Author Topic: Happy Valentines Day From the NRA  (Read 8420 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Happy Valentines Day From the NRA
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 11:12:38 PM »
Then we'll never know it came to happen now, won't we.  Pity.  Perfect opportunity for you to one time back up a claim, to demonstrate right you were, at least once, and you're going to keep it to yourself.  What a bummer
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 11:58:26 AM »
It will be obvious to everyone when LaPierre loses. I certainly won't have to tell you.

Why do you support LaPierre so fervently when you do not even shell out the relative pittance needed to join the NRA?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
Ahh, the 'ol "obvious" response.  How's that been woring out for yas?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
When the leadership of the NRA ejects LaPierre, it will be obvious that he screwed up, just as it was obvious that Charleton Heston screwed up and was ejected when Michael Moore made a fool of him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »
And of course, you'll let us know when that happens      ;)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »
Why should I bother? LaPierre is just a crackpot paid to peddle guns and ammo.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
Why should I bother?

To try and put a dent into that 99% wrong track record of claims, on your part.

or not.  Your choice

LaPierre is just a crackpot paid to peddle guns and ammo.

OR, a patriot out to peddle the Constitution and defending our children.  I'll go with the latter, until you can demonstrate otherwise, outside of your 99% namecalling say so

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
When the leadership of the NRA ejects LaPierre, it will be obvious that he screwed up, just as it was obvious that Charleton Heston screwed up and was ejected when Michael Moore made a fool of him.

I don't remember it that way.
Ejected? Who told you that?

Heston was the president (a largely ceremonial position) and spokesman of the NRA from 1998 until he resigned in 2003. At the 2000 NRA convention, he raised a rifle over his head and declared that a potential Al Gore administration would take away his Second Amendment rights "from my cold, dead hands".[41] In announcing his resignation in 2003, he again raised a rifle over his head, repeating the five famous words of his 2000 speech.[42] He was an honorary life member.[42]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston

In the 2002 film Bowling for Columbine, Michael Moore interviewed Heston in his home, asking him about an April 1999 NRA meeting held shortly after the Columbine high school massacre, in Denver, Colorado. Moore criticized Heston for the perceived thoughtlessness in the timing and location of the meeting. Heston, on-camera, excused himself and walked out. Moore was later criticized for his ambush and for selectively editing footage which scrambled the sequence of questions and answers to make Heston appear to be giving responses that did not match the question asked.[43][44][45]

BSB

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 04:46:32 AM »
Heston had Alzheimer's so I won't make fun of him. LaPierre is a natural born asshole who should be made fun of early and often. If the NRA is smart they'll dump him yesterday. Unlike some in here I am an NRA member, and they've done a lot of very good work for years. They've made gun ownership, and use, safer for countless numbers of people through their firearms programs(1). People like LaPierre are destroying the reputation they earned through those programs.   

BSB

1. Years ago I bought a Ruger Old Army black powder revolver just because I was so impressed by how well built it was. I called the NRA looking for a black powder instructor. One called me that night. I took a lesson from him over the following weekend. He knew his stuff. He followed up by phone a couple of times answering additional questions I had. The NRA is very impressive and doesn't need kooks like LaPierre representing it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
And yet, no one is able to explain how LaPierre is this supposed Ahole.  Just that he is because........certain hard core leftists say he is.  Go figure.  Perhaps one of these days the left will provide some concrete reasons.  Hopefully more than just a few sentence gaffs, since our Current Commander & Clown has a vast resume' of verbal miscues, and we won't even talk about the encyclopedia of gaffes, VP Biden

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
When someone like the President of the United States and his surrogates, is attacking your organization trying to link your organization to a tragedy like Sandy Hook, it is imperative that you put forth your best people to counter these claims. From my observation LaPierre is not that person. There was a spokesperson from the NRA on CNN after the SOTU speeches who in my opinion articulated opposition to emotion based gun control laws much better. Wish i could remember his name.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »
RULE 13: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Which is exactly what is happening with Lapierre.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
Still waiting to see how he's some "a-hole".  Is it the glasses?  Did he drink a sip of water, when he shouldn't have?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »
Still waiting to see how he's some "a-hole".  Is it the glasses?  Did he drink a sip of water, when he shouldn't have?

He is an asshole the same way you are a chimp. You have been picked off personalized polarized and frozen.

He may not be an asshole and you may not be a chimp but both of you are a target.

Hope that helps.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »
It does indeed.  Thanks, Bt