Author Topic: Before the left and media start piling on.....  (Read 1931 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Before the left and media start piling on.....
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »
.... Yes, this is the 1st big defeat of Trump's administration (that of the ACHA being pulled from being voted on)  It didn't have the GOP votes to pass in the House (we won't even discuss the Senate here). 

This is by no means Trump's fault, or even lack of his leadership, although he'll get shelled by the media and Democrats as a failure of his doing.  No, this sits squarely on the GOP, and I mean the ENTIRE DC GOP.  For years and years and years, they ran on repeal, and touted multiple plans to replace.  "If only they had a Republican President and control of both houses", they proclaimed........WHALAAA!!, they now have it.  And instead of putting together a simplified format, they ran on what largely amounted to Obamacare-lite....as in the "fixing" that Dems needed when they saw the ACA imploding.  Now granted, they removed the mandates, which was paramount, but still had too many Government fingers in the pot.

I realize the problem.....you have to fashion a replacement bill that somehow appeases the conservative folk that ran on full repeal in the House, but at the same time, placate the moderate Republicans you'll need to theoretically have it pass the Senate.  They should have at the very least gotten a bill thru the House, but I do applaud the GOP in one sense.....that unlike the Dems who took Pelosi's bait, hook, line & sinker, to pass that abomination of a healthcare bill, most of them without even having read it, at least the GOP is looking at the bill in great detail and consideration.  But in the end, there should have been no excuse, NOT to come up with a replacement bill that would have passed the Republican controlled, House of Representatives
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Before the left and media start piling on.....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:45:33 AM »
.... Yes, this is the 1st big defeat of Trump's administration

I'm not so sure....stay tuned....watch and see.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »
The gamble Trump is making now, is that Obamacare will implode under its own weight, and he's betting that the Democrats will then come crawling to him to help fix the program they solely put into place.  That assumes that the DC Democrats actually care about the people of this country.  I'm sure some do, but they'd be crucified by the likes of Pelosi & Schumer, if they demonstrated ANY attempt to compromise with Trump, especially on Obamacare

So, the GOP can ONLY expect help in actually passing legislation from themselves.  Get something passed in the House, then let the Democrats hang themselves in trying to obstruct it, in the Senate.  In this case the GOP let both the Dems off the hook, and gave their own constituencies yet another reason not to want to support them, come next election cycle
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 02:03:27 PM »
Is it true steve bannon was part of the problem . I was told he actually order people to vote for this and stated they had no choice.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 05:28:31 PM »
That appears to be a bit of a distortion.  Trump was telling people to vote for it....so was Ryan.....both stated this was the only bill to vote on.  Bannon likely said the same thing, unless you can provide more context of the "order"

And I read earlier, reinforcing what I've already alluded to, even moderate Democrats have been given their orders.....no compromising with Trump.....especially on Obamacare