Author Topic: Hyde Admendment  (Read 5422 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hyde Admendment
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment

If you don't want to fund abortion with your taxes , the hide amendment prevents this.

This is fragile , could be left off any year.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Hyde Admendment
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »
It should be dropped immediately.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:32:39 AM »
Why?

Is injury not enough without insult also?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:53:08 AM »
Hyde was a clown who overdosed on catechism and improperly installed into  the government of my country. He was against won=men and their rights, and so are his followers.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »
Perhaps there are just a lot of people that do not like the killing of innocents , tho this killing of innocents is often presented as a right unique to Women.

Seems to me that a lot of men have killed innocents also.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 03:49:42 AM »
No human is innocent according to the Bible.  All are conceived in sin. I am not making this up. Study your Bible and quit it with the "innocent" crap.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »
No human is innocent according to the Bible.  All are conceived in sin. I am not making this up. Study your Bible and quit it with the "innocent" crap.

It is never wrong to seek wisdom where wisdom is found , to me that is the Bible. I also respect righteous words and people who try to make wisdom easy to understand even if unrelated to the Bible.

Why does what the Bible says make a difference to you?

And how do you get it so backwards?

Try Biblegateway, it is a good concordance and is searchable , that saves a lot of time.

2 The Lord sent Babylonian, Aramean, Moabite and Ammonite raiders against him to destroy Judah, in accordance with the word of the Lord proclaimed by his servants the prophets. 3 Surely these things happened to Judah according to the Lord’s command, in order to remove them from his presence because of the sins of Manasseh and all he had done, 4 including the shedding of innocent blood. For he had filled Jerusalem with innocent blood, and the Lord was not willing to forgive.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Kings+24&version=NIV

Psalm 106:38
They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood.

Proverbs 1:11
If they say, “Come along with us; let’s lie in wait for innocent blood, let’s ambush some harmless soul;...

Proverbs 6:16-18

There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,
        a lying tongue,
        hands that shed innocent blood,
        a heart that devises wicked schemes,
        feet that are quick to rush into evil,.....

Isaiah 59:7
Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed innocent blood. They pursue evil schemes; acts of violence mark their ways.

Jeremiah 7:6
if you do not oppress the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm,

Jeremiah 19:4
For they have forsaken me and made this a place of foreign gods; they have burned incense in it to gods that neither they nor their ancestors nor the kings of Judah ever knew, and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent.

Jeremiah 22:3
This is what the Lord says: Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place.

Jeremiah 22:17
“But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain, on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion.”

Joel 3:21
Shall I leave their innocent blood unavenged? No, I will not.” The Lord dwells in Zion!

Matthew 27:4
“I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.” “What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.”

Matthew 27:24
When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=innocent blood&version1=NIV&searchtype=all&limit=none&wholewordsonly=no

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »
I categorically reject the notion that the Bible is the word of God. I think that the authors were sincere, but quite often full of it. They were full of it almost as often as they were wise.

The doctrine of Original Sin is an essential part of the Christian religion.  If all were not conceived in sin, then all would not require salvation. Son there are no "innocent souls" at all.

The fact that you can quote Old Testament verses that suggest otherwise simply indicates that the Bible contradicts itself.  It does this very often.

That is illogical to believe that the Bible is the Word of God. It can't be. And it isn't.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 11:11:27 PM »
I included two New Testament verses as well.

I must rather believe that the Bible is contradictory than that you don't understand it?

Why did you bring up the Bible and suggest that I study it more deeply if you neither respect nor understand it yourself?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 12:33:09 AM »
Excellent question
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 06:34:44 AM »
I suggest that you are incapable of really studying the Bible in any scientific manner. It clearly contradicts itself again and again, and to say that anyone that sees this does not understand it is like saying that one who says the Earth is a sphere does not understand all the writings of Flat-Earthers over the years.

Biblical "study" is not study in any real sense of the word, because it starts with the premise that the Bible is the word of God, and studying it only requires that we explain away all the obvious contradictions as simply poor understanding.

Science demands that truth is found only when the BASIC PREMISE is challenged.

Let us assume that the Earth is perhaps a sphere, and attempt to disprove it.

Let us assume that the Earth revolves around the Sun and attempt to disprove it.

Let us assume that the Bible is a just a compendium of ancient Jewish lore,  a merger of Mythricism, mysticism and Egyptian legends and astrology and attempt to disprove that.

The evidence that the Bible could not possibly be the word of God is overfuckingwhelming.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

======================================================
So big deal, you did a search on the word "innocent" in a Bible concordance. Pilate saying that he thought that Jesus was innocent has nothing whatever to do with the matter of Original Sin.

Bible concordances are NOT any sort of logical or scientific documents. The assumption of every Bible concordance is that each assumes that the Bible is the word of God, and seeks to explain why stuff that sounds contradictory, confusing or just downright hateful and/or stupid is really entire;ly the word of God after all.

You could write a Flat Earth Concordance or a human centric concordance and fill it with a bunch of silly quotes as well, and neither of them would be logical or useful in any way, either.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »
  I was quite willing to discuss the abortion issue without referenced to scripture , you suggested that it was supporting your argument.

You shouldn't now disavow the evidence source you have introduced.

The Bible has very few real contradictions, Jesus was really and truly entirely innocent , so much so that Pilate realized it, then he failed his duty to justice.

Some things are put forward as contradictions which aren't at all , and some contradictions are really there , but more as food for thought than mistakes.

Innocence is an abstract concept that the Bible helps explain, how could one be intrinsically innocent? That someone , just one, has lived a human life without sin , and that all others need to be ransomed with a price none other could pay , is very important to Christianity.

That there is no such thing as a murder because there are no innocents is a severe contortion of what the scriptures are trying to convey.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
The Bible is chock full of contradictions. All you have to do is do a search on the words "Bible" and "contradictions".

What I meant was that sirs continually ranting about "innocent life" is contrary to one of the main beliefs of Christianity: Original Sin.

Everyone, according to this doctrine is CONCEIVED in sin, due to Adam & Eve making poor a poor dietary choice. Without Original Sin, Jesus is unnecessary to everyone.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »
  Two quibbles here.

Please keep track of which of us is Sirs and which is Plane.

Plane brought up innocence , XO brought up scripture.

If you would like to discuss something in particular, lets focus.

I think that scripture is not firmly in favor of murder on the grounds that we all deserve it from the first moment , if you really want that argument you may have it , but remember that nobody gave it to you but yourself.