Author Topic: 'Bout Time  (Read 7377 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 'Bout Time
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
This happened because a pretend cop was allowed to run about with a lethal weapon.

Which he had every right to do, and legally cleared by the state to carry.  YOU WEREN'T THERE.  YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT FACILITATED THE SHOT.  The fact he had a right to carry his weapon isn't the why this happened, it merely allowed it to.  A very distinct difference

It's going to be up to Corey now, to convince a jury, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman, devoid of ANY examples of prior pulling out his weapon and shooting at someone, had an intent on killing Martin, per the 2nd degree murder requirements, in the state of Florida

Good luck with that

Nevertheless, let the judicial system do its thing.  There will be many stupid things said as a result of this.

Including the riots, if a not-guilty verdict is handed down
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »
I know that he could not have shot anyone had he stayed in his effing car and had not been packing heat.

The fact that you can legally fart in an elevator after eating 15 deviled eggs and washing them down with  a sixpack does not mean that you SHOULD fart in an elevator after eating 15 deviled eggs and washing them down with a sixpack.

Zimmerman was ass. Let the court decide whether to lock him up or not,

I'd be happy if they just disarmed him  and barred him from any sort of law enforcement real or hobbyist, for life.

That would probably seem harsh to sirs, who would no doubt like to appoint him deputy to Arpaio.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
I know that he could not have shot anyone had he stayed in his effing car and had not been packing heat.

Doesn't matter what you think or feel...HE HAD EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO CARRY and GET OUT OF HIS CAR.....PERIOD

I'd be happy if they just disarmed him  and barred him from any sort of law enforcement real or hobbyist, for life.  That would probably seem harsh to sirs, who would no doubt like to appoint him deputy to Arpaio.

And Xo's success rate at being wrong, keeps hitting new highs
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »
Which he had every right to do, and legally cleared by the state to carry. 
YOU WEREN'T THERE.  YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT FACILITATED THE SHOT. 

SIRS if some guy a foot taller than me had already broken my nose (aggravated assault)
and was then was bashing my head into the concrete (attempted murder)
I'd shoot his ass in NY minute!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:11:14 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 04:03:30 PM »
I heard a caller on the radio generate her theory.....get this.....They were facing each other, Zimmerman simply shot Martin, and Martin fell forward onto Zimmerman, causing all the injuries to him, broken nose, skull abrasions & contusions, etc.  She conceded there was no proof of such, that it was only a theory, but also said she had concluded that Zimmerman indeed not just murdered Martin, but that it was racially motivated.  She just needed to concoct a theory, as outrageous as it was, to fit that template

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »
Let's all send in drivel we heard on the radio.

It is sooo much easier than making up new drivel.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
Drivel kinda like.......Obamination Care is only 1000 pages??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 12:39:37 AM »
As I said, the facts will come out, and when they do, IF Zimmerman is found not guilty....just watch the riots start

Hard to convict on 2nd degree murder, given what's required to reach that verdict, beyond a reasonable doubt.  Even the timeline you opine that Corey will need to focus on, hardly highlights a person intent on killing, especially given Zimmerman's history of never having pulled his weapon on the multitude of other 911 calls made....not to mention the crimes that this "pretend cop" did prevent in his function as a neighborhood watch

I'm am pretty sure that in Florida premeditation or intent to kill prior to actually killing is not required for 2nd degree murder charges. But since you are making the claim that it is, perhaps you could show where you got the information.

Sorry to be so late in responding. On the road.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 02:31:22 AM »
Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as
1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion"
or
2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter

Findlaw.com

Under Florida law, second degree murder is the unlawful killing of a person when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind, regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual

CBS News

Gonna be interested to see what facts Corey is going to produce to portray Zimmerman as depraved & disregarding of human life, given the multitude of other times he has done precisely the same thing in contactiong 911, when responding to someone he perceived as suspicious, while he was carrying a weapon
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:25:39 AM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 01:19:24 PM »
I find this somewhat fascinating: to be guilty of second degree murder, one must be "depraved". Yet if one is INSANE, then one is not judged as guilty.

So apparently there is this continuum: sane..........................depraved.....................................insane.................legally insane...

But unlike blood alcohol, earthquakes and rainfall, there is no scale of measurement.

I think I will let the court hash this out.

Preventing Zimmerman from blasting other unarmed people he thinks look suspicious would be my idea of a good outcome.
If the court took away his gun, could he count on sirs or Christians to lend him their trusty Roscoe? Because it is everyone's right to go forth lethally armed, of course.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:25:19 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »
If the court took away his gun, could he count on sirs or Christians to lend him their trusty Roscoe? Because it is everyone's right to go forth lethally armed, of course.

UNTIL ONE HAS HAD THAT RIGHT REVOKED, BY WAY OF SOMETHING THEY'VE DONE ILLEGALLY.  I guess you apparently missed that one as well, despite it having been referenced countless times     :o    Mine would be a Sig, not a Roscoe.  Can't vouch for Cu4

BSB

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
Look, this never should have happened. Mr. Zimmerman was the adult here. Further, he was the possessor of the instrument that caused the death of an underaged boy who would have continued on to his destination had Mr. Zimmerman not interfered. If you are going to carry a firearm you had better not allow it to unnecessarily end someone's life. And looking at the event in total Mr. Zimmerman did not follow that commonsense rule. No matter what the courts decide Zimmerman is responsible for the death of a boy whose life had barely begun to unfold, and the cause of suffering for that young boys family. Losing a child is something parents never recover from.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
Of course it shouldn't have happened.   ::)   The Courts will now determine if something illegal occured.  If Zimmerman is found guilty, then so be it, and the repercussions that follow. 

IF he's found not guilty, then all rights are returned, including ownership of a firearm, period. 

Whether he's able to renew his CCW is another matter entirely.  That'll be up to the state

BSB

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
I didn't anything about rights you fucking dumb asshole. Get a life sirs. Your post are a tedious bore. You are a tedious bore. Take 2 weeks off the computer at least to re-lube your brain, its all dried up.

BSB

P.S. and get rid of that stupid Reagan quote, we've all read it 50,000,000 times.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
you fucking dumb asshole.

BSB that really crosses the line of decency & you should apologize.
ok to show frustration...but come on....really?....you know you are better than that.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987