Author Topic: Gingrich takes lead nationally! (shocking to me)  (Read 10513 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Gingrich takes lead nationally! (shocking to me)
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »
So Texas is like California , where conservatives don't have the numbers to elect their own.

That's sad.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 07:30:57 PM »
.Get the hell out of our country & get in line to come back legally!

=================================
There is little chance that they would be allowed back in legally. That is why they came here illegally in the first place.

There is a good point.

This country has a real need for a lot of these people , but our immagration law is so out of whack that otherwise honest employers are financeing the breaking of this law. There is a pressure created by the unmet need and the oversupply on the opposite sides of the border, this pressure is relieved by breaking the immagration law , but it would be better to change the law so that it was a law that made better sense, was easyer to enforce and made reasonable demands on immagrants.

I don't know how I would prove it but I would be willing to bet that 90% or better of these ileagal aliens are decent people we would be glad for if we made them citizens. It would pay us well to be discriminating against the minority that are professional criminals, but the lawbreaking relief of pressure can't be discrimminating at all.

This one issue is the one where I like Perry, as only Nixon could go to China , I think it will require a Republican prominent in a border state to reform immagration. Perry seems to have the right mind for the job,the right experience, the right attitude for the job and potentially the right Congress for the job.

Did anyone notice that president Obama back burnered the issue?Reelected I think he will continue the Status Quo unfortunately the status quo includes a worsening trend.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 08:07:50 PM »
When Obama does not have to worry about reelection, he wil have a lot more freedom to address both immigration and Palisrael.
At present, he is deporting as many illegals as Congress will fund him to deport, about 400,000 per year, most of whom have committed some crime here.

He gets ignored by the anti-immigration crowd for not doing enough, and lambasted by some Hispanics for doing too much.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »
  It would be nice to deport all of the illeagal aliens , but we can't really get it done , nor afford the result.

What has to happen along with the enforcement is providing a better means for leagal immagration, no more filter than is reasonable , less enforcement but more targeted and effective against bad apples.

Why is it so hard to change these laws?