Author Topic: Trump says he would meet with North Korean Leader!  (Read 1882 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Trump says he would meet with North Korean Leader!
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »
This is why I LOVE TRUMP....

Trump don't care what the hell anybody thinks or what established protocols are.

He'll meet with North Korean leader and the Philippines leader.

Don't think China doesn't notice this....Trump is doing this in part to send China a message.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-01/trump-says-he-d-meet-with-north-korea-s-kim-if-situation-s-right
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Trump says he would meet with North Korean Leader!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 07:03:40 PM »
I don't expect a lot of help from China.

If North Korea became rational they would gradually slide twards reunification.

A rational , unified Korea might very well be a better friend to the US than to China.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 07:16:08 PM »
Bingo Plane....you are exactly right....China wants to avoid North Korea becoming South Korea.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 10:10:35 PM »
But it's not up to china or any of us if korea unites. But do note thier two pretty much totally different groups. Even physically they look diferent. Very few s.koreans can pass for north. I think no n.koreans can.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:21:12 PM »
  I once shared a map I had of Korea with a group of Koreans who were working here, they didn't like the bold line that marked the "border" between the North and South, they don't like the idea of the separation being permanent. I got the feeling that this was a very common attitude in Korea, might be the one thing that North and South can agree about.

Unfortunately the cold war tended to harden this unreal border, and the prosperous South is useful to the US and the western world , the crazy North is useful to China in a way that does not need prosperity.

I understand that learning to speak Chinese is a popular study in South Korea, and that many business deals are being crafted between Chinese businesses and S. Korean businesses . What might happen if South Korea becomes as usefull to China as it is to the west?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 02:46:30 AM »
Many koreans learned cantonese at one time because it was the best way to deal with hong kong but now the shift is to learn mandarin since china is finally in charge. Dispite china prefers shanghai to take over all the businesses hong kong has. It will not be done due to trust issues. China has certain laws which makes it quite undesireable for foreign business to work there