Author Topic: Speaking of tolerance....  (Read 1503 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Speaking of tolerance....
« on: May 14, 2014, 11:58:48 AM »
They attacked Tim Tebow for talking about faith, but they praise Michael Sam for being gay?

Does the media have two different definitions when talking about tolerance?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Speaking of tolerance....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »
I don't care about this. Why should anyone?

The media prints what they think will draw readers and viewers.

You might as well be complaining about Toyota ads vs Honda ads, or  fussing about how Super K says it tastes better than Cheerios, but in reality does not.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »
I don't care about this. Why should anyone?

Which begs the question, why should you care what anyone else cares??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
but was it a attack?

I`m aware of his faith but not anything negative. I`m also aware of Jeremy lin`s faith and he`s very open about it by  saying god 1st ,family 2nd & basketball 3rd. but no attacks on that matter

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:58:54 PM »
Why should anyone care if a jock kneels in the stadium?

Why should anyone care if a different other jock prefers men to women?

How could either or both of these have any effect on any normal person?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 01:02:27 PM »
Why should you care what anyone else cares??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »
Are you telling me that I have no right to an opinion?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
That's a completely different topic now, isn't it.  You can think & spew anything you want.  The question that you're misdirecting currently is what's it to you what anyone else cares??  That has little to do with an opinion on a topic, and far more to do with your mindset that somehow, other people should not be allowed to care about something that apparently you've deemed doesn't warrant said care/concern.  By what right gives you the authority to determine what anyone else should care about??

For instance, what conservative, be it some pundit or even here in the saloon, has ever proclaimed that everyone else shouldn't care about (insert whatever political/hot topic here)  I'll give you a hint, NO ONE has.  Conservatives welcome different POV's.  It's the left and like minds such as yours that demonstrates an utter contempt for opposing POV's...the epitime of intolerance.  It's one thing to disagree.  It's quite another to try and shut opposing POV down, by instead of refuting it, trying to portray it as "racist", or "hateful", or that no one else should care

So, the suggestion, that has been made multiple times, not just by myself, but other well respected folks, is to ditch the derrogatory digs, and try practicing what the left supposedly preaches.....tolerance.  So far its nothing but talk, with a whole ocean filled host of examples, of the polar opposite

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 12:28:31 AM »
Are you telling me that I have no right to an opinion?

As long as my own right to an opinion is equal, no problems.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 10:11:33 PM »
I am saying that gay athletes and praying athletes are entitled to do exactly as they please. It does not bother me nor enthrall me.

It probably takes more guts to admit to the teammates and the fans that you are gay. Not long ago, if a pro ball player was even suspected of being gay, they were out of a job. I don't think prayoing has ever resulted in getting fired from the team, ever.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 03:11:47 AM »
I am saying that gay athletes and praying athletes are entitled to do exactly as they please. It does not bother me nor enthrall me.

That opinion is perfectly fine, but that's not all you said.  You went the extra mile to claim how no one else should care.  That's the issue I'm taking up, not that you can't have an opinion, but why should you care what anyone else cares?  What's it to you, how I, or Plane, or Kimba, or Bt, or even Dave care??  Is there some sort of defect if we don't agree in what you deem worthy to be cared about, or not to be cared about?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 03:39:50 AM »
They attacked Tim Tebow for talking about faith, but they praise Michael Sam for being gay?

Does the media have two different definitions when talking about tolerance?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 04:35:17 AM »
I asked my more sports minded friend and what he says about tebow  though true the media blew it up the difference is that he was trying to recruit people into his faith and that`s the cause of his conflict. remember many players are Christian but tebow went further on the matter.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »
With all due respect Kimba, no he wasn't.  I'm about as "sports minded" as they come, and at no time was he ever proselytizing.  He merely performed his own version of kissing another man....that of kneeling and praying.  That's not "recruiting", that's called exemplifying, and an example all Christians are encouraged to do, as it simply lets others now how comfortable you are with your own faith.  Nothing more.  Your more sports minded friend should know the difference