Author Topic: Flights being cut to Cuba as Americans don't wanna visit the hellhole!  (Read 1688 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Airlines Forced to Cut Trips to Cuba Because Americans Don't Want to Go

In an extensive report Friday, Bloomberg noted a general dismay both among airlines and other tourism-related businesses that Cuba was not proving as popular as they expected.

Decades of communism have turned Cuba into an impoverished nation with limited luxuries and especially limited freedom of expression.

Tourists who have written of their experiences there describe it as inconvenient and sad.

"I also saw up close an undercurrent of sadness I couldn't quite shake," wrote Kari Paul in Market Watch after her return. "The oppressive atmosphere was impossible to ignore when I offhandedly told people I met to visit me in New York sometime, and watched them shake their heads." Paul noted that she could not enthusiastically endorse Americans visiting the island, not just because of the sadness of the experience, but the knowledge that "the influx of tourists is causing major food shortages for locals."

The website iAfrica found international tourists appalled at the conditions in Cuban hotels and restaurants. "You spent three hours waiting to eat. Since they were state restaurants, the staff could have cared less," French tourist Jean Orsini protested. Other tourists noted that the four-star hotels often lacked running water.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/20/airlines-forced-cut-trips-cuba-americans-dont-want-go/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Flights being cut to Cuba as Americans don't wanna visit the hellhole!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »
Due to the source it might be abit bias . More likely it's much too soon for cuba to handle unrestricted tourism. I think i said on another post I would wait at least three years before I got there so thing would settle down. The samething happened to my sis when she went to russia after the fall of communism. Little kids tried to pick pocket her but she's was raised in the streets of hing kong and thats not gonna happen.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Flights being cut to Cuba as Americans don't wanna visit the hellhole!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:45:33 AM »
thats better but I still stand by my claim It`s way too soon for Unrestricted tourism. I`ve been to the caribbean and even those popular destinations are not that attractive to many folks.I now understand why thiers so many promotions for those places. It`s a hot and humid places and nobody can move too quickly there. only poeple who don`t mind that climate will enjoy it. one bright spot is I held a monkey. it`s quit predictable cuba would have trouble