Author Topic: Sarkozy calls Netanyahu a liar, Obama tells Sarko he can't stand him either  (Read 6457 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sarkozy calls Netanyahu a liar, Obama tells Sarko he can't stand him either
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »
No, you keep misrepresenting my position on MSM bias, and that IS a biggie

So knock it off
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 01:37:44 AM »
I can only refer you back to post#2 in this thread, which is what i addressed in my posts. If you don't stand behind that post feel free to retract it. But i certainly did not misrepresent what you wrote.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 01:44:13 AM »
And I can refer you back to years of posts that provide my actual position on MSM bias, vs your CONTINUED attemps at painting it something that it has never been.  One has to wonder, WHY DO YOU GO DOWN THAT HOLE??  Is it some kind of perverse pleasure you get out of misrpresenting my position, time after time after time??

Plane, I'm trying to be nice...trying to be civil....not sure why Bt keeps pulling this garbage    >:(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 02:03:03 AM »
#2 was a declarative sentence. Another example of the MSM showing bias, often by omission.

...and notice how its NOT being reported by our MSM folks, here

and yet it was being reported.

You act as if you didn't write #2. Yet your name is right there to the left of the post.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 02:33:16 AM »
And you don't act as if my position has been crystal clear since the beginning....its a PREDOMINANCE OF 1 SIDED REPORTING vs NOT.  NOT that there's NEVER any reporting.  And you KNOW that, but KEEP pushing the notion that it's somehow my position, that the MSM NEVER posts a story critical of Obama or Democrats.  So you post 1 story, and whalaaa I'm supposedly wrong, despite it was never my position that the MSM NEVER writes a critical story about the left, in the 1st place

Again, WHY??    >:(

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 02:49:52 AM »
Then parse #2.

...and notice how its NOT being reported by our MSM folks, here

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 03:00:40 AM »
Easy....its in reference that you see very little, if any reported here....consistent with my position, since the beginning.  Yet there you are, painting my position as one where the bias is in ZERO reporting.  Your crack about "isn't the Washington Post part of the MSM?"  Why you, a person I had so admired since the beginnings of the Cafe, and subsequent Saloon, why you'd purposely and continually misrepresent my position, then sit there and try to play semantics, claim I was wrong, when you know damn well what my position on MSM bias has always been.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 03:02:51 AM »
Everyone always misunderstands what sirs really meant. And the Media is so cruel and unfair. It's like a guy with a size 11 foot who constantly complains that they cannot make shoes that fit him, but all he ever tries on are size 10's.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 03:10:32 AM »
Easy....its in reference that you see very little, if any reported here....consistent with my position, since the beginning.  Yet there you are, painting my position as one where the bias is in ZERO reporting.  Your crack about "isn't the Washington Post part of the MSM?"  Why you, a person I had so admired since the beginnings of the Cafe, and subsequent Saloon, why you'd purposely and continually misrepresent my position, then sit there and try to play semantics, claim I was wrong, when you know damn well what my position on MSM bias has always been.

Then why didn't you post that instead of saying that it was NOT being reported by the MSM, here.

You make a simple declarative statement, with little to no ambiguity, then cry victim when i simply show that that particular statement was not true.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 03:15:48 AM »
BECAUSE MY POSITION ON MSM BIAS HAS BEEN CLEAR SINCE THE BEGINNING.  I'M NOT THE ONE MUTATING IT INTO A POSITION, THAT IT NEVER WAS

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 03:21:01 AM »
But your post number 2 was not true. Perhaps you can show where post number 2 was correct, in face of the fact that Washington Post did run a story about the subject at hand.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 03:34:34 AM »
It was true BASED ON THE POSITION I'VE ALWAYS HAD REGARDING MSM BIAS. 

YOU WOULD BE CORRECT, IF YOU TOOK MY STATEMENT IN A VACUUM, AND PREDISPOSED THAT MY POSITION WAS THAT THE MSM NEVER WRITES A STORY CRITICAL OF THE LEFT

SINCE ITS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN, THE PERSON WHO'S WRONG ISN'T JUST WRONG, THEY'RE BEING DISENGENUOUS.  Hint, it's not me

STOP NOW.  I'VE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES, CIVILY.  PLEASE STOP IT

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 06:29:15 AM »
No, I don't find it necessary to restate my specific parameters of MSM bias, every damn time a reference to MSM bias is brought up, when you know damn well what I've meant from the beginning

So, as I said, please stop it now      >:(

I used to tell the kids , don't tell your little sister you hate to hear her voice , unless you want to hear a lot of singing.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
It was true BASED ON THE POSITION I'VE ALWAYS HAD REGARDING MSM BIAS. 

YOU WOULD BE CORRECT, IF YOU TOOK MY STATEMENT IN A VACUUM, AND PREDISPOSED THAT MY POSITION WAS THAT THE MSM NEVER WRITES A STORY CRITICAL OF THE LEFT

SINCE ITS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN, THE PERSON WHO'S WRONG ISN'T JUST WRONG, THEY'RE BEING DISENGENUOUS.  Hint, it's not me

STOP NOW.  I'VE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES, CIVILY.  PLEASE STOP IT

On the face of it, taken as written, your 2 was not correct, regardless of previous positions or attempts to to deflect. And i certainly did not misrepresent your 2.

How you can continue to say the statement you made in 2 was not the statement you made in 2, is beyond me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
In a vacuum, where my history on the issue does not exist, is where it is not correct.

In your ongoing efforts to misrpresent my position, is where it is not correct

When taken in context, with my LONGTIME standing on the position of MSM bias, its perfectly consistent

How you can keep pushing this demonstrates far more about your obsessions, than it does anything of mine.  It's easier to see how I was suspended for no other damn reason, than I didn't cotow to your demands of apology, after having highlighted your efforts, at that time.

Plane, I tried