Author Topic: it may be racist...but it's still funny as hell! :)  (Read 3663 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
it may be racist...but it's still funny as hell! :)
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: it may be racist...but it's still funny as hell! :)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »
Black Men are more likely to steal beard dye?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:52:35 PM »

I guess....still find it hard to believe this could be real.

President Obama with Teleprompter: "Trick or Treat"
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 12:15:49 AM »

Stores only go that extra effort based on the circumstances they're dealing with
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »
It is rather ridiculous to believe that Black men require a different dye for their beards than anyone else. It is even ridiculous that men need a different hair dye than women.

This may simply indicate that some store manager THINKS Black men will steal this product. Most shoplifters are women, by the way. All the WalMarts in my area lock up the condums and the expensive razors and blades.

It is routine for clerks to get orders from the mangers to follow Black people around the store. But age is a much more significant factor for shoplifters.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 12:35:26 PM »
What you believe ridiculous or not is irrelevent.  Products are frequently made for specific gender & racial demographics....IF there's a market for it.  If there weren't, they would quickly be pulled from the shelves.  And the only reason such security measure would be placed on a specific object, is because apparently its being shoplifted at a far greater frequency, than anything else.  You don't go the extra time and EXPENSE, to put something on an object that someone thinks might get stolen more      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »
So jewelry stores lock up their diamonds in cases just because of previous thefts?

You think that store managers are far more clever than they really are. There is no major extra expense to putting a product in a plastic case UNLESS the customer runs off with the whole thing case and all, and busts into at home with a hammer. When the customer buys the product, the case is left at the store and reused.

As a rule, stores have a microchip in all frequently stolen items (CDs, pregnancy tests, expensive razors) that sound an alarm if they leave the store without being passed over the checkout computer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »
Now you're trying to compare apples & oranges.  Expensive jewelry is locked up because ....wait for it.....THEY'RE EXPENSIVE.  It justifies the expense to put them ALL behind some form or security

What I think about store managers is irrelevent.  Retail is all about making money.  If some object is stolen more than another, than a store needs to determine what's more cost effective....letting the thefts continue, hiring more security, and/or placing some security around the item(s) that apparently are more often stolen than others, resulting in a negative cash flow.  If its more cost effective to put a rather INEXPENSIVE item in some form of security container vs trying to microchip everything, that's what they're going to do

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »
Every DVD and CD has a microchip. There are two types. One is contained in a 1'' X ΒΌ'' piece of plastic, usually black, glued inside the DVD or CD case. The other type hides under a paper label and has  a spiral of heavy aluminum foil around it. These things are installed by the manufacturer and the cost is probably less than a nickel. These are made to be unnoticeable, so you probably have not noticed them.

I suppose the plastic case might be to prevent someone from removing the chip inside the store. It is also possible that the Black beard dye was made before they installed chips. Like a lot of merchandise, hair dye is a product that has no real shelf life: it stays on the shelf until it is sold. In this case, the plastic box may have been on all the beard dye, and the dye for White guys sold first and was replaced first.

There is more than one reason why this is in the box. That is all I am saying.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »
DVD's and CD's are something anyone might steal.  There's only a very small demographic that might want to steal beard coloring for those of African decsent.  One more time, it's all based on cost assessment.  If it costs less to provide secure packaging for 1 particular product that has a propensity for being stolen, vs microchipping everything, that's what they're going to do.  Not to mention you're making my point, in that there are credible reasons why the packaging/security, outside of the knee jerk must be racist insinuation. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:38:35 PM by sirs »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 08:55:05 PM »
Well when comes to matters of cosmetics somethings are racial specfic. As an asian i learned along time ago that my hair is the second hardest to cut. Blacks hits number one. So beard dye theft might not be strange. In my area razor blades are locked also.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 11:58:14 PM »
Well when comes to matters of cosmetics somethings are racial specfic.

That's what I was saying.  Apparently someone thinks that its bogus for racial specific items to be manufactured

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 12:21:40 AM »
only recently i bought pants from china made for the sale over there and it fit better than anything I`ve ever worn. basicly saying I got an asian body and clothes made for people here has never ever fit right for me.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 01:02:34 PM »
I agree that clothes are made to fit specific people. Americans have bigger butts than Chinese. Black Americans have much larger butts on average.

It used to be that shoes came in several widths: A, B, C, D, E, EE. But lately the length is all you need, and they fit just as well, if not better than they used to in the 1950's. I guess they are better at shoe design than they used to be.

Hair dye is almost certainly the same for everyone. The best hair dye for the money, I have heard from both White and Black women is Bigen, which is made in Japan, I assume for the Japanese market.  Bigen sells its dye in small bottles, while other brands put a small bottle in a large box. This gives them more shelf space and apparently more sales. Women buy one brand when they use it themselves, and normally leave it up to the hairdresser when they have it donr.

It just a marketing ploy in many cases to make gender and race specific products . Marketing ploys are logically bogus, but they sell because people are not logical.

I observe that there have been few attempts to sell race specific deodorants, though there are a lot of people who think people of the other race smell worse. I suspect that this belief is the reason why this has not been a successful marketing ploy.

My experience is that people smell one way or another because of what they eat. If you are a vegetarian, you tend to stink a lot less. There is a significant difference between crowded buses in the summer in Argentina (where people eat lots of beef) and Mexico (where the poor don't eat much meat).

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
I agree that clothes are made to fit specific people. Americans have bigger butts than Chinese. Black Americans have much larger butts on average.

LOL...I can only imagine the outrage if a conservative Republican had made the same statement

Hair dye is almost certainly the same for everyone.

And you know this......how again?

It just a marketing ploy in many cases to make gender and race specific products . Marketing ploys are logically bogus, but they sell because people are not logical.

So...now blacks not only have bigger butts, but are also illogical.  Wow, you're on a roll

I observe that there have been few attempts to sell race specific deodorants, though there are a lot of people who think people of the other race smell worse.

And who thinks/believes that??  You again?  So now Blacks have bigger butts, are illogical, and smell worse?