Apple makes iPad's, since that way they get paid when people buy apps. But the advantages to the user do not seem obvious to me.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »
A spell checker will not flag strait or straight as misspelled words, since both are actual words, homonyms that are pronounced alike, but with different meanings.

I have yet to understand why a tablet computer with no keyboard is in any way better than a simple netbook. It seems like it is more like having Tommy Hilfinger's name on your clothes.

I see why Apple makes iPad's, since that way they get paid when people buy apps. But the advantages to the user do not seem obvious to me.

Well dumb-ass since I misspell it like this: straigt
and then selected spell check and picked the wrong word like strait rather than straight that is how it can happen. Are you too stupid to figure that out?

I guess in your childish endeavor to make me look bad you just made yourself look worse!

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »
Light weight
Faster net response and with alittle computer savy it's a dandy movie viewer. I watched alot of tv & movies with it. I refuse to use it as a mp3 player because it's just seems stupid for it. The large screen makes it a way more superior document and ebook reader. But the free apps are limited.
Netbooks simply don't have the ease of use that a ipad has. The ease of use interphase is the one tech that keeps apple ahead of the game.

Can anyone tell me if the interphase of the droid or htc have comparable?