Author Topic: Same propaganda.....different name  (Read 8885 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Same propaganda.....different name
« on: September 23, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »
Gobal Cooling/next ice age --> Global Warming --> Climate Change --> *drum roll*.... Climate Disruption

Start counting how often you start hearing this term used.  Climate Change apparently doesn't have enough built in emotional chaos connected to it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Same propaganda.....different name
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
Whatever they call it, it exists and is a problem that we should address and are not addressing.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:09:26 PM »
Whatever it is, its in no way a conclusion that man is the cause of the changes in climate, from year to year.  Its no more a "problem" as is the rising and the setting of the sun. 

By all means, we should be good stewards, but until you get the folks in China & India to actually do something, much like we've already done, no amount of economically bankrupting this country will do a thing to change mother nature
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »
We have successfully reduced the hole in the ozone layer by ceasing to use Freon 12, so that is simply untrue.

What man does, man can undo.

And it would not bankrupt the country, either, that is just Big Oil and Big Coal propaganda.

When you can buy beachfront property in Bakersfield, then perhaps you will believe.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »
What man can do dwarfes in comparison of what mother nature can do.  And yes it would speed up the banrupting of the country to try and do anything to tweak the overall temperatures, given the parameters that folks like Obama are pledging to want to do, when it will be less than negligibe, when you factor in that the biggest "polluters", China & India are left to their own devices.

And what's really irksome is these high maintenance, think-they-know-it-alls, will fly thousands of thousands of miles, mostly in private jets, live in huge estates, and have a collosal carbon footprint, then lecture the rest of us about how we need to ride a bike, take buses, and cattle-up when flying.  The epitome of hypocrisy.  And don't get me started on their trying to get away with them "buying carbon offsets".  That's a level of rank hypocrisy, not often scene

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:26:10 PM »
Yeah, everyone is a hypocrite except people like  you, sirs.

You should try one of those bus trips to London.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 11:49:17 PM »
Nice to know how none of what I was saying apparently couldn't be refuted.  Thanks

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 07:50:20 AM »
You are such a pleasant person, sirs.

Continue to think that you are right about everything as you exalt in your own prickishness.

Go speak some volumes. Practice pricelessness.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »
Until folks like yourself can factually demonstrate where I'm wrong vs the knee jerk insults, I guess that defacto reinforces that I must have been right, about whatever issue or point that happens to be being discussed at that given time, doesn't it.  Again, I appreciate your assistance in that endeavor

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »
Actually you are in agreement with President Obama, who also says that there should be no exemptions or special deals with countries like China, Brazil, India and Indonesia.

The less Carbon Dioxide that is spewed into the environment, the better.

To say that "I shall continue to pee in the punchbowl until no one is peeing in the punchbowl" is idiotic.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »
Well, considering that's not my position about exemptions, does not put me in Obama's camp.  I merely referenced that anything without China & India on board, accomplishes squat....especially when you add the financial hardship upon our citizens, in some vain effort to make the supposed know-it-alls, feel better.  Hardly the punchbowl anaolgy.  If you want to stop the greatest contributer to carbon dioxide only requires you to look into a mirror.  Humans produce far more carbon dixode that any particular industry.  So, if you wish to do your part, by all means, hold your breath...and the better off we'll all be

All sarcasm aside, the hypocrisy meter is still rank, as it relates to those who preach any/all forms of public transportation and biking, while they take their private gets to all places across the globe, and stay in multi story, 12+ bedroom estates.  That level of hypocrisy, you obviously couldn't touch, so came the knee jerk insults insteady.  Bravo

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 02:18:26 PM »
Barak and sirs are sitting in a tree.
Kay-Eye-ess-ess-eye-en-gee!.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »
See what I mean?  Can't apparently refute the point, so instead of trying to dialog respectfully, you pull out the juvenille snarks, and then twistingly complain that I'm the cause of it.  I mean, how old are you.........4?     :o

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »
...not to mention Obama would never be able to climb a tree    ;D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »