Author Topic: Cain on Foreign Policy  (Read 42682 times)

BSB

Cain on Foreign Policy
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »
Last night on PBS's Newshour Cain said, "China is seeking Nuclear capability ". Let me repeat that,"China is >>>>>>>seeking<<<<<<<< nuclear capability."

This guy is running for president of the United States in a world that is fraught with danger and he doesn't know that China has had nuclear weapons for 50 years. That's bad, very bad.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Cain on Foreign Policy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
tsk tsk

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
This guy is running for president of the United States in a world that is fraught with danger and he doesn't know that China has had nuclear weapons for 50 years. That's bad, very bad.

Nuclear *aircraft carriers*, which they don't currently have. Not weapons.

Reading the full quote explains it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BSB

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:25:47 AM »
No, you have to see the video. When he says they're seeking nuclear capabilty he's talking about weapons not aircraft carriers.
BSB

Hey BT, things still good on Main St?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »
I saw the video. He was talking about nuclear powered aircraft carriers, just like he has said in other interviews he has given on the topic.

BSB

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
I saw the whole interview on the Newshour last night. The statements ran close together but they were two different comments about China. First that they were seeking nuclear capability, clearly implying nuclear weapons, then he skipped to aircraft carriers. The two were not related other than they were both about China.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Cain+on+nuclear+capability+and+China

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »
The statements ran close together but they were two different comments about China.

"Close together"? They were two parts of the same sentence. How much "closer together" could they possibly be? When he mentions "developing nuclear capability" and "aircraft carriers like ours" in the same sentence, I take that to mean "nuclear powered aircraft carriers".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 01:17:30 PM »
If one is going to take things in context of course.  But if one's goal is to demean or denigrate, or try to find fault with Cain, then by mandate, he had to have been referring to nuclear power and carriers seperately, context be damned.  Oh, and keep referring to him as a pervert, minus any facts to back it up, outside of anonymous hearsay
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »
Last night on PBS's Newshour Cain said, "China is seeking Nuclear capability ". Let me repeat that,"China is >>>>>>>seeking<<<<<<<< nuclear capability."

BSB

How long has it been since you cleaned the earwax from your ears?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
Hey BT, things still good on Main St?

Must be. They broke ground on 5 new homes in the subdivision in the last 10 days. Good for the builders, suppliers and workers. Maybe not so good for the folks wanting to sell their homes in the same subdivision.

BSB

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »
Well, I can certainly understand why you guys would need to pretend he meant something other than what he did.

Obviously Cain isn't very serious about being president if he's 50 years behind on foreign policy and isn't bothering to try and catch up.

Jesus, imagine not knowing that China has had nukes for decades? Too busy harassing the women folk I guess.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
But if one's goal is to demean or denigrate, or try to find fault with Cain, then by mandate, he had to have been referring to nuclear power and carriers seperately, context be damned.  Oh, and keep referring to him as a pervert, minus any facts to back it up, outside of anonymous hearsay
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »
Well, I can certainly understand why you guys would need to pretend he meant something other than what he did.

Obviously Cain isn't very serious about being president if he's 50 years behind on foreign policy and isn't bothering to try and catch up.

Jesus, imagine not knowing that China has had nukes for decades? Too busy harassing the women folk I guess.

BSB

and who did you vote for in 2008? Don't bother answering, it was Obama. Enough said.

BSB

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 05:45:05 PM »
BT

What do the homes go for in that subdivision, on average?

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
180-200k