Author Topic: Poll Dancing  (Read 4582 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Poll Dancing
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »
Boy oh boy, one can get a migraine trying to decipher all the polling data.  EVERYWHERE (ok, have to preface that since some folks become acutely literal if you throw out the "everywhere" word, despite multiple references elsewhere that would clarify the most as most, but that again is besides the point), MOST EVERYWHERE you look, at least in the swing states, you have Romney & Obama tied, or within a point of each other, in all these polls, and MOST of those pundits talking about how close this election is going to be........or more to the point, is supposed to be

So, let's just say Romney wins with ohhh, let's say....301 electoral votes.  You think the MSM will be completely perplexed?  Obama supporters apoplectic?  You think the cries of voter manipulation or fraud will be widespread?

In fact, before I go on with this theory,
- what would the response be if.....and I do mean if, if Romney captured 300+ electoral votes? 
- Completely out of the question? 
- If so, why would that be?

or, would it simply be congratulations President-elect Romney?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Poll Dancing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
Response from whom?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »
Pretty much the same as it would be if Obama won...open a Guinness, kick back, and figure we're all screwed for four more years.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:29:28 PM »
Pretty much the same as it would be if Obama won...open a Guinness, kick back, and figure we're all screwed for four more years.

hehe...so nothing nefarious, nothing sinister, nothing pulled by the GOP on some grand scale, or even state level, Romney simply won....fair enough    8)

Response from whom?

Anyone that cares to opine
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:42:19 PM »
Oh Ok

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
So, you think Romney could pull 300+?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »
So, you think Romney could pull 300+?

It will be either a squeaker or a landslide. If it is the latter, Romney will do much better than 300.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 10:31:57 PM »
So, you think he could get 300+...and if so, Congratulations President-elect Romney.....correct?

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »
The way I figure it, neither of the is worth my vote. I don't trust either of them, and neither of them has given me any reason to. The campaign has devolved into a contest of which chimp in the cage can thump their chest the loudest and fling the most dung. They've both come out long on rhetoric and short on facts. In short, I wouldn't piss on either one, let alone vote for them.

I used to think the American people deserved better, in the selection of candidates and the way the campaigns were run. Now I just figure they deserve what they get. So, I really don't care which chimp wins.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
Fair enough....but the point being, as far as you and Bt are concerned, if Romney gets 300+ electoral votes, cruising to an easy victory, you're good with how the election went down....congratulations President-elect Romney

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
...you're good with how the election went down....congratulations President-elect Romney

Depends on how you define good, and no, I don't think I would be congratulating him. On the other hand, if it goes the other way, I could say the same thing.

I would congratulate None of the Above if that won.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »
ok......missing the point, sorry....no, I'm not trying to say you'd be happy with Romney, merely that if he managed 300+ electoral votes, and beat Obama pretty soundly, despite all these polls that claim a razor thin margin, you're good with that....Romney won, the electorate spoke, end of story......correct?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 11:11:42 PM »
This is what I think.

It will be either a squeaker or a landslide. If it is the latter, Romney will do much better than 300.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »
ok......missing the point, sorry....no, I'm not trying to say you'd be happy with Romney, merely that if he managed 300+ electoral votes, and beat Obama pretty soundly, despite all these polls that claim a razor thin margin, you're good with that....Romney won, the electorate spoke, end of story......correct?

Provided no fraud or dirty tricks show up at the polls.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »

Provided no fraud or dirty tricks show up at the polls.

Of course

This is what I think.

[/color]

....and if he did much better than 300, congratulations President-elect Romney.......right?  Not asking a trick question, and you can be just as miserable at the results, as H    ;)