Author Topic: Shooting on live TV  (Read 3022 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shooting on live TV
« on: August 26, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »
How fast do we think that Gov McAuliffe is going to turn this tragedy into another gun control rant??

Not only happening on live TV, but apparenty the shooter was videoing himself in a 1st person format, brandising his gun, that no one apparently saw he had, until he brought it up a 2nd time and started shooting.  Very sick fella
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Shooting on live TV
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »
Imagine a "gun control rant" after a shooting! The governor should have encouraged Virginians to go out and buy MORE GUNS to protect themselves from this sort of thing.

In related news events, no Japanese, French, German, Dutch, Nowegian, Spanish,  Taiwanese, Portuguese, Swiss, Italian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, British, Irish or even Polish people were shot today by gun nuts.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »
Imagine a "gun control rant" after a shooting! The governor should have encouraged Virginians to go out and buy MORE GUNS to protect themselves from this sort of thing.

You're catching on.  The only good news to come out of this tragedy is knowing that for these 2 lives taken, 10-20 lives were saved elsewhere in the country, using a firearm

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:27:18 PM »
Not that you could name even one.

Meanwhile in Japan, no one was shot, no one was prevented from being shot with a gun.

At the end of the year, in a typical year 10.62 deaths per 100,000 in the US, and 0.0 in Japan.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
Why would I personally need to know someone who was saved?  I'm comfortable knowing that in this country, more lives are saved with a firearm, than those who are tragically taken by one, like today

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »
Whereas, in fact, you do not know diddly-squat.

You just ASSUME that good gun nuts are saving twenty lives a day, every day.

You ought to personally be able to name at least on in twenty. 
Shit, we might as well be discussing how many cavities were prevented by Crest.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
What I know, is backed up by the facts.  I don't assume anything

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 11:54:19 PM »

In related news events, no Japanese, French, German, Dutch, Nowegian, Spanish,  Taiwanese, Portuguese, Swiss, Italian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, British, Irish or even Polish people were shot today by gun nuts.

Maybe. But I understand several were shot in a Gypsy camp in northern France yesterday. Did you really confirm this claim, or just make it up out of whole cloth? I suspect you never checked.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 03:31:56 AM »
So once again,  what law is being pushed currently that WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS TRAGEDY?  He apparently passes the left's vaunted background check demand? 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 05:04:23 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/influence-of-other-killers-on-va-gunman-not-unusual-experts-say/ar-BBm82rz
Pathetic man explains his thinking, pathetically.
Vester Lee Flanagan, who fatally shot himself after killing two local journalists on-air near Roanoke, Va., faxed a 23-page letter to ABC News on Wednesday morning that said he put down a deposit for a gun two days after the Charleston shooting at a historic black church more than two months ago.

In the letter, which ABC released excerpts from and has turned over to authorities, Flanagan referenced comments made by Dylann Roof, the suspect in the Charleston shooting, in which he said he was trying to create a “race war.”

“The church shooting was the tipping point … but my anger has been building steadily,” Flanagan wrote. “I’ve been a human powder keg for a while … just
waiting to go BOOM!!!!”

Flanagan killed Alison Parker, 24, and Adam Ward, 27, both journalists at  WDBJ7-TV, where Flanagan worked before being fired for anger issues in 2013. 

Flanagan also wrote in the letter that he was influenced by Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech mass gunman who killed 32 people in 2007, calling him “his boy.” He said Cho “got NEARLY double the amount” of people that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed at Columbine High School. Harris and Klebold killed 13 people in 1999.

It’s not unusual for murders to emulate and idolize others, said James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University. He said other people’s actions set a precedent for them. He added media attention is not the main reason for these kind of attacks, though it is a fringe benefit.

“They see themselves as the good guy who’s trying to right a wrong, who’s trying to stand up against racism, against bigotry, against injustice and they...........

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:17 PM »
So once again,  what law is being pushed currently that WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS TRAGEDY?  He apparently passes the left's vaunted background check demand?

Didn't think so

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 09:26:56 AM »
Don't sell guns to people with anger issues.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 10:22:11 AM »
Good luck trying to make a law out of that?  Define "anger issues", and who gets to make that legal decision, just for starters?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »
I do not think that it is disputed that he was fired for anger issues.

But I realize that you would support his right to buy a gun.