Author Topic: Eric Gerner's Estate gets $5.9 million from NYC  (Read 5807 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Eric Gerner's Estate gets $5.9 million from NYC
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »
Well, you complain about how no one was convicted of anything in this affair so wistfully, I was simply naming the alternatives. Perhaps they should chisel something about Garner peddling illegal untaxed cigarettes on his tombstone. Would THAT make you happy?

The Cith of New York clearly acknowledges that its employee the cop did something wrong. They are not wont to hand out $5.9 million to just anyone.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 03:22:29 PM »
I wasn't complaining about anything.  It's merely a fact that no one was indicted, charged, much less convicted for what amounts to a tragic accident.  Yet, you're the one who FALSELY tried to claim that some Jury awarded Eric Gerner's family 6 million for killing him over selling illegal cigaretters & resisting arrest.  Then you try to cover it up with moronic hyperbole about what I'd like seen done with Gerner's body

So stop acting like an idiot with that garbage.  Yes, the city, NOT a jury, acknowledged a tragic accident, and to keep the race hustlers from inciting more violence, settled out of court, to make it all go away
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »
"cover it up"? What the eff is wrong with you?

The city of New York knows that this idiot cop screwed up, and they are paying millions because of this.

I have nothing to do with this. How could I cover anything up?

The cop killed him or at least caused him to die.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 07:49:55 PM »
Yea, covering up your FALSE narrative (not anything to do with NYC) that this was some jury award for a cop killing someone for resisting arrest & selling illegal cigarettes.  It was nothing of the sort.  And when you got called on it, out came deflection 101 to argue some asanine notion about what I'd want done with Gerner's body.  What the effing is wrong with you??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 07:58:24 PM »
  I think that the settlement is an attempt to preempt a worse situation.

A repeal of the tax that set this up and made it inevitable would be another good idea.

Or should they keep the situation as it is until this reoccurs a few times?

Putting someone under arrest should not be considered trivial by the legislature, it is stressful even when done gently.

This picayune offense that Mr Gardener is supposed to have been doing , is just not worth nearly this much grief.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
Agreed.  And if Gerner had complied with the officer's instructions to start off with, perhaps the policy would less likely be in need of amending.  It shouldn't have come to someone tragically dying for that to happen however

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 08:05:03 PM »
It is impossible for me to "cover up" anything. I had nothing to do the Garner being killed, the cop being disciplined (if indeed he was), or the payment made.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »
  I think it well proven that the policeman did not choke Mr Garner.

I would like to find a Doctor or other expert in respiratory distress opinion , because I should not pretend to be an expert.

But neither should most of the pontificating members of the public ,

.......  regardless.....

The city and state required this arrest , it is wrong to place all the blame on their agent alone.

I am heartily sorry that Mr Garner did not live to make his anti tax argument in a court or in a large media forum, I liked the point that he was making , but he was making it to a person with no choice in his response.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 08:17:44 PM »
It is impossible for me to "cover up" anything. I had nothing to do the Garner being killed, the cop being disciplined (if indeed he was), or the payment made.

NOR DID I CLAIM YOU COVERED ANYTHING UP REGARDING THE GERNER DEATH, DR Deflection.  I MADE IT CRYSTAL CLEAR (3rd time now) that you're COVERING UP YOUR OWN FALSE IMPLICATION/NARRATIVE that this was some jury award for a cop killing Gerner for selling illegal cigarettes & resisting arrest. 

When that was brought to your attention, you covered it up by quickly changing subjects in trying to lay some idiotic notion of what I'd want to have done with Gerner's body

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »
So, what would you want to do with Garner's body?

You seem to be "covering up" your answer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »
I HAVE NO INTEREST IN GERNER'S BODY.  WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK I WOULD??  YOU'RE THE ONE THAT INJECTED THAT INTO THE THREAD 

Like I recommended earlier, stop showcasing this idiot streak you're currently running

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 08:37:05 PM »
Stop covering up stuff, sirs. We are all onto you. You aren't any good at it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 08:38:47 PM »
Moving right on to idiot squared now.  Well, you have that right to make an ass of yourself.  Go for it

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »
You are plunging into incoherency, sirs.

I agree that arresting people for selling single cigarettes is inappropriate. Both the law and the prosecution of it were harmful.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 02:28:30 PM »
You are plunging into incoherency, sirs.

I'm not the one who introduced or became obsessed with Garner's body.  If he had only complied with lawful instructions, he'd be alive today.....to sell something else illegal, I suppose.