Author Topic: BenghaziGate Hearings  (Read 12259 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BenghaziGate Hearings
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »
I don't give a fuck where it was going it has nothing to do with this event.

BSB

NOR IS BT CLAIMING IT WAS.   ::)   MERELY THAT IT WAS IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA, AND HAD PLENTY OF STRIKE AIRCRAFT, THAT HAD BOTH THE PROPER GUIDED MUNITIONS AND THE RANGE, FOR SUPPORT
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »
As I said, it's all crap. It's got nothing to do with anything. There was a Beetle boat headed for Crow Island Me. to.

BSB

BSB

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 11:47:34 PM »
"Good lord, you wouldn't even make a good defense attorney.  IT HAS BEEN FACTUALLY REPORTED THAT A SPECIAL FORCES UNIT WAS STATIONED AND READY TO LIFT OFF IN TRIPOLI.  I was not aware that every story regarding Special Forces required a designation of its specific unit #.  WHAT THE HELL DIFFERENCE WOULD THAT MAKE?  THE FACT IS THEY WERE THERE.....NO PRETENDING."

Show me the factual report.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »
I don't give a fuck where it was going it has  had nothing to do with this event.

BSB

precisely. The call was not made.

BSB

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »
I wonder why they didn't call the Beetle boat off the coast of Me.?

This is the real problem. They should have sent a Special Forces team to Benghazi weeks earlier when further security was both requested, and obviously necessary. The rest of this is all Monday morning quarterbacking crap by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 12:37:36 AM »
I wonder why they didn't call the Beetle boat off the coast of Me.?

This is the real problem. They should have sent a Special Forces team to Benghazi weeks earlier when further security was both requested, and obviously necessary. The rest of this is all Monday morning quarterbacking crap by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

BSB

The pre-attack neglect is obviously of concern. The dissembling and obfuscation during and after the attack are of equal concern.

BSB

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 01:50:16 AM »
Beirut: "Suicide bombers detonated each of the truck bombs. In the attack on the American Marines barracks, the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II,"

Thanks Ronny.

BSB

BSB

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2013, 01:53:10 AM »
9/11 "The September 11 attacks resulted in 2,996 immediate (attack time) deaths: 2,977 victims and the 19 hijackers.[1] A total of 372 foreign nationals (excluding the 19 perpetrators) perished in the attacks, representing just over 12% of the total. The immediate deaths include 246 victims on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,606 in New York City in the World Trade Center and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon.[2][3] About 292 people were killed at street level by burning debris and falling bodies of those who had jumped or fallen from the World Trade Center's windows. All the deaths in the attacks were civilians except for 55 military personnel killed at the Pentagon.[4] Some immediate victims were not added to the list until years later.
More than 90 countries lost citizens in the attacks on the World Trade Center.[5] The foreign countries with the highest losses are the United Kingdom (including the British overseas territory of Bermuda) with 67, the Dominican Republic with 47, and India with 41.
In 2007, the New York City medical examiner's office began to add people to the official death toll who died of illnesses caused by exposure to dust from the site. The first such victim was a woman who had died in February 2002 from a lung condition.[6] In 2009, a man who died in 2008 was added,[7] and in 2011 a man who died in 2010.[8]"

Thanks George.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2013, 02:08:57 AM »

Thanks Ronny.

BSB

Thanks George.

BSB

Are we going to discuss the coverup and deflection that Ronnie and George used to escape responsibility?

Did anyone in the Reagan administration say in public "What diffrence does it make at this point?"

I don't really feel that mistakes being made is the point, the best of the best generals and Presidents make fewer mistakes , not none. NO matter who we elect we ought to expect a tragic mistake now and then.

Then we ought to demand the truth so we can know how bad it really is.

Digging up excuses and pushing the excuse hard in frount of the truth might be something that happened this time, if so , then we have a president that holds the American people in contempt and is willing to sweep blood under the rug.

I am not sure yet that this is the case , but it looks more and more like it is all the time.

Q. What could President Obama do that would retire him in greater disrepute than Richard Nixon?
     A. He could out Nixon Nixon, and perhaps he has.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2013, 02:15:17 AM »
Yes all pertinent to the current situation, past is prologue blah blah blah.

There are also the lessons learned when studying Les Aspin

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 02:15:56 AM »
OUCH, ....touche', Plane      8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2013, 02:17:07 AM »
BT, they might have been. I don't know what they were up to? I don't know if they had fighters available to be scrambled or if they were on a preselected mission. I don't know. Then you wonder what would they use? 250lbs.? They couldn't drop anything bigger in a neighborhood like that.  Even 250 pounders are pretty big. I suppose they could have fired their 20mm. We'll have to ask plane about what else they have, I'm out of date.

BSB

I don't have much special knoledge , and if I do I can't give it here , sorry.

Stuff like the range of the C-130 and the arms it can carry are probly availible to the public without much trouble.

Where special mission aircraft are at particular times might not be so easy to find , Air craft Carriers too might not publish their whereabouts most of the time.

This kind of information will likely be opened in congress, and then made public if it is politicially usefull.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2013, 02:29:12 AM »
And that would be because this is of no importance to any sane American who understands that Libya was a chaotic place and the President was NOT TO BLAME fpor what happened.

Far More blame falls on stupid Juniorbush for all that crap about mushroom clouds and weaponized anthrax.

I do not give a shit about Benghazi.

I never will.

And neither should any sane American.

President Obama is doing a fine job despite all you ratbag rightwing Lumpenproletarian assholes.

Should the president be sane enough to know that Bengazi is a dangerous place?

Or perhaps the secretary of state should ?

This first  mistake is a lack of forsight , which is gonna happen now and then untill we invent time travel and make forsight as dependable as hindsight, I don't feel like that is the biggest problem.

A bigger problem is that when the attack was going on cries for help were ignored, since the attack went on al day something could have been brought from quite a long distance and been helpfull. Was any attempt at counterattack or evacuation tried?...... But this is just a worse mistake than the first and isn't what hurts worst.

A coverup is not a mistake , it was a deliberate attack on the wisdom of the American people.

we have little enough wisdom in the first place , we don't need to b e misled tso that what little we have is destroyed.

BSB

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:38 AM »
"But his deposition did reveal startling gaps in the memory of the 79-year-old former president. In all, Reagan said ``I don`t recall`` or ``I can`t remember`` 88 times in the eight hours of testimony taken Feb. 16-17 in Los Angeles.

At one point, Reagan said he could not identify Gen. John Vessey, who served for more than three years as his chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. At other times, he said he could not identify a picture of contra leader Adolfo Calero, could not recall a shipment of Hawk missiles to Iran in November 1985, had no memory of signing one presidential finding relating to the shipment of weapons to Iran and had only the slightest recollection of signing a second such finding.

He also appeared hazy on the identity of Eugene Hasenfus, an American whose shooting down over Nicaragua helped precipitate the unraveling of the then-secret Iran-contra operation. And Reagan seemed totally unable to recall what the Tower Commission-a panel he appointed in December 1986 to investigate the affair-said in its report three months later."

Sure Ronny.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2013, 07:36:13 AM »
Yes, moral equivalency will be the best response to Obama and co. being asleep at the wheel.