Author Topic: A Moment of Silence Please  (Read 2381 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Moment of Silence Please
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 10:50:38 AM »
The UK which has strict gun laws has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S.

Leave my constitutional rights alone control freak!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
sirs claims that the Virginia massacre would have been prevented if only Virginia had permitted teachers and students to take their guns to class.

Do you ever tire of being dishonest??  I realize when you and B get desperate, your rhetoric really starts to flail, but good gravy.  I NEVER claimed it "would" have been prevented.  I made it crystal clear there was a much greater possibility that it MIGHT have been prevented, had some teachers CHOSEN (not required, as that's yet another dishonest tact you've tried) to train to legally carry a concealed weapon, and that the laws would have allowed them to carry on campus

The problem was not caused by a ban on students and teachers packing heat, it was that this crazy Korean guy was allowed to own a gun and buy ammo, and on the campus, where he demonstrated his Constitutional Right to Bear Arms.

And the constitutional right for a teacher to possess the same right MIGHT have prevented such a massacre by the "crazy Korean guy", was a distinct plausible solution to the problem, since the Constitutional right to bear arms will never be abolished
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »
since the Constitutional right to bear arms will never be abolished.

You are correct SIRS since only 26% of Americans - a record low - favor a handgun ban!

Ya see the American People don't agree with the control freaks and fringe lefties.

They try to portray us as the "nuts", but reality says they are on the fringe.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
Notice 2 things here C.....

1) the person who broke the law was Seung-Hui Cho, by bringing the firearm onto campus.  In other words, the law abiding citizens were severely disadvantaged, by not being allowed to, those with CCW's.  It was like a Fox to a henhouse.  More of the same attempted bans, would allow more of the same opportunities that Cho had, that Klebold had, that any number of other murdereres had

2) it really would be inspiring to see how bSb or xO define "gun nut".  They keep tossing the term out, kinda like how the left will often yell "racist" when Obama is being criticized.  Like a knee jerk reaction, that's erroneously designed to try and put their opponent on te defensive.  If a "gun nut" is simply someone who supports the Bill of Rights, especially the 2nd amendment, they've managed to mutate the term "nut", much like the mutation to the term "fair"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
A gun nut is someone who never hunts and owns a rifle.
A gun nut is someone that carries a pistol around while serving as a "pretend cop" like Zimmerman.
A gun nut is anyone that has more pistols than hands.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »
A gun nut is someone who never hunts and owns a rifle.

In other words, someone who merely supports and exercises their Consitutional 2nd amendment right to own a rifle.  So, obviously you're a word nut for the use of words, and in exercising your 1st amendment rights.  Glad we got that cleared up

A gun nut is someone that carries a pistol around while serving as a "pretend cop" like Zimmerman.

Again, another example of someone simply legally exercising their rights unders the laws of Florida and of the U.S.

A gun nut is anyone that has more pistols than hands.

This is my favorite    ;D    Last I checked, folks collect all sorts of things.  I guess anyone that collects anything is apparently a "nut".  I'm a mug nut and baseball cap nut myself, but since I only have 2 pistols, I guess that takes me off xO's parameters for being a gun nut

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »
ya see SIRS thats the typical tactic of the Left
up is down and down is up
The vast majority of Americans support gun ownership
But then the Left calls us the "nuts"
Just like the photo below shows their twisted reality.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »
When you buy a gun, you put another dangerous gun into the huge pool of weapons in this country, where they will be used in crimes, will kill people in accidents, and make this country more dangerous for everyone, including you.

The fewer guns are in circulation, the safer we all are from being shot.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 12:48:35 PM »
The UK which has strict gun laws has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S.
Your logic also does not follow with the Swiss who have high gun ownership.
Matches don't cause arson.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:00:04 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
When you buy a gun, you put another dangerous gun into the huge pool of weapons in this country, where they will be used in crimes, will kill people in accidents, and make this country more dangerous for everyone, including you.

Sorry....the 2nd amendment of the Constitution trumps your paranoia

But by all means, the mechanisms for amending the Constitution are right there, black and white.  Good luck with that

From the law abiding folks perhaps.  Then again, those aren't the folks you really should be paranoid about

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
When you sell a gun, where does it go? The more guns are in circulation, the price for each gun goes down, because the greater the supply, the less the demand.

When you own 20 guns and you bite the big one, those guns are going somewhere. You are not going to take those guns through the Pearly Gates. Each will be inherited, sold or stolen.
 20 guns pose a twentyfold increase in the probability that the gun will kill someone.
The more guns there are in this country, the greater the chance for accidental or intentional gun deaths.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Sorry....the 2nd amendment of the Constitution still trumps your what might paranoia. 

I can just as easily opine that those "20guns" could go into the hands of a training center, or by use for law enforcement, if donated, or handed down to other family members who are equally responsible in supporting safe firearms use.  Thus could then deduce that the more guns there are, the more gun safety that may be facilitated, and more crimes & death prevented

The "dead writers" (per bSb) put in place the mechanisms for amending the Constitution, if you find it so vulgar.  Good luck with that.

BSB

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »
Define a gun nut?

A gun nut is a whacko who packs iron on a leisurely weekend trip with friends up into mountains and pretends it has something to do with an amendment to the Constitution.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
I guess that excludes me, since that wasn't my reason for having one.  Any other examples?  Or are you left with simply anyone that doesn't agree with your mutated definition of nut

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »
Define a gun nut? A gun nut is a whacko who packs iron on a leisurely weekend trip with friends up into mountains and pretends it has something to do with an amendment to the Constitution.
BSB

Define a control freak whackjob?

A control freak is a whacko who thinks they always know better what
best for everybody else, it pisses them off that people dont give a rats ass
what they think is best, they cant stand to just allow people to do their own thing,
they wanna control your washing machines, your lightbulbs, your dishwasher,
the cars you drive, what we eat, whether you can own a gun, and decide what part of
the constitution they wish to enforce.... it's the pinnacle of arrogance and mental disorder.