Author Topic: The open borders crowd VS THE PEOPLE!  (Read 1344 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The open borders crowd VS THE PEOPLE!
« on: December 05, 2014, 10:19:14 AM »
Sweden has long been an exemplar for other European countries on policy matters, whether its famed social model or how to deal with
a financial crisis. But this week's political turmoil in Stockholm risks turning Sweden into a harbinger of the instability populist parties are able to wreak in Europe.

The anti-immigration Sweden Democrats have succeeded in toppling the centre-left government after just two months in power,
meaning Sweden will have its first mid-term elections in more than half a century.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/ad6ad79c-7bad-11e4-b6ab-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3L29PSas2
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The open borders crowd VS THE PEOPLE!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
Yeah, all them Ay-rabs should stay in Arabia or be taken out and shot. I am sure that this causes you great merriment.

By the way "Christians" a lot of those Syrians are Christians, just as you purport to be.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:53:17 AM »
Yeah, all them Ay-rabs should stay in Arabia or be taken out and shot. I am sure that this causes you great merriment.

SIRS STRAW MAN ALERT!

By the way "Christians" a lot of those Syrians are Christians, just as you purport to be.

#1.
Wrong again.
I do not "pupport to be a Christian", because I think righteousness is not confined to one entity.
I am no more or less a Christian vs. a Buddhist.
I happened to be raised a Christian, attended Christian schools, so there is connection, but it is not one that limits me.

#2.
I hardly care what religion someone is....if there is no room there is no room...no matter what religion they are.
So you see....your attempts to guilt me or force me to drop logic because of familiarity does not hold water.
Borders serve a just purpose as does National Sovereignty.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 01:26:56 PM »
So really you do not think that Jesus was all that much into "less government".

I am all for the Swedes deciding what to do with their own country. They have been doing a pretty good job of it since the end of the Great Northern War.
I do not see where Syrian refugees in Sweden have much to do with this country.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »
So really you do not think that Jesus was all that much into "less government".

I would assume Jesus would always take the righteous path.
More gvt does not equate to righteousness.
More gvt usually leads to more corruption/more bribery/more centered power so I doubt he would support "more gvt".
Gvt is many times involved in what a certain groups thinks is right,
which leads to"forced charity", which is really not charity at all if it is forced.
Charity and giving should be from the heart, not at gunpoint.

I do not see where Syrian refugees in Sweden have much to do with this country.

SIRS STRAW MAN ALERT!

The people in various Western Countries fighting back against "one-worlders"
that see uncontrolled immigration as a way to achieve borderless nation-states
has a lot to with this country's struggle against the same evil intentions.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 03:59:08 PM »
If you oppose "one worlders" exactly what are you? Someone who believes that humans live on several different worlds?

Jesus was opposed to Roman rule. The righteous path for Jesus might well have involved women wearing veils, men covering their legs, coins with no human figures on them,  Ordinances against ham, cheeseburgers and bacon, and government regulation of the exchange rate for coinage. Maybe even a lwa requiring figs to bear fruit out of season.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »
The Righteous path Jesus would have adocated would not have mandated any such wardrobe requirements or food restrictions/odinances.  The only "laws" would be adhering to the 10 commandments, to the best of one's abilities, and putting no other god before the father of Christ.  In other words, Christ wold not have supported any such "Government".  People would have the freedom to choose to walk a Christ-like path.......or not.  They wouldn't be mandated to do anything however
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »
If you oppose "one worlders" exactly what are you? Someone who believes that humans live on several different worlds?

yes people in fact do live in "different worlds".
the world I live in is quite different from the world a North Korean lives in.
I oppose one world for many reason, but the basline is that I appreciate that different people want to live in different worlds.
One world would result in basically one world government.
I do not think that would be a good thing.
I know the Left probably does think one world gvt is a realistic long term ultimate goal
because they naively think that injustices could be better attacked via a mega-strong one world gvt.
I on the other hand believe it results in less innovation & thus a slower path to improving the quality of life of human beings.
I think Apple, Cisco, Palo Alto, free enterprise, etc....are the primary answers to human improvement.....you think big gvt is.
We disagree.....but in "multi-worlds" it works...because I can do my thing and you can do yours....one world = less freedom/more control

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

Jesus was opposed to Roman rule.

Oh?

I didn't know that.

Can you cite a quote relevant to this?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 08:22:03 PM »
Are you going to tell me that Jesus was all for the Romans?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »
Are you going to tell me that Jesus was all for the Romans?

You just told me he was against them, if you can tell me why you think so I will have some new knowledge .

Or a point to argue , which is also good.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 05:33:46 PM »
It would be GREAT if Sweden were a model for all the countries of Europe  the entire world.
Sweden has not fought a war since the late 1700's.

Calling for new elections is hardly "political turmoil". In the US, the hoopla before elections with all the lies and stupid 30 minute spots is far more turmoil than anything that happens in Sweden.

The Swedes will decide for themselves what their policies will be. I doubt it will have much influence anywhere else, since this rarely happens.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
It would be GREAT if Sweden were a model for all the countries of Europe  the entire world.
Sweden has not fought a war since the late 1700's.

The truth about the Nazis is that they were full of themselves and not as smart or brave as they liked to pretend, if they thought they were going to face all the nations together that they planned to attack one by one they would have never had the nerve.

Sweden has about as much virtue in this respect as does the Soviet Union, the Soviets had a plan to never go to war against the Nazis also.
      I speculate that the Nazis , if they had won against the allies would have taken what they wanted from the Neutrals. The Nazis would I suppose have given the Swedish neutrality the same respect that they had given the Soviet non aggression agreement.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »
Government is a tool, just as companies and corporations are tools. Capitalism is also a tool, a method for development. Government does many jobs better than for-profit entities, certainly in building roads and bridges, paving streets, and providing water. In areas in which competition is not really possible, a well-structured government entity is often superior. Without the US government, there would be no interstate highways or Alaska Railroad.

At no point have I ever advocated that the government should run enterprises in which free competition is  possible. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 07:53:48 AM »
If you thing about it,it's unfair that jesus doesn't have a grudge with romans since it was a roman that killed him. But folks will sau right away jews set the romans up so they go scott free.

Always blame the jews.