Author Topic: Oh I am sure Obama would like this....  (Read 2200 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Oh I am sure Obama would like this....
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:27:15 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Oh I am sure Obama would like this....
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 10:23:38 AM »
Is there an Islamic bakery in Phoenix?

No one is going to order a "Mohammad Cartoon Cake", just as no one orders a "Jesus Cartoon Cake".

Making political statements with pastry is dumb.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:48:42 PM »
a Catholic priest has come up with a simple solution that, if adopted nationally, likely could end much of the gay and left-wing offensive in this realm.

Simply, accept all business from gays and tell them that the money will be donated to a traditional pro-family lobby or organization. And if your business is catering, for instance, show up at the gay wedding wearing a Cross necklace, a Bible-pin on your lapel, and a Bible verse embroidered on your uniform that expresses your morality, such as Mark 10:6-7, "But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife."

As Fr. John Zuhlsdorf explains in his Apr. 2 blog post

"Tell them that the food and services will be just fine.  And then inform them that all of the money that they pay for the services will be donated to a traditional pro-family lobby."

"If it is something like catering, where your employees have to be there to provide services, tell them that all your people will smile, be professional, and everyone of them will be wearing crucifixes and have the Holy Family embroidered on their uniforms," says Fr. Z.

"Then show them pictures of your uniforms," he writes.  "When the truck pulls up, speakers will be playing Immaculate Mary.  Show them the truck and play the music."

“Oh, you would be offended by that?  I’m so sorry," notes Fr. Z.  "You approached us because we are Christians. Right?  We are happy to provide services for you and we are grateful that you chose to come to our Christian catering business.  We just want to be of help.”

The priest continued, "Then tell them that you will take out an ad in the paper to let everyone know what you did with their money, thanking them by name for their business so that you could make the contribution."
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
Ha Ha SIRS......good one!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:31:54 AM »
Dumb.

It is stupid to argue about politics using pastry.

Unless pies are flung, it is not even fun to watch.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »
It's offensive and stupid to try and force a religious organization to perform job related functions at a venue that is against your religious convictions
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »
Since when are bakeries "religious organizations"?

Once you start a business to serve the public, it is open to all or to none.
LOTS of people thought that it was against their religions to serve Black and White people in the same restaurants.
God put Africans in Africa for a reason: he did not want them a-mixing with White folks.
Of course, none of the same White folks campaigned to get the Whites out of South Africa, They even sent White missionaries to Black countries.

They put up signs saying "We reserve the right to reserve service to anyone".

But it did not actually work. Bakeries and wedding halls are not religions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
Since when are bakeries "religious organizations"?

The issue is forcing an organization to perform functions at a venues that are counter their religious principals, not that they are some official leg of the church.  It's a stupid & offensive effort, when you target any Christian/Jewish/Islamic owned business to perform functions or perform at a function that is obviously against their religious beliefs.  Especially when those are but a minority of the businesses that cater to whatever it is someone is looking for them to perform.

So, if we're going to force them, because despite the plethora of other establishments, in this case, bakeries, who could perform just fine, said group wants the Christian owned one to cater their gay themed function, then there should be no problem that any Christian owned bakery can wear their crosses proudly, humm some hymns, and have scriptures embroidered on their uniforms.  Just be professional and courteous 

I love the idea of taking those profits and putting an ad in the local paper indicating that those profits are to be donated, in their name, to a professional pro-family, pro-life organization    8)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:41:59 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »
The ownership of a business should be of no practical concern. Price, performance and quality are all far more important.

You want to open the Jeezuz Bakery, go right ahead. I could give a shit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
The religion of who own's a business should be of no practical concern.  But if one is being picked out BECAUSE of its religious ownership, merely to force them to function at some venue that is against their basic religious principles, can't get more offensive, than that

I'm not into opening anything, Professor deflection.  This isn't about sirs wanting to open a business.  This is about letting people exercise their freedom of religion, without being foreced to act against it.  It's a 1st amendment kind of thing, which is why I could see why you'd have so much trouble with the concept

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 08:44:59 AM »
In what part of the Bible does it state "Thou shalt not decorate cakes for men who lie with other men"?

You are basically saying that people have a right to start a PUBLIC business and use it to enforce their bigotry.

Is there a right to bigotry?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
YES, THERE IS.  But if you try employing it as part of your business, you're going to go out of business REALLY fast

And no, I'm saying that people who start their own PRIVATE business, have every right to follow their religious doctrine.  Again, its a 1st amendment thing, which is why you're having such a hard time with the idea

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 06:37:14 PM »
There is nothing in the First Amendment that has one damns thing to do with wedding cakes.
There is nothing in ANY religion that tells people anything about how to honor a deity by peddling wedding cakes.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 06:53:42 PM »

Is there a right to bigotry?

If there is not, then someone has a right to define bigotry.

That is a strong power.