Author Topic: Chimera  (Read 2377 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chimera
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/01/human-pig-hybrid-embryo-chimera-organs-health-science/

So it is possible to create a pig that has a human immune system and various human organs.

This creature can provide you with a transplantable organ and smoked ham also.

What could possibly go wrong?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Chimera
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 10:46:34 AM »
would a Muslim accept an organ from a pig?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:15:09 PM »
  I don't know about them , I am a little queasy about it myself.

I guess a lot depends on what the alternatives are.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »
I have friends from pakistan and i asked would he take a pig valve if he needed it for his heart. He just could not accept at that moment its his only option. I had different talks about pigs as a option in saving life with the same result an unacceptance of using pigs for life saving situations. They just cannot entertain the notion.

The final answer is yes they can use pig to save thier life and it would not violate thier belief but many would simply decline which is a sin but a forgivable one.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 06:51:10 PM »
  Pigs have been used for parts for a long time now, the new part is how they can build a partly human pig.

It could even be customized to the need of a particular patient , having a human blood type that matches the patient, having a fresh copy of an organ grown from the sample taken from the patient.

I hope this has a limit somewhere short of pigs that agree with their human counterpart politically.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »
I have doubts it'll go that far since alternative's to transplants are being developed.  Example synthetic organs.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 03:18:48 AM »
I wonder can we legally eat it?? It's not quite human but does the laws allow it?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
    Human flesh is "unclean" not Kosher , not Hallal in most religions , but is the first choice for transplants, is transplanting fundamentally different from consumption?

Taboos have some strength, but the cheapest and best way to stay alive tends to be a strong argument.

There is a scientific reason to worry, there are a lot of diseases that do not plague human beings but do affect other animals , there are also some that prefer one or the other and are more of a problem for one than the other.

Might a chimera hand the keys to humanity to a new pathogen?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 04:36:06 AM »
I think this is more of a solve one problem at a time situation. First save the life then worry about potential illnesses. Triag