Author Topic: BenghaziGate Hearings  (Read 12221 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BenghaziGate Hearings
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2013, 11:52:46 PM »
Benghazi is soaked in CIA and classified Special Forces operations. Give it up far right wing.

BSB

Bengazi was free of American influence before the Obama administration.
How is this administration not responsible for the situation?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2013, 02:04:13 AM »
If it is unimportant, why perform a coverup?

And there's the $64,000 question
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2013, 09:51:27 AM »
arguing points never

But SIRS....what with the I.R.S. scandal, the Benghazi controversy, and revelations about the Justice Department's sweep of The Associated Press's phone records....at least nobody in the administration has been caught driving to Canada with Bo the dog strapped to the car roof several decades ago....afterall that's the important stuff! ::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »
Indeed       ;)    But the cynic in me, especially as it relates to politics, leads me to believe beyond the obvious......the obvious here is that all these actions, (Benghazi, IRS, and AP) were all performed to better provide Obama a victory in Nov.  Acts that would have had the Conservative base howling made at a GOP president, if it were occurring under their administration's purview.  Beyond the obvious is the theory that this administration knew this stuff was going to come out, and what better time to allow it to happen, well removed from the Nov Elections, and over a year away from the 2014 elections, hoping that the electorate will have "moved on" by then. 

The Democrat tactic is clear, employed for Benghazi, and soon to be employed for these latest scandals, including the one regarding Obama's HHS' Secretary......cite how these "revelations/accusations" are very troubling.....make it clear that they will be investigated thoroughly, and as such can't be bothered to answer any questions now, for fear of its impact on any "investigation", then just sit back for, oh a minimum of 8 months, repeating the above, if asked.  And after 8+months, then cite how this is old news, and the only reason its being brought up now is political.  That's what they tried to do with Benghazi, as well as Fast & Furious, and that's what they'll likely do with the latest ones
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »
But SIRS....why are the Republicans such idiots?

The Democrats always use situations to futher their agenda.
Newtown, Colorado theater....Democrats immediately use for Gun Control agenda.
It's like an automatic for Dems to use everything to push their agenda

So why aren't the Republicans using Obama's IRSgate to further their agenda?
Why not say "hey this shows again how corrupt the IRS and our tax system is"
Use this scandal to push a Flat Tax or Sales Tax to replace the current tax system.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
Yes .....& No.  I completely agree with you C, on how idiotic the GOP can be, especially in running campaigns, especially in what they should focus on vs what they don't.  Romney should have HAMMERED Obama on Benghazi.  I mean, its easy to see how validated and vindicated it would be now, but that was an absolute nail, to go along with the economy, that should have handed Romney an easy win.  Neither here nor there now, Obama is President for 4 more years, and the country is going to reap what they just sewed, so we're all screwed together, which I guess is the liberal platform

But to the point you're making, ......I don't think I can support tactics by the GOP that I consistently condemn the Dems for doing.  Now, we can debate that this isn't taking a tragedy like Newtown, to push a political agenda, but more so taking political fallout of a person or party to push one.  It's less seedy than Newtown, but it is along the same lines.  I suppose I could be swayed, but at present, I'd rather focus on just how immense and widespread, not to mention how far up, all these abuse of Government agencies went, in trying to get Obama re-elected.  But your point on using this to educate the electorate on the idea of a Flat tax or National Sales tax, vs what we have now, indeed has merit

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »
.......and for the left & those in the MSM to try and pretend its a non-issue, requires them to avoid, at all cost, talking about it

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »
Chelsea Clinton Killed by Terrorists in Benghazi....
what does it matter?

Chelsea Clinton Killed by Terrorists in Benghazi...

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »
That's 2 more marines deployed to keep Obama dry, than were deployed to help keep Americans, like Ambassador Stevens, alive.  Gotta love the priorities

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »
But to the point you're making, ......I don't think I can support tactics by the GOP that I consistently condemn the Dems for doing.  Now, we can debate that this isn't taking a tragedy like Newtown, to push a political agenda, but more so taking political fallout of a person or party to push one.  It's less seedy than Newtown, but it is along the same lines.  I suppose I could be swayed, but at present, I'd rather focus on just how immense and widespread, not to mention how far up, all these abuse of Government agencies went, in trying to get Obama re-elected.

This sentence from the NY Times story is precious:

Mr. George told Treasury officials about the allegation as part of a routine briefing about ongoing audits he would be conducting in the coming year, and he did not tell the officials of his conclusions that the targeting had been improper, he said.  Still, the inspector general’s testimony will most likely fuel efforts by Congressional Republicans to show that Obama administration officials knew of efforts to single out conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status for additional scrutiny, but did not reveal that knowledge during President Obama’s re-election campaign.

Yes, New York Times, the sworn testimony of the Inspector General and your reporting may "fuel efforts by Congressional Republicans" to, um, point out what happened.  For his part, Treasury says Wolin didn't discuss the revelation with anyone outside of his own department.  First of all, the IRS is overseen by Treasury, which is run by the executive branch.  Targeting conservative was a systemic, well-known practice for years inside the IRS.  Even if Wolin is telling the truth, we now know that at least some administration officials at Treasury were made aware of the investigation six months before the election.  Are we to believe that Wolin didn't bring this explosive information to his boss, Sec. Tim Geithner?  Is there any chance this didn't make its way up the food chain in June of last year, if it hadn't already?  NBC News' Lisa Myers raised similar questions about the IRS this morning.  She noted that IRS brass failed to disclose this extraordinary information last September in a letter to Congress:

"Imagine, if you can, what would have happened if this fact came out in September 2012 in the middle of the presidential election.  The terrain would have looked very different."

We now have confirmation that it wasn't just the IRS that knew about all of this and failed to disclose it in the closing weeks of a bitterly-fought election.  Treasury was in the loop, too. The "guess who knew?" game keeps creeping closer to the White House door, and the "official" story seems to be changing almost hourly.  For instance, we also now know that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has known about this for months.  Acting IRS Commissioner Stephen Miller served up quite a few eye-opening remarks during today's testimony.  Among them was the explanation that a huge uptick in applications for tax-free status that coincided with the rise of the Tea Party is what precipitated the "efficiency/triage" targeting program.  One small problem:  There was no deluge of applicants during that time frame. 

Oh well, time to dream up another excuse.