Author Topic: The economic miracle in Texas continues!  (Read 3483 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The economic miracle in Texas continues!
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »

Texas job growth outpaces rest of U.S. combined

BY JASON RUSSELL  DECEMBER 19, 2014

Photo - Since the recession began in December 2007, 1.2 million net jobs have been created in Texas.

Since the recession began in December 2007, 1.2 million net jobs have been created in Texas.

The economic miracle in Texas continues.

Since the recession began in December 2007, 1.2 million net jobs have been created in Texas. Only 700,000 net jobs have been created in the other 49 states combined.

The remarkable employment growth in Texas looks even bigger considering its size relative to the rest of the U.S. Total non-farm employment has grown by 11.5 percent in Texas since December 2007. Employment in the rest of the United States has grown only 0.6 percent. Until September 2014, total employment growth in the rest of the United States since December 2007 was still negative.

Only North Dakota has outpaced Texas on percent job growth, thanks to jobs created by the fracking revolution. California, Texas' biggest economic rival, has created 985,600 fewer net jobs during the same period. California's 1.5 percent job growth is ten percentage points lower than Texas' percent job growth.

These data have been updated to include state employment numbers released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Current Employment Statistics data series.

Why is Texas such a great state for job creation?

For starters, Texas does not collect an individual income tax or a corporate income tax. It does collect a gross receipts tax. Still, the Tax Foundation's 2015 State Business Tax Climate Index says Texas has the tenth best business tax climate in the U.S.

Texas has one of the highest sales taxes in the nation to make up for lost income tax revenue. The combined state and average local sales tax rate of 8.15 percent is 11th highest in the nation. However, sales taxes are more efficient than income taxes, since they don't punish work.

Texas is also a right-to-work state, which studies have shown is better for the economy. Texas is the freest labor market in the country, according to the Mercatus Center. Their labor market freedom rankings include right-to-work status, in addition to minimum wage laws and workers compensation regulations, among other factors.

All these factors explain why Texas was ranked number one in economic performance in 2014 by the American Legislative Exchange Council. Texas performs highly in migration, employment and state gross domestic product.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/texas-job-growth-outpaces-rest-of-u.s.-combined/article/2557660
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The economic miracle in Texas continues!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:01:53 AM »
now the next stage is to retain those people to settle down there. remember even Texans prefer living in California over their place of birth.  the climate is just not easy to deal with over there. California is just simply not affordable .

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:55 AM »
lots of people....not just Texans....
would like to live in places like Hawaii, Aspen, Branson, or Telluride
but it's not practical
my nephew lives in Lancaster, California
it's a high crime...hot as Texas...shithole
not all of California is Napa

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
I`d prefer Hawaii. Kauai I think. but only when I totally don`t need an income.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
  Texas is big enough to usually have two climates going on.

But I am so accustomed to Georgia that I would feel too dry almost anywhere else.

Maybe Florida where it is even more rainy.

As a civil servant I could be reassigned just about anywhere, but where I am is actually where I am cheaper for the government to employ than almost anywhere else.

Looking at the facts , were I planning to start or expand a business , or even move one , what would any state do to attract me away from the advantages of Texas?

Texas is the most competitive place to move to, as long as we do not count Ireland or Canada where the federal business taxes are more reasonable. 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »
The best climates I know of are Honolulu and the Andean cities of Cuenca, Loja and Vilcabamba, in Ecuador.
Las Terrenas, on the SamanĂ¡ peninsula in the Dominican Republic has the best beaches, and a pretty nice climate as well.

Texas is far too hot in the Summer.

It also has the poorest counties in the country along the border. And dolts who elect bigger dolts like Ted Cruz and Rick Perry.

But I do like Willie Nelson.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »

..................But I do like Willie Nelson.

There may be hope.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 04:11:03 PM »
There may be hope.

And some of the prettiest women on the planet.
Sure there are pretty girls everywhere,
But the more I travel the more I appreciate how gorgeous the Texas women are.
When I was in San Fran over Thanksgiving, unlike many other places I've been San Fran
was not lacking in beautiful women....of course they don't have the added southern drawl bonus.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:55 PM »
I love the illogic.

Obama is to blame for unemployment, but Texas gets all the credit for any increase in employment.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
I do give credit texas is the number one producers of pagent winners. but it`s not that san Francisco don`t have attractive people it`s just that we`re by california standards the coldest people meaning the least responsive. it`s so bad there the women actually believe men are getting ruder to them but it`s really that men simply learn to not bother . for over two decades I very rarely give compliments and it really angers them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 01:08:15 AM »
I love the illogic.

Obama is to blame for unemployment, but Texas gets all the credit for any increase in employment.

Is it illogic?

Is the recovery evenly spread nationwide?

Or is the recovery strongest and earliest in states that are the most co-operative with the Obama program?

Or is the recovery strongest and earliest in states that can ignore the Obama impediment?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 09:23:37 AM »
It is entirely unrelated. Texas has recovered faster from the Juniorbush recession because Texas has doubled its production of oil by fracking. More money means more jobs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »
Is the recovery evenly spread nationwide?

Or is the recovery strongest and earliest in states that are the most co-operative with the Obama program?

Or is the recovery strongest and earliest in states that can ignore the Obama impediment?

It is entirely unrelated.

LOL....damn facts
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »
To be fair, we should compare the per capita monthly income of Texans with those in other states.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »
It is entirely unrelated. Texas has recovered faster from the Juniorbush recession because Texas
has doubled its production of oil by fracking. More money means more jobs.

Yeah fracking is the reason Toyota is moving here!